test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion commands

chuckfindleychuckfindley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
I love all the different companions, but they are so stupid and annoying that the best ones are with augmentation like stones etc.. because companions like healer go through enemies or even attack them and aggro for no reason ... you can forget about sneaking around....the best part is when they jump into abyss and kill themselves.

So why not put ''at least'' 3 basic commands that you can order them like:

aggressive - attack anyone
defensive - attack only if you are attacked
passive - never attack...

I would add some more command like at what range they follow you: close up or medium or long range...
Post edited by chuckfindley on

Comments

• wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2014
    After using a stone for a while and switching to a green companion to level it I can't believe I even made it through the game. The stupid Mercenary was aggroing the entire map. *steps onto map* *mounts up and travels to first area with mobs* WITHER YOUR LIMBS I CUT YOU SLOW DIE!!!

I mean I one shot all these guys now but talk about aggro. I wouldn't be opposed to something like this, but the only time I won't be using my stone is to level up a new companion. The stone is just too good.
  • micconosmicconos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As a previous SWTOR player, I would really like to see something similar to companion control found in SWTOR... It's the best companion control interface/options I have ever seen in a MMO.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . . I'd also really enjoy more control over my summon companion, indeed! I really enjoy the control given to our Away Teams in Star Trek Online and if even a small fraction of that could be brought into Neverwinter, like just the three basic things mentioned in the OP of this thread, it would be most welcome for sure!
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And "body guard" mode - companions stay within 3 feet of owner.
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whenever I'm fighting an enemy the cleric companion likes to get behind it on the other side, usually "backing up" into another handful of creeps.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . I'd also really enjoy more control over my summon companion, indeed! I really enjoy the control given to our Away Teams in Star Trek Online and if even a small fraction of that could be brought into Neverwinter, like just the three basic things mentioned in the OP of this thread, it would be most welcome for sure!

Ditto this. The Combat Pets in Champions Online also have rudimentary controls (at the very least: the same as expressed by OP) Since Champions, Star Trek and Neverwinter are basically the same base game engine (with obviously heavy customization for each) - I should think this is not an impossibility.

I'm willing to bet real money it will be implemented...eventually. I'm not willing to wager a time-frame though. So my bet encompasses everything between a few months from now all the way through to the Neverwinter Tenth Anniversary Celebration.

~cough~
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There was a thread a few days ago started by a Moderator asking peoples ideas about companions and what kind they would like to see.
    I made up one and one of its Passive powers was Tether. It never strays too far.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead