test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unique buff for Deity.

sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Your choice of deity at character creation should provide a unique short term buff when you invoke.
Post edited by sirjesto on

Comments

• chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would like our choice of deity to play a larger role in the game. Having our buff(s) from invoiking be tied to our deity is one small way of doing that.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A few evil deity choices first.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would rather deity choice be a fluff option rather than having to have a best choice for min/maxers.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh lawdy, the cries there would be to allow people to reselect deity choice because Tyr gives you some rinky-dinky buff to power but Tymora only gives you recovery....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ive always thought this should be implemented somewhere along the line, that & allowing DC's to invoke without using altars etc

Sacrilegious? Never!
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Some future campaign should award deity-specific fashion outfits. Your character demonstrates his or her faith through the campaign and gets an Amaunatoran Outfit or Chauntean Outfit or whichever. No worries for the min-maxers, but something for the roleplayers and fashionistas. If a whole outfit is too much, then perhaps hats. "Module 3: Pilgrimage of Hats"
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    Some future campaign should award deity-specific fashion outfits. Your character demonstrates his or her faith through the campaign and gets an Amaunatoran Outfit or Chauntean Outfit or whichever. No worries for the min-maxers, but something for the roleplayers and fashionistas. If a whole outfit is too much, then perhaps hats. "Module 3: Pilgrimage of Hats"

I'm all for cosmetic and fluff items associated w/ your deity choice - but nothing that impacts your stats or actual character performance.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    two30 wrote: »

+16 this^^
    You can't have too many fashion items :)
    I'd also like to express my devotion to Sune.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Your choice of deity should be more than fluff, but as others have pointed out the min/maxers would run about and cry about how their character is now ruined because they chose the wrong god. The more malevolent deities should be introduced most certainly. I think the way to go with the influence of the deity is by limiting which companions and mounts a character can have. Also the choice of deity should have a greater impact on clerics. They should be granted a buff or a de-buff, in line with their deity, that they can use once per true 24 hour period. Some could be granted a once per day power that deals with the undead, either charming them or obliterating them in lieu of the buff/de-buff. Just some food for thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited January 2014
    I love this idea, personally. But...
    Oh lawdy, the cries there would be to allow people to reselect deity choice because Tyr gives you some rinky-dinky buff to power but Tymora only gives you recovery....

This is the fundamental problem with it.

Some non-mechanical differences would be pretty great though - especially if we got the chance to switch our allegiance to, say, Llolth or Gruumsh. (I was kinda disappointed I didn't get that option at the end of the half-orc questline...)