test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elf's PvP Life Saver Theory <Welcome to be a Elite DC>

jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Temple
THIS GUIDE FOCUSED ON TEMP HP AND IS OUTDATED DUE TO HEALING DEPRESSION, PLS USE MY NEWER VERSION GUIDE INSTEAD

1.0 Introduction

We know there are four main roles of DC in pvp, which are
1. DPS
2. Tank/Backcapper/Defender
3. Buff/Debuffer
4. Healer

The first role was introduced since beta (Deistic Critical and Gctrl Dps Burst) and it mainly use HoF, Daunting Light, Chains and Divine Glow to deal max damage. Unfortunately, they are glass cannon, and the team usually not require their DC to dps but instead use HW and AS to keep them alive.

The second role shines when Gctrl share his build, thinking out of the box to max dex and con instead our primary stats. It is a good build until we are nicked by the others, "The Immortal DC community", then someone crying for nerfs, thats where our Dread boon Shadowtouched and Healing Depression comes from.

Third role was largely used when AC paragon jumps in. Many buffing skill and debuffing skills along with HP set helps to kill or burst down a target faster.

Forth role which i am using, heal allies when they are damaged and save their lives. This part is divided into 2 parts.
a) <Temp hp>
b) <Real hp>
Each part focused on different part of healing, one shines out of combat, another shines in combat. There are two types of healing too, which is Burst heal and HoT.

<Temp hp>:
As stated in name, temp hp is temporary. If you or your target is out of combat even for 0.01 sec the temp hp will disappear, so kindly mind to turn your back and back-jump-hit your enemy to stay in combat, or else your hard built temp hp bank will go away, leaving you with a little short real hp bar. Keep in mind all skills, passives, feats and items that grant temp hp is counted as burst heal.

Protips:
1. Never directly use Divine Armor on allies far away, it will be wasted 99% the time (or missed target when not holding lock button), better to hit the enemy near you ally before you cast it so your Divine Armor temp hp will not disappear after you cast it.
2. Never use DA on self when you are running away. My personal experience is when i was far away enough from a HR and my DA suddenly disappear! The HR lucky-sniped me off with his at-will...
2. Never overpump temp hp on allies as it will replace real hp of theirs. For example if you pump temp hp via AHS and the 1.5k-2k temp hp fills the last bar of ally's hp, if you 2 are out of combat the temp hp will disappear immediately so he is a little hp short.
3. Always spam cast-tab SB with AHS when GWF and GF near you, tank is your best friend and their feats works better with a little temp hp on them.

<Real hp>
As stated, real hp or green hp heals means the hp you have in any situation, both in combat or not.

Currently, it is a fact that HoT heals more than Burst Heal but the problem is whether our target can wait till whole HoT gives out its heal?? No, usually it cant. It is a common fact that burst heals can save an ally more effectively than "slow but great healing" HW/FF ticks. Astral Shield gives small HoT too but the interval is so short, it shines when target is at 50% hp as it recover a lot hp but lack of ability to negate a red hp ally's death. A cleric who master the art of healing by coupling real hp and temp heals, maintaining high burst heals in combat will grant his allies immortality in battle.

1.1 Skills discussion
We will discuss our skills here. I will list out all the skill with Restoring abilities.
Encounters:
1. Sunburst
a) Shortest cd.
b) 5x chance to get a crit.
c) Delayed animation (can cast-tab).
d) Burst Heal.
e) Always proc healing feats.

2. Healing Word
a) 3 charges
b) HoT
c) 3 sec cd
d) Burst heal in DM (Divine mode)
e) cannot cast when target is locked via ctrl (but can with other UI)

3. Exaltation
a) Longest cd
b) in DM grants 2 sec immunity and small HoT
c) Burst Heal

4. Astral Shield
a) Longest cd
b) Grants 24% DR to allies in circle
c) In DM, Regen all allies include self without righteousness.

5. Break the Spirit
a) shortest cd
b) damage debuff in single target, shines in 1v1 or 2v2 situations
c) in DM, briefly stun the target and slow for short period

6. Forgemaster's Flame
a) medium cd
b) heavily slow the target
c) in DM, greatly heals allies around.
d) HoT
e) without Righteousness.

