test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mimic or Not?

voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Today on Adventure Hour Supplemental, we will are going to play "Mimic or Not?"

Our first subject:

ErqZBLj.jpg

Hmm, hard to say, if it is a Mimic, it must be a child or even an infant of the species as it is rather small.

After carefully opening its "mouth" area, we see it has this inside:

6W2XZmd.jpg

Hmm, still not sure, what looks to be a mouse, err, hamster, might just be its tongue!

0ayKaNK.jpg

After prying it out of the savage creatures mouth, we do see that it is in fact, a computer mouse, so I think it is safe to say that it is NOT a mimic.
"CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
Post edited by voiceoftemprus on

Comments

• Options
    voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And now, for our second subject:

T5ROLcN.jpg

Hmm, this one is about the right size and general shape but does not look like an actual treasure chest. Maybe the modern species of Mimic have adapted to our modern life style and look like boxes instead.

After carefully prying open this ones mouth, we see:

oKLb6Fz.jpg

Hmm, looks less and less like it could be a Mimic but can not be sure until I remove its innards.

R0AbddV.jpg

This does seem to be an actual G19 keyboard, though it is wrapped in some kind of strange material with even stranger writings upon it. My assistant swears it is "just a bag" and claims that the inscription says:

Temprus -
    Thanks for being a part of our community!
    Sominator and the Neverwinter Team :)

I find this hard to believe as so many seem to covet such as this, this "bag". I suspect finding the truth of this matter will require greater minds than mine to complete. I still fear that this one might be a Mimic!

Thanks Som and Team for these great prizes from participating in the NWO Adventure Hour!
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    woo hoo, congrats! just got my G510 bag last week. there was a bag within the box within the bag if you can believe it. the keyboard is nice, too. XD
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nope still might be a mimic, sleep with both eyes open, never know what might happen.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Congrats man.
  • Options
    chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    how did you get this from neverwinter? (im guesisng)
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Try ever chest out! More as a mimic it can be! And fighting a mimic is every time worth it! ^^ Never leave a chest unopen Team Fenceban
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Someone send this man a mimic!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    how did you get this from neverwinter? (im guesisng)
    Several times a month, Sominator (and sometimes other PWE/Cryptic staff) host streaming events at: http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/ Som will announce when the next event is coming here on the forums and Twitter (maybe other places too). During past events, give-away rewards for watching have included such items as: keyboards, mice, codes for special titles and the various "packs" such as the feywild or hunter ranger packs.

The mouse was a prize I won during a Thanksgiving week show, the keyboard came today from a more recent Adventure Hour giveaway.
    sominator wrote: »
    I have a few Mimics, well, my characters do.
  • Options
    zamerizameri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited January 2014

Som, contrary to popular belief, Mimics are not allowed to be mailed.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hmm, you know what, I did not think of that before, a Mimic probably would not live through the plane ride out here from PWE Central, though, the Winter Event ones might have a chance.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hmm...let's test this theory...
    zameri wrote: »
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Tested and proven, but that may be because he ate the mailman.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Unbound Winter Festival Mimics can be mailed, at least in-game. ;)
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    you got to make sure their mouths are secured shut or put them in a normal packing box with enough catfood to sustain them. be sure to poke holes in the box.
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited January 2014
    I got that mouse, the batteries last foreverrrrr. A bit on the heavy side but nice mouse overall.
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    woo hoo, congrats! just got my G510 bag last week. there was a bag within the box within the bag if you can believe it. the keyboard is nice, too. XD
    The reason contests normally make employees/relatives/community mods etc ineligible to win stuff is to prevent the appearance of impropriety.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    I got that mouse, the batteries last foreverrrrr. A bit on the heavy side but nice mouse overall.

I'll have to remember that when I need a new mouse, I have a disabilty and a heavier mouse is easier for me to control at times.
  • Options
    vengefulfuryvengefulfury Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why is the box so **** big?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I would assume it was left over from wherever they received it from, the box was about the size to perfectly hold 6 or so of them. If I had the space to do it, I had mused the idea ofconverting it into a life-sized model of a Mimic but the roomies nixed it.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    zameri wrote: »

Oh yes they can! I had to save Valindra from being digested.

20130903_144402_zps28ecacf4.jpg
    WholeThing_zpsc772c76e.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    snip

What is that box set?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    What is that box set?

It is the Noble chest.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »

Ah cool, to bad it's not directly on sale though it looks nice.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I knew those things had the statue, art book and in-game stuff plus the locking box itself but I did not realize they had a map too. :eek: Now I am jealous and covetous beyond belief.
  • Options
    radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OMG! I am such a suck for collecting everything and anything RPG (especially D&D), I did not even know this box set existed, I am so wanting and Now my OCD collecting bug is going off the scale!!! At least now I have something to search for besides the Forums in my spare time.

That chest box would look so good next to my Zelda Prima Chest Hint Guide Book Collection.................and of course another thing for my wife to say I have wayyyyy too much?? LOL!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    We'll give more away on the Adventure Hour. Remind me!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Quick question - the cleric on the cover - is she the same as from the intro cinematic? I thought in that Knox called her 'Clara' or something, but her name is Celeste in Shadowmantle...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    She is the same, and no, Knox only called her "Cleric" in the intro. The Dread ring is really the first time anyone gets a proper introduction to both Celeste and Xuna.
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Mimics are a huge problem for the postal service. Lost employees and mail. I always miss the live events. Congrats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    We'll give more away on the Adventure Hour. Remind me!

That would be EPIC!

Next time you need to send gauntlets with it, though. It tried to bite my finger!