test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costumes

logsiluvu1logsiluvu1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
This game needs more costumes!

Not implying that all costumes in the game now are bad, the Thayan Patrician set looks <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, while the Feywild set looks like a joke.

I for one would like to see something like a Chef set with the apron and hat or a set which looks like a Dinosaur.
(Crazy ideas, but still.)

Share your ideas as well and hopefully the devs see them somehow and implement them in future!
Post edited by logsiluvu1 on

Comments

• elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The cynic in me knows they would be glad to add more fashion items for people to buy, and that would be fine, but only if I get a 'show weapons' toggle.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I took a regular dress, and changed the skirt with pants. The result was pretty nice. :) I do wish we had more things to combine, though. I've only found a single pair of pants, and very few shirts or jackets. Then again, I really, really do not want more male dwarves in dresses with a bag with books on their back charing into combt. Thanks for tht, LotRO. :p

21nqds0.png2
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yeah I want less fru fru clothing simple tunics pants and a cloaks, craftsmen and tradesmen garb etc. They could make a mint providing this, they are missing so much low hanging fruit that the customers would snatch up.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Id be happy for those nifty new pirate boots and pants, only without the peg leg.

That should be an easy start.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Id be happy for those nifty new pirate boots and pants, only without the peg leg.

That should be an easy start.

Maybe a shirt to go with it. Something with a nice sash.

But storm's ideas are good too.
    edited January 2014
    The developers just seem to want to go down the wow route of fashion that fru fur mask garb that inane metal tank mount it's just not D&D or forgotten realms.

The Realms especially with D&D next is going more dark age, the developers need to stop with the hipster WoW track and actually pick up a FR source book and read it
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The apperatus is very much d&d. Its always been a quirky magic item from as far back as edition 2. The real problem is the vast quantity of them. Something hard to limit in an MMO. But to me, its like seeing everyone with a hand of Vecna.
    edited January 2014
    The apperatus is very much d&d. Its always been a quirky magic item from as far back as edition 2. The real problem is the vast quantity of them. Something hard to limit in an MMO. But to me, its like seeing everyone with a hand of Vecna.

well exactly and that is why it was a really bad decision to make it a mount of course I think everyone having Andahar is an equally bad decision. If you want to allow mounts like that great but they need to be exceedingly hard to come by
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014

The pants are awesome. But I'm not going to bother buying them because the peg leg doesn't appeal to me personally. At all.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bevynbevyn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6
    edited January 2014
    I agree. There isn't enough diversity in armor appearance or clothing. And I am not overly impressed by the low level CW "robes" for females. Realy "daisey dukes" as a "robe".... I think not!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't know.
    It seems to be improving slowly but surely.
    I can now come up with some reasonably cool themed characters like Epic Beard The Pirate here:
    screenshot_2014-01-24-20-55-40_zps3e50fd0f.jpg

And I've seen some MUCH cooler looking characters than that in high LvL PvP and the two Module Zones.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time