test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote Kick system

ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
How exactly does this work? Is it bugged?

If you're kicked, are you notified (in log)?

Never really had any issues or even seen vote kick used in a dungeon, until about 5 minutes ago where I guess I was kicked one blow away from draco kill. Didn't see a notice or anything. Sucks, but lesson learnt. Only 4 of us in party.
Post edited by ukspawn on

Comments

• nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You are notified if it succeeds or fails only as a system notification

And possibly by party members screaming at the top of their lungs "KICK" or "YES"
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Annoying system that needs tweaking so that it isn't possible to kick during or until after a few minutes after a boss fight to prevent this behavior .
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Annoying system that needs tweaking so that it isn't possible to kick during or until after a few minutes after a boss fight to prevent this behavior .

Never had this happen to me personally, but seriously the vote needs to be unanimous AND
    there needs to be an popup dialog given to the person kicked to report griefing - the persons engaged in this kind of
    behavior need to be banned.

IMO, once the final boss fight starts, kicking needs to be disabled.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    The flaws are many in this votekick system.
    The queue once put me in a group that was already midway in dungeon and right after the loading screen, a system message asks me if I vote Yes or No to kick player xxxxx. That makes no sense, there is no way I can know what this xxxx player did wrong (or not). Players should not be asked to vote if they were not there from the start.
    English is not my first language.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vortix44 wrote: »
    The flaws are many in this votekick system.
    The queue once put me in a group that was already midway in dungeon and right after the loading screen, a system message asks me if I vote Yes or No to kick player xxxxx. That makes no sense, there is no way I can know what this xxxx player did wrong (or not). Players should not be asked to vote if they were not there from the start.

You should ask before voting just in case they're innocent and even though it can still be misused I like the idea of having to have 4 people to agree to votekick somebody instead of one person having all the power.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It is too spammable right now too:
    A few times some guy was dead bent on kicking others, so he would initiate the kick vote the moment the previous one failed, preventing everyone else from playing (because of the popup). Eventually enough people just clicked yes to continue playing, to the detriment of the guy he tried to kick.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ran into that problem in Icespire. Voted NO at least 10 times, died and had to vote NO 3 more times before I could 'Leave Party.'
    nwnghost wrote: »
    You are notified if it succeeds or fails only as a system notification

And possibly by party members screaming at the top of their lungs "KICK" or "YES"
    edited February 2014
    Had the same problem. Maybe a 30 MINUTE cool down in final dungeon is a possibility. And a 4 hour cool down once final boss is killed. OR 3 failures and the kicker is kicked for UNCOOPERATION. The main theme of D& D is party cooperation, you can't win without it.

nwnghost wrote: »
    It is too spammable right now too:
    A few times some guy was dead bent on kicking others, so he would initiate the kick vote the moment the previous one failed, preventing everyone else from playing (because of the popup). Eventually enough people just clicked yes to continue playing, to the detriment of the guy he tried to kick.
    edited February 2014
    Comment on my posts above.
    imsmithy wrote: »
    edited February 2014
    I agree that no kicking after reaching the final campfire, but those who start at the final campfire should skip the treasure at least the first time through. I did.
    Never had this happen to me personally, but seriously the vote needs to be unanimous AND
    there needs to be an popup dialog given to the person kicked to report griefing - the persons engaged in this kind of
    behavior need to be banned.

IMO, once the final boss fight starts, kicking needs to be disabled.
  • theheroshieldtheheroshield Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It is a faulty system. First, anyone should be able to ask for the vote kick, not just the leader (we had a situation with a really annoying player who constantly gave us grief and we wanted to kick him but couldn't because the leader was a goody-goody who didn't want to offend anyone, including the griefer). Second, you should not be able to kick if the team does not all agree (I had a team who vote-kick spammed until a bunch of the guys agreed to it, except me, since the guy they kicked did nothing to deserve it). Third, no vote-kicking after the 2nd boss. If you didn't see a problem with the person until then you're either blind or foolish, or both. Stop robbing people's loot!
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    But what about people that got in just before the last fight, and he's not doing his/her job?
    Let's say one of our members was dc'ed or had to leave, just before the final boss. And in his place we get an annoying person that doesn't do his/her work and manages to get the rest of the party wiped. According to that he wouldn't be able to be kicked becase we're just before the last boss.
    BTW this is purely hipothetic, I've only run epic dungeons once with my guild, so I'm not sure how it all works XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My suggestion a while back was to disable vote kicking (and now replacement) during the final boss fight and only enable it again if the party wipes. This would prevent ninja looters kicking people and prevent replacements rolling on loot drops when they didn't actually fight the boss. If someone is so bad you need to kick them during a boss fight, you'll have to wipe to get rid of them, but if they were that bad you probably already wiped.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited February 2014
    I agree that kicking shouldn't be enabled while in fighting (or after the last boss has been killed either)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • theheroshieldtheheroshield Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If having a new person appearing at the end that's not doing their job happens frequently enough the above suggestion^ would do just nicely. You should not be able to vote-kick after a boss is down. The only reason this is done is to steal loot. Of course I think a loot roll is silly anyways. They should just provide everyone a copy of the same item.

And the dungeons need to have their GS set higher. I don't want the dungeons made easier; they're easy enough, imo. But so many people get vote-kicked for having too low a score, although I don't personally agree with doing that, I understand why people do (lazy folks who want an easy/quick run of it). Raising the score means folks would have to have actual good gear before challenging the tougher dungeons.
  • rageviolentnowrageviolentnow Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi

I'm am SICK and TIRED of those "guilds" that are in dungeons, and one leaves or something. Then you sign-up for dungeon and comes in this dungeon with these guilds people. And they just kick you right away in hope to get other guild member in there.

