test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Harder dungeons please

jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
I'm quite disappointed at how MC and VT are so easy as end game dungeons if everyone in the party is well geared. I think it will be great to have some really tough dungeons or 10 man raids designed for 13K GS and above, which is quite easy with artifacts.

It'll be great to have randomly spawn mini bosses, more strategies. Something like epic DV will be a good start.
Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
Post edited by jaotut on

Comments

• dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    how u do at CN?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd love to see more complex boss fights and 10 man content. The dragon in MC is a great example of the start of this kind of design, with needing to take care of val at certain points. Or the caskets in vt. I'd really like to see a boss that needs interrupts, positioning, and perhaps an enrage timer. The fights here are pretty simple, I think building complexity is the best way to achieve what you want from the dungeons.
  • nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would like to see this also. As long as they're designed around mechanics that cant be cheesed by dropping $200 on Zen, buying all the best gear in the game and walking in with a party of people at 20K gs. I don't think complexity is something we'll ever see in this game. I'm only speculating, but I think their target audience are the players that want to buy their accomplishments, not earn them. The very fact that you can buy your way into all the best gear, makes striking a balance between those players and the players that spend months to earn everything very difficult.

What I think may work...perhaps with each module, do what I have seen in other games...the final tier/endgame gear cannot be purchased or crafted, and only drops in the final dungeons/raids. This would allow the people that wish to buy their accomplishments the chance to purchase them up to a point, but also those that enjoy the challenge and earning their gear that opportunity without being overlooked for the player that bought all the best of the best right off the bat. I've that work fairly well in other games anyway, that seemed to have a higher population than this one.
  • badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
    edited February 2014
    nap1985 wrote: »
    What I think may work...perhaps with each module, do what I have seen in other games...the final tier/endgame gear cannot be purchased or crafted, and only drops in the final dungeons/raids. This would allow the people that wish to buy their accomplishments the chance to purchase them up to a point, but also those that enjoy the challenge and earning their gear that opportunity without being overlooked for the player that bought all the best of the best right off the bat. I've that work fairly well in other games anyway, that seemed to have a higher population than this one.
    Dooooh, the sets with most stats Fabled Ilyanbruen and Dread Legion are bind on pick-up and only available from their specific dungeons. Of course, what the best set is for a given character is always debatable and up to the player. Just stop typing random nonsense without thinking, every time you see someone with good gear do you think he bought it?
  • eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    try 5 DC CN for a challenge
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Need a challenge, play a GF.

jaotut wrote: »
    I'm quite disappointed at how MC and VT are so easy as end game dungeons if everyone in the party is well geared. I think it will be great to have some really tough dungeons or 10 man raids designed for 13K GS and above, which is quite easy with artifacts.

It'll be great to have randomly spawn mini bosses, more strategies. Something like epic DV will be a good start.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dooooh, the sets with most stats Fabled Ilyanbruen and Dread Legion are bind on pick-up and only available from their specific dungeons.

Not true - Fomorian (MC) and Fallen Dragon (VT) have the most stats for main hand, and to get them doesn't require even setting foot in the dungeon, just buying the fragments and crafting assets. And to get the offhand you don't have to kill the final boss (for some classes).

So yes, it is true that in this game, for some classes, you can get the absolute best weapons in the game without ever laying eyes on Valindra or Fulminorax.
    edited February 2014
    Classy.

They're far from the best sets for every class and spec, as you suggested. But perhaps I worded poorly....You can certainly buy your way into *some* of the best gear in the game and make content trivial, which obviously many enjoy that method, but not all.

I suppose my point was that a final definitive tier that cant be bought, would sort of level the playing field. The speed at which you got to the point where you could enter that tier would differ, but buying a lot of zen wouldn't make that final tier a complete joke.
  • eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    i want an encounter vs fulminorax and draco lich at the same time, im not even maxed out and every content is just a breeze
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ive been saying it for a long time... game needs a challenge for hardcore gamers, because right now i barely find motivation to log on everyday, the answer is not only harder dungeons (not more adds, harder to deal with) different boss mechanics... but i would love to see a "nightmare level" with unressurrectable toons, 1 life for your toon, that would be awesome!
    edited February 2014
    Heh, with permanent death, there would be a LOT of people that were too lazy to read wtf nightmare mode was, and cry up a river that they lost their toons. Having said that....sweet tears! Bring em on!
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What I hope they WONT do to make fights harder is to create tactics that require really good reflexes. People outside NA (where, I believe, the servers are) would have problems with their 200-300+ ping. I heard NA folks have no problem disabling 6 caskets on valindra and I doubt there are many, for example, EU people that can open more than 4 (and even 4 is kinda challenging if u have to wait about 1-2 seconds after pressing F to actually start disabling, not to mention you probably can hit F later than ppl with smaller ping). Unless they split servers again and make 1 for each continent. Not sure how much would lower population on each server impact gameplay.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You want harder dungeons? Try PUGs. Most dungeons will be next to impossible :D Running PUGs is the hard mode for any epic dungeon!
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You want harder dungeons? Try PUGs. Most dungeons will be next to impossible :D Running PUGs is the hard mode for any epic dungeon!
    PUG Mad Dragon for a "fun" time.