7. Chains
a) medium cd
b) root effect (cc)
c) can last for 15 sec when maxed and can place at entrance of node and wait any prey accidentally step into it.
d) in DM, insta-root enemies

* BTS and Chains although not powers that restores HP or grants immunity, but they can crowd control or reduce damage taken by allies.

At-will:
1. Sacred Flame
a) Fastest casting animation
b) Greatest Divinity gain
c) The only At-will that gives temp HP

2. Astral Seal
a) Life Steal buff
b) Can trigger all healing feats and boons (Burning Guidance)
c) Slower casting animation
d) Low Divinity Gain

Daily:
1. Guardian of Faith
a) little Burst Heal
b) fast prone (cc)
c) easy to target

2. Feated Hallowed Ground
a) Restores 25% HP
b) Great passive buff and heals in a big area
c) BIS for pvp healer

3. Divine Armor
a) Burst Heal
b) Temp HP
c) DR buff

4. Anointed Army
a) cc + damage immune buff for 3 hits
b) When feated returns 5% HP and 5% AP when it ends
c) proc cleanse when feated
d) great power buff
e) Burst Heal

Class Feature:
1. Divine Fortune
a) Help to generate Divinity with non-damaging spells

2. Anointed Holy Symbol
a) gives temp hp with divinity encounters and delayed encounters
b) list of delayed encounters: SB, DL, Chains, SL, BoH
c) Shines with DC delayed cast-tab mechanics
d) Burst Heal

3. Healer's Lore
a) 15% bonus healing
b) 5% more when feated

1.3 Gear, Stat, Feat & Ability rolls
a99JZqvl.jpg?3
For cleric more towards sent i recommend to take Vital Parry Blues (NOT FAITHFUL!!!!) with minimum 4 R7 azures and 5 R7 Radiant. For healers like me, take any virtuous set.
Note*: Grim Virtuous weapon has wrong stat, avoid taking it.

Reason Vital Parry better than Profound Faithful as a sent item:
HcqkC5Il.jpg?1
Angelic Gauntlets can be reused if you discard set effect and go for maximum tankiness.

For item stats, get as tankier u can while keep some potential healing abilities. *Rmb: a dead cleric gives no heal. Defensive stat priority goings from HP> Deflect> Defense. Get at least 33% crit chance + vorpal if u want to play as a good healer, while 25% is sufficient for sent cleric.

Highest Wis and Con for u (either to get 26 wis then rest into con or 20 con then rest into wis)

Some note and reminder here:
1) Burning Guidance/ Briatwine doesn't proc High prophet debuff nor weapon enchant eff.
2) Exaltation and Anointed Army immunity is ignored by Shocking Execution.
3) The guy with Healing Depression receives 50% lesser heal. If you got HD but you ally doesn't, you heal full amount on them. If you got none but they gt HD, they receive half the heal amount from u.
4) HD cannot be cleansed.
5) Never relying on sunburst too much, control eff is resisted or not doesn't worth a pip of divinity to gamble with.
6) Chains will miss often, it is a bug.
7) Better spec into faithful if you still want to play as a dedicated healer, not sent tank, dpser or debuffer.

If you have any question to ask or goodd points to suggest, just leave a comment here, thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like divine armor better, because of the synergy with deepstone blessing. Interesting build but a bit obvious. Even Astral shield can save your *** because of the mitigation. A good old sunbrurst, healing word, astral shield/sacred flame, astral seal/divine fortune, whatever/divine armor works fine if you want to keep others alive (although you may only do this only). That's exactly the spells i'm using fighting valindra, so why not players?
  • Options
    pippipoppippipop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    FYI Cast-Tab has been fixed on PTR

I use ASeal with power of oppression for 5% less dmg. BoB is only good if your teammates stay close to you, since the range is small. Honestly you can never go wrong with AS - never mind the heal, but 30% dmg mitigation is a lot + it's ranged. Often I'll stay on node to cap while my teammates fight off node, so I need ranged spells to still be able to contribute to the match. As ACDC I find myself using non-divine AS much more for the mitigation and EX + div HW for burst healing.

