test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Fastest Way to Daily

xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Library
Ok so discussing the different builds has me wondering, Besides taking the two feats for AP gain "controlling action" and "critical power", what is the fastest way to achieve daily or max (AP) gain?

Any suggestions? If you took the two feats above, I am assuming you need to slot as many control powers as possible.

Thanks!

StevenX
Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
Post edited by xcessiveforce40 on

Comments

• pyrates313pyrates313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think there is a companion that gives you % AP gain, not sure though.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That would be the Sprite, a purple Zen companion.

Sun Elf race also has +2% AP Gain and you'll want the Elven Haste Boon (another +2%) from the Sharandar Campaign as well.

And don't forget, CW builds AP by dealing damage so more damage improves your AP gain.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Controlling Action is not a recommended feat.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why would it not be recommended? I assume that means for "top dps" its not recommended. However when you think about a CW, you need some actual "control".. Yes dead mobs are best but building AP to pop sing every 15 to 20 seconds must have some value as well. I think I may be looking for that "balance" or middle ground. With a group of peers on PK, i can get anywhere from 5.3 to 6.5 mil dps with perfect vorp. I wouldn't mind losing a bit of that dps to be able to hit the daily more often. I need to try out CN and VT before I respec to see what others are using on end game stuff. I'm patient so its not a big deal.
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • borken69borken69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited January 2014
    And don't forget, CW builds AP by dealing damage so more damage improves your AP gain.

AP gen is per skill and not based on the damage you deal (confusing tooltip, I know). You'll get the same AP from a 10k shard as a 100k shard.
    Why would it not be recommended? I assume that means for "top dps" its not recommended. However when you think about a CW, you need some actual "control".. Yes dead mobs are best but building AP to pop sing every 15 to 20 seconds must have some value as well. I think I may be looking for that "balance" or middle ground. With a group of peers on PK, i can get anywhere from 5.3 to 6.5 mil dps with perfect vorp. I wouldn't mind losing a bit of that dps to be able to hit the daily more often. I need to try out CN and VT before I respec to see what others are using on end game stuff. I'm patient so its not a big deal.

Controlling Action stacks multiplicatively; you won't get anywhere near the 10% faster AP gen you think you're getting, even if it did have 100% up time. It's a waste of 5 points that could be spent increasing your damage.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also, sometimes people forget that more Singularities aren't necessarily that much better. There's little point to spamming Sings when enemies are already happy to hug each other for you and aren't prone to roaming about. Throwing out a Singularity every 15-20 seconds would actually make fights take longer by lifting enemies out of reach of Sudden Storms and Shards.

I usually reserve Singularity either as an opener or as a battlefield clean-up tool to make tidy if the mobs roam or get dispersed. If everything absolutely must be stunned at once or everything is low on health, then it's Oppressive Force. Either way AP generation is easy enough as a CW that I don't feel the need to actually try to spec for it.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    @barken69: *snip edit* (big mistake from my-self here)
    but we search the best Daily uptime here.

@Vorphied: Furious Immolation is a lot better here as it do more damage

Question :
    Rimefire do Cold damage.
    Is it damage increase like other cold spell ?
    Is it considered as Smolder for MoF feat ?
    Is it considered as Fire for Combustive Action's debuff ?
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nathyiel wrote: »
    @Vorphied: Furious Immolation is a lot better here as it do more damage

Furious Immolation's smaller target cap and only slightly better damage don't make a great case for it. Singularity at least keeps targets grouped together longer and also has a brief stun built into its climax, whereas FI only disables if you invest feat points for it.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vorphied wrote: »
    Furious Immolation's smaller target cap and only slightly better damage don't make a great case for it. Singularity at least keeps targets grouped together longer and also has a brief stun built into its climax, whereas FI only disables if you invest feat points for it.

It's a general problem with Daily.
    Singularity have the best and longer control for nearly the same damage.
    It have the greatest number of target affected, and by far.

I found Furious Immolation useful because it's quick, don't lock Shard and put Smolder.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    borken69 wrote: »
    AP gen is per skill and not based on the damage you deal (confusing tooltip, I know). You'll get the same AP from a 10k shard as a 100k shard.

Not true if that 100k shard is a crit (which it almost certainly would be). Crits typically double AP gain.
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok so i re-spec'd and took both of the feats i had talked about. Combining Entangling force with steal time is generating daily within 15 seconds or so. Its not as much dps but trolling for speed PK runs or mob grinds and its amazing. With perf vorp your eating through them quickly. I may change out for perfect terror if I run with a group that already had perf vorps to be a "team" player.
  • borken69borken69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited January 2014
    fondlez wrote: »
    Not true if that 100k shard is a crit (which it almost certainly would be). Crits typically double AP gain.

Are you thinking of having Critical Power feated? I don't think that happens otherwise, I just went to check on the training dummies and I got the same AP on crits and non-crits.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    borken69 wrote: »
    Are you thinking of having Critical Power feated? I don't think that happens otherwise, I just went to check on the training dummies and I got the same AP on crits and non-crits.

Yes, you are right. I have had the feat so long it is easy to forget its there!
  • sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok so discussing the different builds has me wondering, Besides taking the two feats for AP gain "controlling action" and "critical power", what is the fastest way to achieve daily or max (AP) gain?

Any suggestions? If you took the two feats above, I am assuming you need to slot as many control powers as possible.

Thanks!

StevenX

to maximise the output, try Oppressor or hybrid Oppressor/Renegade build empowered with Archmage set. I once saw such a wizard soloing the spellplague (except for bosses).