test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need Help With Spending Zen

expedientialexpediential Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I am a lvl 23 rogue trickster and i have 1500 zen to spend. I have already bought the zeth hound and i am not sure what the best use of 1500 zen would be for me. Please Help!
Post edited by expediential on

Comments

• Options
    jenisydejenisyde Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ioun Stone of Allure
    Jaylo
    Halfling - Devoted Cleric - Divine Oracle
    Neverwinter Tribunal
    <Genocidal Tendencies>
    www.genotendencies.enjin.com
  • Options
    chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ioun stone is arguably the best companion there is.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok ty vm for the advice.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . . I agree with the two comments about the Allure stone. If you're going to buy a companion for any character with Zen, I'd first get yourself an Ioun Stone of Allure, for sure. Then for other companions, check out their Active Bonuses for being in your active slots and find Purple Ones that best suit your character.

. . .For my lightening themed CW (my main character, 'Old Zeb'), I chose the Ioun Stone of Allure (ranked it to purple) as my Summoned Companion and for my four Active Companions, I got the Will-O'-Wisp and Sprite. The other two I use are the Viscious Dire Wolf (Guardian of the North Pack) and the Rust Monster (Rusted Locked Box, bought it off the AH though).

. . .All my other level 60's, except for my newest one, has an Ioun Stone of Allure at rank 25. The Ioun Stone of Might (Tarmalune Trade Bars) is also decent for melee types and the Cat (Wondrous Bazaar) is also good for casters. Because the Ioun Stone of Allure is a rank 25 companion when bought, it arguably makes the best choice for a passive summoned companion for any class.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok ty for the input
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Personally, I'd save that zen until you hit level 60 and the end-game starts. Then you'll get a better feel for what you really need.
    Also, during leveling, I find the healer companions to be the most useful (saves a bundle on healing potions).
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This ^

Save it for end game. Your level 23, you haven't even gotten to the paragon paths yet.
    From my experience with my TR, the Generic Cleric will suffice until 60.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I leveled my TR with an ion stone. I found it amazingly useful as I could throw lvl 60 gear on it, when I was level 5 and get HUGE boosts to output. There is also 0 chance of it aggro'ing AoEs or anything from enemies, giving me carte blanche for stealthing and killing.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OK ... let's assume I've got $20 worth of Zen, & I've not bought *anything* at all.

What should I buy first?
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A mount.

If you get a purple zen mount it unlocks account wide. So every character, present and future, will get one. All for a single price. If you intend to have more then a couple of characters mounts become the best investment you can make.

Beyond that you cant go wrong with an Ioun Stone companion. At the new reduced price, they are simply the best most useful pet for the money.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would wait for a 110% speed mount to go on sale. Other than that, probably ioun stone of allure.
  • Options
    rafa2306rafa2306 Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2014
    Get fashion, get the wedding atire, dye it black and pink and another fashion for when when you get bored.

Just kidding, though I did buy a fashion set already =D

I would start with a mount, but you got that covered, then the ioun stone and at least 1 greater bag of holding.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Mounts and Stone are your priorities. Then look at the Greater Bags of Holding (which do not Bind and you can switch from Character to Character as you need them). Saving some up for your Coalescent Wards may also be a good idea. Possibly even turn some into A.D. if you need some more stuff faster than you are earning A.D. (not my first choice, at least not much, but it CAN help, especially if you are having just TERRIBLE luck with Gear and Scrolls).
    Heck, if you suffer from Terminal Altaholism you may even want to consider a couple of Character Slots. Personally, I would wait until I needed them, but if you just KNOW that you biologically NEED at least 12 Characters at all times, then go ahead and get a couple if you have nothing better to spend your Zen on.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanx for the Zen advice, all :)
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Some more advice...

BEFORE you spend your Zen on companions in the Zen store -- check the Auction House prices. You may be able to get it for a lot less in Astral Diamonds based on the Zen:AD rate. I just picked up another companion that was 1000 zen in the zen store, off the AH I got it for about 600 zen.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you need help spending Zen send them my way I'll spend them for you :rolleyes:
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OP, you already have a T3 mount, so that's take care of. Since you already invested in the mount, I'd suggest buying at least 2 more character slots, (500 Zen per 2). Additionally, and if you are looking to stick around for a while, convert some of those Zen into Astral Diamonds, (ADs), and buy a bunch of green leadership workers, (called man at arms). They are rather cheap now, and in the long run, they'll help you earn back a lot more ADs than their initial purchase price... especially if you do make a few more characters.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    rafa2306rafa2306 Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2014
    Yeah I agree with character slot, i have 6, one for each class, you can play then to get to know a bit all classes and get them to lvl 11 to invoke.
  • Options
    jimdenjimden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    First off I agree with "zebular" on "get a stone", but bear with me a moment.

I came to NW from another D&D MMO, there my Cleric was top notch and I also had a superior Rogue. Beginning NW, I first built the Cleric. But the NW Cleric didn't play like the other.

So I next built a TR. OK this I was pleased with, and I had built up more reserve T-bars than Zen. When I could afford one I got a "Stone of Might". The TR was greatly improved with just this addition. Now L 60.

I built up another TR to correct little mistakes and YES, this TR was better than the first. I now had enough Zen to get a "Stone of Allure" and used it with the newer TR. Though TR "2" was better the new stone didn't seem to work as well with this TR, also L 60.

My point, each stone does something improving the character it is placed on. Look at the benefits each stone gives, see where your TR maybe lacking in one or more attributes then make the purchase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In my order of preference:

1 - Epic mount
    2 - Character slots
    3 - Leadership assets (converting Zen into AD and buying them in the AH). Man-at-arms are almost for free now.