Also I wouldn't underestimate the CC both CWs and HR brings to a match - you save their lives and they'll save yours..
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    pippipop wrote: »
    Also I wouldn't underestimate the CC both CWs and HR brings to a match - you save their lives and they'll save yours..

If only a cw or hr beside me then i will 100% save him, but if a tank is there and he is tanking 3 or more while one of the enemy get our cw... ops sry for him... you get what i mean? Tank must stay, dps bye bye.

Cast-tab is fixed for Linked Spirit only. AHS still apply with cast tab. After the patch then i will remove LS from my feat.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yes, I get it. However tanks go down a lot slower than squishy CWs so I usually try to focus my healing on them, while maintaining the tanks with either HW or soothing. Also an ok CW + DC can clear a node with 3-4 enemies as long as the CW stays alive.

I got LS too at the moment and need a respec as well. Didn't know it didn't affect AHS though, so thanks for that tip.

SB: core of this build. 8sec+ cd. While Cast-tab can activate AHS, Rising Hope and Linked Spirit. Combined with Repurpose Soul and AHS can really give a great burst heal.

How much healing do you get from Sunburst with AHS and Repurpose soul?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    pippipop wrote: »
    How much healing do you get from Sunburst with AHS and Repurpose soul?

If crit, 3.5k SB + 2.5k repurpose soul + roughly 1.5k temp hp from AHS. High enough? (if SB near 2k base heal)
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd go more for divine fortune, annointed holy symbol only works for divine casts and it's hard to get enough divin to do two divine casts (sunburst/as) on top of using soothing light. Divinity is the largest part of keeping your team up in pvp
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    If crit, 3.5k SB + 2.5k repurpose soul + roughly 1.5k temp hp from AHS. High enough? (if SB near 2k base heal)

Not bad :)

lazuree wrote: »
    I'd go more for divine fortune, annointed holy symbol only works for divine casts and it's hard to get enough divin to do two divine casts (sunburst/as) on top of using soothing light. Divinity is the largest part of keeping your team up in pvp

He's got divine fortune but uses AHS instead of Anointed Armor..
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ah sorry kinda skimmed was in a hurry >.<
    I don't think I'd be able to live w/o annointed armor; Brave individual:)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Im not even using Healing Step, currently using buffing feats (10,10,11). Thats why i said this is feat irrelevant, any choice of build can use this (I use HP set)... still can 1v1 a normal TR and kill him but if he is BIS gear with p.vorpal i am dead. Tried yesterday... i can 1v1 a cw but still lose to a well-geared good TR, that was 16k crit and i was 0.5 sec late to cast my div exaltation, i took the damage and only my shield pop up... wasted... Still in training atm) If you can avoid great damage by running away and time your divine Exlatation, you don't need Astral Shield.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ah sorry kinda skimmed was in a hurry >.<
    I don't think I'd be able to live w/o annointed armor; Brave individual:)

Just try without it and time your dodge, if you can draw the aggro and survive, your other teammate will not be focused in the meantime. I tried this type of build to sacrifice my defensive ability to whole team powers since december, and it works!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    if you go against something like 2 cw's though one of them will surely get you and icy rays roots:(
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    if you go against something like 2 cw's though one of them will surely get you and icy rays roots:(

Yeah, thats why i never stay alone like others node capping sent DC. At least stay with one or two allies or run away when many enemies swarm to you.
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I love forgmaster flame in pvp
    the slow on target is great, even fast TR cant escape after one
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Edit#2 updated
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Edit#2 updated
    I believe strongly your race theory is only valid for Pure PvP build likes. I am not going to argument what race is best if talking about only PvP aspect but for Hybrid absolutely not best.

However this thread was about PvP. I use Astral Shield with both my Clerics. While it can be interrupted if you have good reactions strafe away from Danger. Example you see red area on you strafe away or a Rogue is jumping on you strafe away and then cast AS. We had a test in driving license school. They tested our reaction time. A normal human have reaction time between 0.5-1.5 seconds and I had according to test best in class of 10 people taking driver license and my reaction time was 0.5 seconds. Good reaction time did help also in defence in real martial arts in my past however nowadays I only do gym and swimming halls during winter time.

