test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Wizard's Tower NW-DOQO84CYR

rabbitfeverrabbitfever Member Posts: 31
edited January 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Hi, everyone! I just finished Part 1 of "The War of Powers" series (NWS-DB5FPJFWZ): "The Wizard's Tower" (NW-DOQO84CYR). Your quest as a courier is to make a special delivery to a wizard living inside a tower ;) But there is more to our story than dropping off a package. Find out what happens in "The Wizard's Tower" (NW-DOQO84CYR).

Made some little changes to allow players to use map travel.
Proud Member of "Scribes' Enclave" Foundry Guild
The War of Powers campaign.

Part 1: "The Wizard's Tower" NW-DOQO84CYR
Part 2: "The Lost Ghost " NW-DTXOTHE6I
Part 3: "The Vicar of Cyric" NW-DML9CT5A5
Part 4: "The Road to Ghazoth-Dar" NW-DTKMIEEDQ
Part 5: "The Amulet of Living Flame" NW-DASCPGPZM
Part 6: "Shadowskull Castle" NW-DAYFJEW2T
Post edited by rabbitfever on

Comments

• odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Odins "The Wizard's Tower" Review

Overall a very enjoyable experience, having such a dynamic character as that wizard in the bottle (I didn't take down his name sorry) makes for a very interesting character within your story.

The plot fits together nicely and leaves us asking many questions about whats going to happen next, I for one will be delighted to play through the next installment.

Some Notes:

Once you have accepted the quest from Ironhammer Ziggy and Gym still have notifiers above their heads once they have been talked to it should really go away.

Mark a point on the map for Seacrag Point, this will make it easier for people not really reading the text to see where they need to go.

Sadly the quest is not accepted for daily foundry yet.

4-5_Large_zps66ec9cae.png
  • rabbitfeverrabbitfever Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for your review. Did you hear any of the sound f/x clues i.e, monster roar and sound of moving rock. I test ran it two ago on a 'live' server sfx was missing. bug?

• mllebeanmllebean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    Happy to trade reviews with you. I’ll try to run your quest this weekend. My quest is a roughly 45 minute single person spoof adventure.

NW-DUTKDLBYI

Info and comments at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?326671-My-first-quest!-Kind-hearted-reviewers-wanted-)&p=4198891#post4198891

Oh and about the sound effects and music, I'm pretty sure that's a known bug for all Foundry quests at the moment. :(
  • odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for your review. Did you hear any of the sound f/x clues i.e, monster roar and sound of moving rock. I test ran it two ago on a 'live' server sfx was missing. bug?

I heard monster and some rock sfx coming from some rooms yes :).
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Placeable stand-alone sound FX/music (e.g. sound not attached to a specific object/visual FX) do not work in live foundry content. Also, background sound on outdoor maps does not work either. Patch notes suggest this will be fixed in the "big patch" coming "soon".
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
    edited July 2013
    bump bump :o

• feuygarfeuygar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hello Rabbitfever,

I very much enjoyed your quest. A very well put-together story with good visuals and special effects. Gave you 5*s.

I did come across what felt like an endless amount of typos, which once fixed will really help your story flow. Most of these were to do with the past tense ( adding ed to the end of the verb), so I've written how I think it should be below:

Throughout the story, each time I changed maps it said press F to go to the next map, in the foundry you can change this to the appropriate wording.

In order as the quest progresses:

A letter - the contents will be ruined, Yours truly
    Flag standard - was covered in blood
    Evil bottle - Figured it out yet, it happened to others, compared to me, for the last 1143 years, I have been passed, so I can get out
    Erimenes - must have happened, the wizard must be (says "is must")
    Mondankar's journal - execution, Rann is very pleased with me
    Intresting scroll = Interesting
    Erminies - shouldn't be allowed
    Dead body - interrupted her, blood stained letter, as we're not (not "where"), threatened, it attacked
    After soldiers fight - head to the next room, way is blocked, trapped down here
    Kalin - I hope you enjoyed

I hope you can review my quest also, it's a story adventure so I think you'll enjoy it.

422 - Yeenoghu's Bride

NW-DUMTEJ9KZ

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?411131-Proud-to-present-for-reviews-422-Yeenoghu-s-Bride
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for input everyone. Lots of fix had been made. Send me a private message if see any problems.

• bhindi1224bhindi1224 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The jumping at the end is ridiculous. With the lag I'm experiencing I've fallen at least 3 times all the way to the bottom. So I either have to wait until my internet isn't being shared or 'hope' i make it across. You might mention in the description that you will need platform jumping skills to finish this.
  • rarerafxrarerafx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i found it funny xD
    might be because my laptop isn't laggy at all
  • iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Tried it today with a friend and after 15-20 min or so, at last part when we had to run, i got stuck in a room with no way out, probably after my friend passed a checkpoint the path got blocked, only way out was to exit and abandon.
    Kinda wasted my time, maybe mark it as solo, it's not the first foundry mission i see bugging in multiplayer
  • machinator99machinator99 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yea the jumps kill it for me