test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thinking of returning to Neverwinter.

hellsmachinehellsmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I played NW during launch, liked the game, but stopped because of many issues with the game. My main problems with the game was the very high cost to respec (Not here to debate this) and PVP balance (or lack there of). I'm thinking of returning to NW, so I have two questions.

1. Has the cost to respec come down at all?

2. How is balance PVP wise?
Post edited by hellsmachine on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Also have they added many new PVP maps? The same two maps got old very fast...
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You'll get the same response as everyone else with these kind of thread. Try it yourself.

1. The prices on respect have not change so if you got a raise in the past 9 months they are cheaper to you.

2. Like with every mmo balance is in constant state of flux. Classes rise and fall on the over/under powerness spectrum and true balance is like absolute zero.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    there have been a couple of free respecs since you left, so you should have one freebie. Module 3 is going be a big PvP update.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    1. The prices on respect have not change so if you got a raise in the past 9 months they are cheaper to you.

Actually, it has changed. It was 500 zen at launch, its been lowered to 300 zen now. Also the cost to respec just feats, rather then a full respec, has also been lowered dramatically to a little over 70k AD at level 60, It was previously over 200k.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I played NW during launch, liked the game, but stopped because of many issues with the game. My main problems with the game was the very high cost to respec (Not here to debate this) and PVP balance (or lack there of). I'm thinking of returning to NW, so I have two questions.

1. Has the cost to respec come down at all?

2. How is balance PVP wise?

1. The price has come down. Also, if you have old characters you should get a free feat respec (since ranger was added)

2. That depends on who you ask. My experience is 5 of 10 matches are lopsided wins or loses and 5 are within 200.

Not sure of when you stopped playing but Gauntlegrym is a whole different pvp game than domination. Pvp is becoming a big focus and changes are coming soon. I think this is a great time to (re)start playing NWO.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I could be wrong but if he hasn't played since beta he has at least 1 free respect and if he's a GWF or DC it was a forced respect so in that sense, yes, its cheaper for him to respect at the moment but also the zen cost has gone down.

As for balance, I find that its more of an opinion so he'd just have to give it a shot and see if its what he wanted. While the classes tend to be pretty much balanced on the well geared players, the match making system for PvP domination still can feel absurdly unbalanced depending on what you get matched up against. For example, well geared premade vs well gear premade, pretty good balance. Well geared premade vs fresh 60 blue geared PUGS.....not so much.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    That sounds quite promising, when I was playing at launch only 3 classes were viable in PvP. TR CW and cleric. Is this still the case?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That sounds quite promising, when I was playing at launch only 3 classes were viable in PvP. TR CW and cleric. Is this still the case?

Oddly enough unless in a pre-made those classes are now some of the weakest in non-premades matches. CW and DC are still be far the most desired classes in PvE although.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    . . . Please do browse the forums and check out the game for one's self to find the answers you seek and discuss pertinent topics in related threads on subject material you wish to find out about. There's been far too many changes, additions, and updates to the game to cover them in one post or substantially in one thread. Threads like these are treated just like the "I quit" threads, in that they generally do not promote Community-Building and instead provide an avenue for flaming, ranting, and trolling.
This discussion has been closed.