Anyway if you have slower reaction time say 1 second or more or are simply tired and stressed then ok yes in that case might be Astral shield is not the best choice. Finally both my builds are Divine Oracle and not AC.

I am not an expert what is best to use as an AC Cleric. I am neither stating Divine Oracle is better then AC and I believe it is subjective taste what you like.

EDIT 2: When I say reaction time I don't mean how fast you notice something. I mean how fast you react and can do a simple move in my case use car break in driving license school test for reaction time that we had.
  • Options
    trytonxyztrytonxyz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ***Note you have more ability points than the others, 77 points while the other rolls have lesser. The biggest killer of DC is unlimited prone chain and knock back from GF and GWF and some iceknife from cw. TR have nothing unless daze if you cast immunity shell on your self. HR... well since its pulling effect is counted as cc but not knock back... If you hate it then go halfling but i hate gwf and gf more than them.

nice and thank you but : aren't prone and knock back counted as cc effects?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    1. They are cc effects. CC effects are seperated into different categories, prone and knock backs are two of those.
    2. Dwarf race resists 20% more from prone and knock back but 0% from daze, root etc. If you scared HR, pick halfling.

I currently recommend ppl to take the 77 points ability rolls with con/dex halfling now. It is 1% less AP gain, 0.5% lesser deflect chance but 4% more HP in comparison to Gctrl's. Last time we have no artifacts and Anointed Armor but now we have, so 0.5% deflect points is not as superior as 4% HP as deflect is much more easier to stack, unless you want a 33% deflect and use sharandar deflect boon.

BUT if the new pvp system comes out, then just go HP stacking, ppl just cant burst down you so there is not much spike damage to be deflected, longer HP bar will help more and take note, tenacity is boosting our defense ability too, but not boosting our HP. HP becomes a harder stat to stack, especially over 30k.

My items are bad, still cannot reach 12k gs gap in pvp as i only use T1 HP set + some deflect epics + rank 5 silvers, but i still can perform well in pvp. I at least can fight some elites with 13-15k gs from pvp guilds and do healing as my main job. Played some games with 2 gwfs from EoA and pvp players from exodus and enemy team just now, win. With sent gwf (EoA) verses perma stealth tr (EoA), lose by 100+ with 30 min+ play time.... Damm... i should go righteous and blue regens, if i am not using my buffing AC feats, i will do better... 1 kill, 9 deaths 30+ assists, their DC 2 kills, near 20 deaths (maybe more), 20+ assists. Oh yeah~~ btw i need a way to prevent from dying after my soulforged and bloodraven in cd, any suggestion??
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    so possible rolls for halfling and dwarf, and u prefer?

dwarf

STR CON DEX INT ROZ CHA
    15 11 10 12 15 13 76
    18 18 12 14 22 16
    18 18 12 14 20 18

14 12 11 12 15 13 77
    16 20 14 14 20 17
    16 20 14 14 21 16

13 11 10 12 15 15 76
    16 18 12 14 22 18
    16 18 12 14 20 20

Halfling

STR CON DEX INT ROZ CHA
    15 11 10 12 15 13 76
    18 18 16 14 18 16

14 12 11 12 15 13 77
    16 20 16 14 18 15

13 11 10 12 15 15 76
    16 18 16 14 18 18
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    trytonxyz wrote: »
    so possible rolls for halfling and dwarf, and u prefer?

dwarf

STR CON DEX INT ROZ CHA
    15 11 10 12 15 13 76
    18 18 12 14 22 16
    18 18 12 14 20 18

14 12 11 12 15 13 77
    16 20 14 14 20 17
    16 20 14 14 21 16

13 11 10 12 15 15 76
    16 18 12 14 22 18
    16 18 12 14 20 20

Halfling

STR CON DEX INT ROZ CHA
    15 11 10 12 15 13 76
    18 18 16 14 18 16

14 12 11 12 15 13 77
    16 20 16 14 20 15

13 11 10 12 15 15 76
    16 18 16 14 18 18

I don't know what you are saying but if you say my choice...

