What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Event Preview: Challenge of the Gods

Comments

• Options
    ndasahndasah Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still hoping for an Event wich can only be mastered with a functioning(more or less experienced) Group so it's not becoming a grind Event again.
    Additionally, I love the idea of an Event only open for guild raids..........
    Could end up with a ranking list of the best guilds and specially awards
  • Options
    manplowmanplow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Awww I was hoping for new armor transmutes too , what are the two pictures in the news post about the event then? those being posted in the event preview made me think that new armor was available too D:

The screenshots show examples of the Celestial Grace dye. I bought some a while back. It makes your gear a dull yellow and purple.
    Warrior Nation. Always recruiting. Check us out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Like a snow plow, but for people.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    manplow wrote: »
    The screenshots show examples of the Celestial Grace dye. I bought some a while back. It makes your gear a dull yellow and purple.

Bleh that's a disappointment then , I have dyes coming out of my ears from previous events xD
  • Options
    nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ndasah wrote: »
    Still hoping for an Event wich can only be mastered with a functioning(more or less experienced) Group so it's not becoming a grind Event again.
    Additionally, I love the idea of an Event only open for guild raids..........
    Could end up with a ranking list of the best guilds and specially awards

Wouldn't like the whole guild raid exclusivity thing..as it would almost force people to join guilds to get all the benefits. But I could definitely see something that would encourage party play with these events. Example: Increase drop rate if you're in a party? Remove that thing for dungeons of course :v
  • Options
    jesterdavidxjesterdavidx Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Seems odd to be doing a god centric event set in the Forgotten Realms and not tie into the Sundering, the big D&D event going on late 2013 and early 2014 in the Realms.
    Between this and the Winter Event it feels like Neverwinter is really breaking ties with the source setting...
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Seems odd to be doing a god centric event set in the Forgotten Realms and not tie into the Sundering, the big D&D event going on late 2013 and early 2014 in the Realms.
    Between this and the Winter Event it feels like Neverwinter is really breaking ties with the source setting...

I'd say it's more of a case of "divergent evolution". NW started with the Forgotten Realms setting that was in a particular state. Since NW went live, it's kind of its own entity now - events may or may not transpire in the exact same way as is or will happen in the PnP setting - just like how there are a lot fewer available subsets/branches of the core classes here in NW than in the books...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    tangodiotangodio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2014
    it's possible to test it before it come out? I visited Mimic and Owlbear server but nothing too see...
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Gifts of the Gods - Level 99 event

Rewards of the (Developers) - Level 5 event

The Devs have a TON of work to do. To get it right, a one month delay may be in Order.

Think of What Elminster received from Mystra. Those are the gifts of a Goddess. That's level 99 rewards.

Invocation Coin Jackpot (50 coins) is level 99 with a 1% chance

Level 10 enchants and runes is level 99 at 1% chance.

99 packs of (level appropriate) potions and 99 Divine injury kit packs at 1% chance is a level 99 event.

5% chance to use dyes on weapons is a level 99 event.

Special transmute Weapon keeps it's T2 (or T1) stats and changes it's skin to look like the Celestial Mantle weapon. Works just like regular transmute and is an extra option.

THAT IS THE CHALLENGE OF THE GODS!!!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tangodio wrote: »
    it's possible to test it before it come out? I visited Mimic and Owlbear server but nothing too see...

No, it is not possible. They however likely do internal testing of events.
  • Options
    nikolamijatnikolamijat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lets hunt. We are ready.
  • Options
    somtaawsomtaaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Let's get ready for a right and proper WAAAAGH!!!
  • Options
    sunnybunny251sunnybunny251 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm pretty excited about this (I have moments of panic when I'm like WHATS THE DATE???? I'm trying to level as quickly as I can between real life stuff. I'm shooting to get to lvl 20 before this happens :)
  • Options
    zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I do not like the free Ardent coin idea. Now every foundry grinder can have same rewards as people that are playing daily for almost a year. Sounds fair? Not to me :)
  • Options
    ipwnu1ipwnu1 Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2014
    zippich wrote: »
    I do not like the free Ardent coin idea. Now every foundry grinder can have same rewards as people that are playing daily for almost a year. Sounds fair? Not to me :)

Let's be real here, only the angel companion is an actually useful reward and in fact it pales next to some other companions already available in-game, unless of course you wanted to sell your angel for a lot on AH in that case think about it this way, the price will initially be high(first 3-10) then 1-2 weeks later there will be hundreds even without the event and the price will fall under 500k, not much really.
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Awww I was hoping for new armor transmutes too , what are the two pictures in the news post about the event then? those being posted in the event preview made me think that new armor was available too D:

i am pretty sure those are existing armors that enemys will be using during this event
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ipwnu1 wrote: »
    Let's be real here, only the angel companion is an actually useful reward and in fact it pales next to some other companions already available in-game, unless of course you wanted to sell your angel for a lot on AH in that case think about it this way, the price will initially be high(first 3-10) then 1-2 weeks later there will be hundreds even without the event and the price will fall under 500k, not much really.

It is not about the price, it is about an achievement. Even more that the companion is not that good.