Why MD? Because the PUG you'll get into likely has no idea how to approach the fight, will barely meet the GS and will most likely mess up any kind of strategy. The difficulty here will be to teach a group of strangers to work like a team and working with whatever class composition you get.

Bring 4-5 stacks of healing potions.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    It's hard enough. The easiest epic dungeon, DV, has trash mobs that hit for 25k. I remember also the dracolich fight, lowest mob hits for 4k, intermediate one for 8k, and there are tons of them.

Once (if) the exploits fixed, dungeons will not appear too easy any more.
    English is not my first language.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The easiest epic dungeon is definitely not DV.

My point is once people are geared, there's no real end game dungeon. The so called end game dungeons now can be completed with no DC quite easily.

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jaotut wrote: »
    The easiest epic dungeon is definitely not DV.

My point is once people are geared, there's no real end game dungeon. The so called end game dungeons now can be completed with no DC quite easily.

Pretty much true of all (recent) MMOs.

Perhaps they could allow you to flag a character at creation as 'Hardcore'. This is a perma-death version where you cannot use the AH, trade or receive mail or AD.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd like to see someone complete Epic DV without a DC (and if really brave, without potions either).

Maybe even a timed challenge? (though that would probably favor CW stacking too much)
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, two things would be nice.

1 - the possibility of increasing the level of the dungeon if you go in with a pre formed group.

2 - create a dungeon with traps in the style of the damage zones of valindra. would be six traps along an infested dungeons, each of which can only be disarmed by a specific class (one of them inevitably would have to be addressed).
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They should make the next artifact that they introduced to drop from epic DV.

• macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    When valindra was nerfed on preview server i told in this foruns that they have nerfed her too much, me and my party were very well equiped and people were saiyng to me that me and my team only did it because we got perfects, high rank enchants, etc....

By then i had arround 13k GS as a DC and i said that when people will be geared with the new module gear we will kill her VERY easly.... people didnt belive me and now i do VT 5x times in 1 hour.

When they test in the preview server people tend to forget that they are fighing new content with their current gear... with time and with new module progression people will have much better GS and Devs rly must take that in consideration.

Its normal for any MMO that u gear up first so u can be able to kill the "last boss", so its perfect normal when new content comes out that people wont be able to kill it. But in neverwinter things work diferent, people test new content at preview, say its to hard and cryptic nerf it.... After 1-2 months we are creating posts like this one, how easy content is.... :/
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ive been complaining about the game being too easy since week 2 of open beta, you get a freaking sparking trail to, god forbids it, avoid anyone getting lost and having to search a little!

Since games became mass media and open to all kind of target consumers, the difficulty has become a joke IN ALL GAMES, but specially mmo's are culprits, i agree, long grinds are lame, but at least give long time gamers a difficulty scale to choose, and please, that scale should not be : A easy, B easier, C inmune to all damage, D we complete it for you, please keep buying our stuff.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    macabrivs wrote: »
    now i do VT 5x times in 1 hour.

Impressive. I cannot even complete one epic DV in the same time. Queue system keeps putting me in groups where two people have declined already. I haven't tried VT at all yet. But MC, yes, with a Legit Community PUG. We could not even enter the dungeon, as we consistently wiped against the outdoors trash mobs.
    On the other hand, maybe the Dread ring and Sharandar minidungeons are too easy. You facetank Jawbones without ever using a potion, you think you're powerful, you try a dungeon delve, you wipe.
    English is not my first language.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    macabrivs wrote: »
    When valindra was nerfed on preview server i told in this foruns that they have nerfed her too much, me and my party were very well equiped and people were saiyng to me that me and my team only did it because we got perfects, high rank enchants, etc....

By then i had arround 13k GS as a DC and i said that when people will be geared with the new module gear we will kill her VERY easly.... people didnt belive me and now i do VT 5x times in 1 hour.