str 13 wis 15 cha 14 int 12 con 12 dex 11 total 77 (my suggestion on both dwarf and halfling)
    OR
    str 13 wis 15 cha 15 int 11 con 10 dex 12 total 76 (Gctrl's)
  • Options
    raist718raist718 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Know this is not about gear, but what weapon enhancement do you use in pvp?
    Wake | Halfling | DC/DO
    Raist Torilrocker | Dwarf | DC/AC

Waterdeep Dungeon & Salvage LLC
    Twitch
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    BUT if the new pvp system comes out, then just go HP stacking, ppl just cant burst down you so there is not much spike damage to be deflected, longer HP bar will help more and take note, tenacity is boosting our defense ability too, but not boosting our HP. HP becomes a harder stat to stack, especially over 30k.
    Now I have read what changes are coming and sadly it makes PvP harder for Clerics.
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not harder, impractical. Clerics are potentially harder to kill along with everything else, but the classes that already have builds that are difficult to take down (GWFS and perma-stealth TRs) are now ridiculously harder to kill. The way battles went everyone else was x kills/y deaths while several GWFs/TRs were x kills/0 deaths.

It's all preview though. Nothing there is final, there's no point jumping to conclusions unless we're only discussing preview.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    raist718 wrote: »
    Know this is not about gear, but what weapon enhancement do you use in pvp?

Lesser plaguefire, even a cheap lesser version can help you to dismount or prevent target from getting on mount. Last time i use feytouched but it is not so good as a lesser version. Go plague fire!! And it is easier to upgrade, greater is the max rank!!

Now i am working (not free) but in a week i will erase all thing in the first post and make a more tidy guide and discussion. See ya~~
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    thats good news

i got dwarf actualy with no points distributed:

initial roll (with racials)

STR CON DEX INT ROZ CHA
    13 13 10 12 17 15

final possibilities:

18 18 12 14 20 18
    16 18 12 14 22 18
    16 18 12 14 20 20

what would u suggest?

also about feats:

greater fortune 3/3
    toughness 3/3
    holy resolve 3/3
    domain synergy 3/3
    repurpose soul 3/3
    cleance 1/3
    bountiful fortune 4/5

rising hope 1/5

deepstone blessing 5/5
    prestigious exaltation OR linked spirit 4/5

divine adventage 5/5
    r r of Tempus 5/5
    etheral boon 5/5
    healing step 5/5
    sj 1/1
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    All points into con/dex will be better, if you are new character without resources, roll a new one with best race and stat.
    Cleanse 3/3 Bountiful Fortune 2/5. Paragon feats if you at least had taken healing step and deepstone blessing, then the rest is your choice. Healing step is a very good feat to take but not a must, i didn't take it because i go buffing paragon feats, if you want to maximize your ability then take HS. A living DC is better than a dead DC, and i use HS as a gap closer ability, not to tank and cap the node. It is all about your playstyle, i even saw a dps glass cannon that can break through my allies defense and his kill ranked second, but he died a lot too.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    hmm

first post

The best race currently and for future is 20 Con/20 Wis/19 Cha Dwarf

now:

con/dex will be better

confused

im lookin for pvp endgame healing/surv
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Sorry, thanks for noticing, i had removed the "currently". Deflect in future is not as valuable as cc resist so i said wis is better than dex.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    so for the future dwarf build:

final pvp/surv stats:

STR CON DEX INT WIS CHA

18 18 12 14 20 18
    16 18 12 14 22 18 so with cc resist this should be best
    16 18 12 14 20 20

thats all possibilities I got with my char
  • Options
    raist718raist718 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Another gear question lol. Barkshield or soulforged for armor enhancement in pvp? Not really having the AD to buy both and test currently.
    Wake | Halfling | DC/DO
    Raist Torilrocker | Dwarf | DC/AC

Waterdeep Dungeon & Salvage LLC
    Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Barkshield is nothing to a TR and cw, soulforged is nothing against prone chain. But i still go lesser soulforged, if i am not proned then i can use my epic bloodraven.