Just change it to Celestial coins instead of Ardents and I am fine :)
  • Options
    orlicelorlicel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree with Zippich.
    When I started playing NW and I saw the Angel of Protection, I was like: Wow, it will be so great when I finally get it. And I knew only experienced players will ever get Angel. And now? Not experienced players, but foundry grinders will have it first. I don't care about ADs it is a matter of princip.
  • Options
    spearwolfedspearwolfed Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Its great that you run events so often.
    though i think you need to make more
    permanent endgame content
    because for us that spend many hours everyday
    it gets kinda the same everyday.
  • Options
    jdarthshadowjdarthshadow Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The challenge is in two days what are the rewards? :p
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The challenge is in two days what are the rewards? :p

s28G1HX.png
  • Options
    ipwnu1ipwnu1 Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2014
    orlicel wrote: »
    I agree with Zippich.
    When I started playing NW and I saw the Angel of Protection, I was like: Wow, it will be so great when I finally get it. And I knew only experienced players will ever get Angel. And now? Not experienced players, but foundry grinders will have it first. I don't care about ADs it is a matter of princip.

In defence of foundry grinders, I don't think it takes that much experience to log in and pray every day. In fact it might take more experience to finish foundry quests since it requires actual active gametime.

I wonder about the drop rates. Golden Pantaloons anybody? :D
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nvm

. . . . . .
    thought it was going to be an event for the best players. and 60 only. wouldn`t that be nice ;p
    another event where lvl 4`s are called hero`s
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    orlicel wrote: »
    I agree with Zippich.

Need to ask this... are you actually serious? [or did I walk into a troll wire? well at least this one wasn't attached to a Claymore]

To get an Angel... one only has to log in and do an Invocation on 360 different days after playing JUST long enough to get the Invocation quest [Level 11]

You can have that quest by Tower District... experience is not really needed to get an Angel.

Not sure I'd be as bitter as Zippich over an achievement that only required me to log in 360 times and pray.

Since the Angel is sellable... goldfarmers/spammers could have a bonanza around the 1 year Anniversary [if they started from Day 1]... guess diluting this precious achievement even further?

Now that I think about it...

How many of these "Challenges" will one be have bestowed on them a day? 1... 10... every 10 minutes?

Ardent Coins looks like the "Grand Prize" so would think the odds are low of getting it
    ... so let's say each challenge runs 8 minutes [gives you 2 minutes to run and sell then grab another challenge] so that's 6 an hour... so pack a cooler with some drinks, ample supply of non-perishable food within arms reach [maybe hit the ER for a PIV and a couple of IV bags for backup] and if you pack drinks with bottles, you'll have an ample supply of pee bottles and should safely be able to run a 20 hour shift with no problems.

So 6 an hour @ 20 hours gives you 120 runs with let's say a 1-3% drop rate... range would be 1-4 Ardents a day and after 4 days... your haul could be 4-16 of these babies...
    just think if you were able to nab just 14 Ardents, you'd move up a whole 2 weeks!!!

You're right I feel sorry for those who had to do it the hard way by just logging in for 360 days and the stress of maybe missing one day.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tcarnce wrote: »
    nvm

. . . . . .
    thought it was going to be an event for the best players. and 60 only. wouldn`t that be nice ;p
    another event where lvl 4`s are called hero`s

And how would you determine the "best players"???

Would "best in their own minds" count?

Why only lvl 60? ... maybe some of the best players in the game just started and are only lvl 4 at moment and by the end of next week they'll be lvl 60 with all the "top gear" and "pwning" everyone?

You do realize that the "best" players are only a small % of the player base usually like 1% and probably more than 95% of the player base have no clue who those "best" players are [nor do they probably care for that matter] and if that 1% left the game tomorrow... the game would not change any for 98% of the player base, the game would still be here and it would even have a new 1% to replace them.

So an event for just the "best" players... would be a non-event for other 99% of us and we all know only the "best " players need new shiny things.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    i mean, something challenging, like harder then existing dungeons, or at least equal to.
    now it`s grind with 16k gear mobs which are ment for like 5 or 6k.
    kind of lame, only thing what makes that right is the reward.
    i don`t mind it once in a while, but it`s each time the same thing.
    bring your aoe char and farm.

the name challenge of the gods makes it more confusing.
    there`s no challenge, yes 1. challenge how long you can stand on one spot and aoe stuf.
    but ok, too much to ask from a f2p ;p
    same template, other items.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Events like this are meant for everyone, and not something only a handful can take part in.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd be very interested to see how the challenges are setup - will they consist of killing certain enemies in the zone you're in, or will they be special spawns you'll have to find/fight/interact with in some way?

I'm all for events, my only concern is that what is required to participate may not be spelled out ahead of time, and people will waste a good amount of time just trying to figure things out.

I'm hopeful that the devs will implement things in an intuitive and clear-cut manner.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Looks like just another grindfest honestly.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    valetudo78 wrote: »
    Looks like just another grindfest honestly.

If it means I can get the Angel I don't mind grinding xD hopefully making ardent coins easy to get in an event could possibly mean they have plans to change the Ardent coin reward table *crosses fingers* .
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    i`m also setting up my tent in a foundry that starts with grind
    use to feel kind of neglected when those events started to give aoe such overkill.
    but luckely have aoe chars now, so 1 , 2 clicks entire group gone. non stop.
    but guess it has some kind of limit on it again, same as previous.
    that`s a smart thing tbh.

although it gets boring fast in foundries without zonechats.
This discussion has been closed.