This is beyond lame, today i got kicked 10 times from same dungeon.... Either you need make an function that people can INVITE guild members into the dungeon they are, OR you should make an COOLDOWN on how often people are able to kick.
    Since it's not fun to be kicked all the time cuz of this! and also not since you keep getting put into the dungeon of these fools.

I'm at a point i'm thinking of quit this game now, since its nothing but issues with trying to do dungeons. You hardly able to get FRESH dungeons, and when you finally get an dungeon after wait forever your kicked.
    And yes you can say "just get an guild" i have a guild with real life friends, but we don't always play at same time so then i need sign-up.
    And i really hate the looking for group channel, it spamms so fast it makes me dizzy.

~Mystra-
    edited February 2014
    There should be a way for people to directly invite someone else to a dungeon, like in other MMO's, that would probably solve the problem.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    There should be a way for people to directly invite someone else to a dungeon, like in other MMO's, that would probably solve the problem.
    And a way to stop the dungeon from instantly throwing someone into the party. Had a friend get chucked out of the dungeon because he didn't get the dd chest popping up so he did a change character screen then logged back in on the same character. Instead of popping back into the dungeon he got thrown into PE. We decided to quick finish the dungeon and during the fight (karru) another GWF popped in and of course tried to need the drops. We didn't need them and would have prefered to not even let someone into the group.
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Sometimes they kick, not in hopes of getting another guild member, but because they only want to run a 4 or 3 man group. It would be ideal if the party leader could make the group private so the queue wouldn't place anyone in the instance.
  • kevinc55kevinc55 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've had this happen in pvp matches also (mostly with my HR) - getting kicked the moment I enter. Have had that happen 5-6 times in a row sometimes ( to a char. that has all pvp-earned gear, and has made enough glory to buy and salvage epic gear from the battle store, not a slouch.) It is annoying, but I just keep queuing up until I get in.
  • lucidproph3cylucidproph3cy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That exactly why I build my group from the LFG channel before entering a dungeon the que system just doesn't work properly. GWFs can't que as a tank even though they can do good jobs at it. Kick people because the que system added them in at the final boss and other similar things. Hopefully you won't find someone trying to three man it. My guild has worked out a system bring alts and change characters so they stay in the party but are dc'd so the que won't add anyone in since we are 3 or 4 manning the dungeon. It is also true that the LFG channel is spam crazy during the DD hour.

There was an earlier thread about ideas to improve the situation. Which letting people invite as well as some other ideas. My only suggestion is add people to your friends list that you have done a dungeon with before.. Once you get a nice sized friends list it is rather easy picking up a party. I however just pull from the LFG channel for my parties sometimes. If I am ever on I'd be more than happy to help you party up just send an invite.

The crazy thing I am getting sick off is post about owl companions and other stupid stuff that gets responses from dev's when more important subjects get no notice at all.

Kaine Alastair - 15.4 CW
  • benzchiibenzchii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited February 2014
    hope you could ban some people who are disrespectfull...... they Kicked without any reasons or they kicked because they want the Loots...... im always unto Dungeons well almost often these people GUILD called "<removed>"
    im the first inside the dungeon and when they enter they kick while im batling boss.......... hope you could make some fix about this problem......remove the KIcked or somehow tell GM 1st or message the situation before kicking people ............
    :(:(:(
  • syncmaster793dfsyncmaster793df Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i agree voting for kick without unknow reason should be banned.I would like name for person who start voting for kick Hope Dev can Make that happen.
    Dev team should make change or something like warning to party in dungeon if they kick 3 more time then make them party closed from other player to join.This should Teach Them something let they party play 4 ppl inside dungeoun.I wan to see they suffer!!
  • twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    No suffering when they are kicking just for loot when the boss is dead or near death.

I'd love to see vote kicking turned off during a boss fight, queue turned off during a boss fight (so no one else can get added randomly) and anyone that was part of the boss fight rolls on loot even if they get kicked after the fight.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Vote kicking was added because before that the leader could just kick you without any vote at all. Be glad now that others have to agree to kick people.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
    edited February 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    Vote kicking was added because before that the leader could just kick you without any vote at all. Be glad now that others have to agree to kick people.

The fact that it was worse before is hardly a reason to simply be satisfied with how it is currently.
    edited February 2014
    Like CN/karundax/temple of spider/ im in the middle of soloing the boss since im the only one in the dungeon ...(I SOLO IF IM the Only One iNside) and this people come in..... when boss is nearly death they kicked me..... it happens a lot becuse they want the epic loots,,,,,, hope that they fix this matter.....its a kinda unfair for me......
    edited February 2014
    its okay to kicked people .....People that DIsconnects......... sometime i give them 5-10 mins after i kicked when they really doent come back................
  • angradangrad Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    benzchii wrote: »
    Like CN/karundax/temple of spider/ im in the middle of soloing the boss since im the only one in the dungeon ...(I SOLO IF IM the Only One iNside) and this people come in..... when boss is nearly death they kicked me..... it happens a lot becuse they want the epic loots,,,,,, hope that they fix this matter.....its a kinda unfair for me......

How are you soloing the bosses?
    edited February 2014
    kinda good idea i agree with that....... im always the party leader becuse im the last one always left inside....... when i checked the party it says CLOSED TEAM why is somebody getting in??? not unless the party leader open the option party and change the CLOSED TEAM to OPen TEAM or Invite OPen