When they test in the preview server people tend to forget that they are fighing new content with their current gear... with time and with new module progression people will have much better GS and Devs rly must take that in consideration.

Its normal for any MMO that u gear up first so u can be able to kill the "last boss", so its perfect normal when new content comes out that people wont be able to kill it. But in neverwinter things work diferent, people test new content at preview, say its to hard and cryptic nerf it.... After 1-2 months we are creating posts like this one, how easy content is.... :/

Yeah I remember your predictions :) Fairly accurate today - for people that either play a lot, or pay for their gear.

For most player base, which are casuals with bad specs and abysmal damage/tanking/healing, Val is nearly impossible. Considering I'm coming from a game with an elite raiding culture where only 1% or even less managed to complete the raids on heroic difficulty when they were current content, I can understand this. But somehow, Neverwinter doesn't feel that similar to that other game, it feels more of a casual action MMO, instead of a hardcore raiding MMO.

Anyway, Merlin is right, we need more difficult dungeons, with BETTER rewards. Cause I won't touch a harder MC is I still get blue drops... ever, for example.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like how the people who complain about the game being too easy are the same people who start whining when someone suggests that voirpal should be nerfed.

Please continue.
  • digimix13digimix13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like how the people who complain about the game being too easy are the same people who start whining when someone suggests that voirpal should be nerfed.

Please continue.

Nerfing vorpal wouldn't make antyhing harder in the pve aspect of the game.....hell, vorpal isn't even the best pve enchantment despite people acting it's the be all, end all enchant.

Without being too specific and taking only tooltips into account.

A Perfect Vorpal gives 1 person an aditional 50% damage on crit..... a Perfect Plague Fire at 3 stacks gives an aditional 45% damage to everyone on the party on every single hit being it a crit or not. Witch makes much superior in pve terms.

Vorpal is like gs in this game, people go crazy when they see big numbers and forget that this is a team game and that there are others things that need to be taken into account.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    digimix13 wrote: »
    Nerfing vorpal wouldn't make antyhing harder in the game.....hell, vorpal isn't even the best pve enchantment despite people acting it's the be all, end all enchant.

Without being too specific and taking only tooltips into account.

A Perfect Vorpal gives 1 person an aditional 50% damage on crit..... a Perfect Plague Fire at 3 stacks gives an aditional 45% damage to everyone on the party on every single hit being it a crit or not. Witch makes much superior in pve terms.

PF gives defense reduction which does not correspond to damage increase.

I believe people who have done the maths have found that for personal DPS, Perfect Vorpal > Greater Plaguefire, but a GPF increases everyone's damage so it is ideal to have one in a party.
  • digimix13digimix13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    PF gives defense reduction which does not correspond to damage increase.

I believe people who have done the maths have found that for personal DPS, Perfect Vorpal > Greater Plaguefire, but a GPF increases everyone's damage so it is ideal to have one in a party.

Like I said, without being too specific and taking only tooltips into account xD

P. Plaguefire at 3 stacks equals a total of 9% mitigation reduction witch in turn equals a total of 9% of increased damage dealt to the target by every single hit.

But even then, having a P. Vorpal also does not equal to an increased 50% personal dps at the end of a dungeon, it's more like around a 10% increase in high a crit build.

Not to forget that Terror also stacks with Plague fire, giving an aditional 4% mitigation reduction so, havinging both in the party would be the ideal scenario.

On a side note, 3 stacks of Plague Fire are, from my personal experience, quite easy to achieve on almost every occasion...but that can change according to playstyle/party composition.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    digimix13 wrote: »
    But even then, having a P. Vorpal also does not equal to an increased 50% personal dps at the end of a dungeon, it's more like around a 10% increase in high a crit build.
    Yeah, a perfect vorpal gives 10% damage increase. If you have 20% crit chance.

Please stop talking if you have no idea what you're talking about.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, a perfect vorpal gives 10% damage increase. If you have 20% crit chance.

Please stop talking if you have no idea what you're talking about.

it gives 25% and to extremly high crtic builds 50% crtic chance

as for to easy dungeons u can easy make them hard by your self do not use hp pots bring 1 cw instead of 2-3 i do not see why would devs need to make harder dungeons when none even plays one a bit harder we have atm epic dv if ppl like hard dungeons why then none play it?think this threads and ppl who makes them mostly do so to can brag araound how they have op gear and everything is easy for them but this is the same ppl who do not play anything if their team is not 17k+perfect armor and weapons gems