test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The price of poor planning or A really fun time in SP...

lady808lady808 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
1 - rogue
1 - cleric
1 - ranger
1 - evil sorceress (me)
1 - barbarian (GWF)

Standard SP run during DD. Ranger, cleric, and barbarian are all new to SP. Never been there, never seen it. I said ok. Before the boss fights, I brief them on what to expect. Things go fine and we're actually making good time considering it's a PUG with 60% new peeps. :D

We reach the end fight. I start to do the brief, but the cleric cuts me short and says he has to go to bed soon so can we just go? I manage to tell the ranger and the barbarian to ignore the adds and just attack the boss, but to watch out for red cones coming from behind in case I miss any adds. Fight starts up. I manage to nab the agro from the adds and do my "thing". I peripherally notice someone run by me every once in awhile as I'm busy concentrating on spotting the red cones. I actually thought it was the cleric just running by me every once in awhile. A little while later, I glance at the boss's health bar and notice it hasn't moved much at all.

I then start to pay more attention to what's going on around me and guess what I see? I see the ranger running around like a chicken without his head on, with those berserk adds (yes the ones that don't do anything to you) following him around. I also see the barbarian running around hitting said adds. I'm confused, but remind them to hit the boss instead of the adds. Come to find out as well that the rogue had recently respecced to a more PvP friendly build so his PvE boss DPS actually stunk. The pace speeds up after that and we manage to finish even though the ranger dies from falling off the platform and the barbarian dies from getting knocked off from the platform. So instead of the end fight being faster like how the cleric wanted, it actually took waaaay longer just because the cleric wouldn't let me warn the ranger and the barbarian what was coming. :eek:

I had to kind of piece together what had happened and, at the time, I wanted to start pulling my hair out, but, now that I'm looking back at it, it's actually funny as heck! :D

The ranger was like... "Ahhhh! These adds are following me around!!!! Save meeeeeeee!!!!!"

While the barbarian was like... "Ugh! Boss too tough! Me smash little adds!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!"

While the rogue was like... "Ah HAH! I'm stealthed so you can't see me! Take THAT! And THAT! And THAT!" /chucking daggers at the boss

A case of poor planning or A really fun time in SP? I'll let you decide...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you're going to ride my HAMSTER... At least pull my hair"
Taking the trash out, one badguy at a time.
"Satisfaction guaranteed or twice your trash back."
Post edited by lady808 on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Next time tell the cleric or whoever else it might be that 5 min of explaination can cut of 15 mins of running around like a chicken.
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    +1 to a really fun time.

Cuz that's how final boss fights should be, and stuff like this don't happen that often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    LMAO that's funny as hell !
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm laughing so hard when someone gets aggro from zombies and starts to run around despite the fact they don't attack him.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did that rogue manage to kill a boss? He was entirely useless if he didn't...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Did that rogue manage to kill a boss? He was entirely useless if he didn't...

Considering that my first time in SP as a rogue, I ended up going swimming and the party guardian fighter very slowly poked the boss to death, even a PvP spec TR would be able to do it eventually.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Reminds me of a guildie who was complaining in gchat about their group. He'd gotten stuck with a group of exploiters, and were into hour *2* of trying exploit the boss. Without fail, they'd agggro something, wipe and try again. Finally, they tried doing it the legit way (at his rather persistent insistence).

Boss dead, first try.

How long had they been at it? Well, a DD chest was popped and the previous DD had ended over 3 hours before that.

Sometimes, it's just faster to listen or do things the way the developer intended...
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To the OP , sounds like you had a lot of fun even though it caused you frustration at the time.

cdnbison wrote: »
    Reminds me of a guildie who was complaining in gchat about their group. He'd gotten stuck with a group of exploiters, and were into hour *2* of trying exploit the boss. Without fail, they'd agggro something, wipe and try again. Finally, they tried doing it the legit way (at his rather persistent insistence).

Boss dead, first try.

How long had they been at it? Well, a DD chest was popped and the previous DD had ended over 3 hours before that.

Sometimes, it's just faster to listen or do things the way the developer intended...

Haha , that reminds me of the first time I did epic PK on my CW , the leader insisted that me the other CW and the DC stand on the fence and kill the boss , back then we were all very low GS and not very experienced and the plan failed numerous times , tried it once the proper way and we killed him , that taught me a very valuable lesson lol.