test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loot roll disappears when multiple items awaiting rolls

theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Since patch, we have noticed 2 potentially unfair issues regarding loot rolling:

1. When there are multiple items on the screen awaiting rolls, when one of the items are awaiting for rolls it will disappear very shortly and you cannot bring back the roll screen. If someone was fast enough to roll on it they will get the item at timeout because the others effectively passed. IF item disappears before anyone rolls it will drop back on the ground but the first person to pick it up will get to keep it without having to re-roll. This can happen to any rollable item from greens to purples. If it's from a chest you have to all wait for item to drop before anyone else can interact with the chest.

2. When items are picked up in succession they are added to the TOP instead of BOTTOM of the roll queue. This means it can displace the item you roll and cause you to greed/need the wrong item.
Example- before module 2- someone picks up a shard then a purple, you roll for shard first then purple.
After module 2, the roll for shard emerges first, but is then displaced by roll for purple. You roll for purple then shard.

To combat this I recommend etiqutte mesures for parties to
-NOT combat loot during boss fights
-Pick up and roll one valuable item at a time to minimise confusion/'accidental' needing.
Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
Post edited by theosymphany on

Comments

• giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What I would really like is a new button that we can press that brings up the potential loot window, where we can choose from a list of all the loot that has been looted at our leisure and choose whether to need,greed,or,pass. This potential loot window could be attached to the X window damage meters or maybe we could press Z? Before leaving a dungeon or leaving the party, the window would pop up automatically, telling us to make our loot choices, top of the list would be rares, etc... etc...

This would still give us the satisfaction of beating on our loot pinatas while getting rid of that horrid loot scroll that can sometimes lead to unplayable moment
  • jksgsakfsodshgjksgsakfsodshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bump to agree with thread starter.

A lot of the problems that got noted while module 2 were on preview didnt get fixed before "live"...
    Silly management orders (i guess), listen to the developers when they think releases are ready for the live shard !
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Ugh, I am glad that someone tried to explain that, thanks theo!

I saw this happen in a dungeon yesterday, and a boss drop basically fell to the floor, even before people could even greed it. Luckily, it was a relaxed and honest group*, and unimportant loot- so no harm done. However, I can see that it would cause something akin to bloody revolution in some pressured groups full of angry teens.

* Three of us from the same guild, and a couple of very calm and courteous guys from the queue- sometimes you can be lucky with your randoms :)
  • raouldukedrgonzoraouldukedrgonzo Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This has been happening way way too much, losing blue marks is no joke... :(
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Had this happen to me today.

Was only a rank 4 enchant but it happened none the less.
  • k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    100% Back Theosymphany on this. I've had this happen 100 times in the past few days. It's easy enough to work around, but common enough that you have to always be on your toes. Sucks the fun right out of the game.
    Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
    [EX]Officer - Order of the Raven
  • rayfwrayfw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bump for great justice!

I wanted to start a new thread but I searched and found this existing complain(s),
    please bring back the previous loot pickup order roll table, as the one in module 2 is broken or bugged, which ever you want to call it.

As stated by Thread Starter;

1) multiple loot picked appears TOP instead of BOTTOM order, which always creates problem of wrongly select Need/Greed/Pass;
    2) if we slow at choosing the roll choice, if another window pops up, example the combat result after completing dungeon, the table will gone, and we considered auto-passed;
    3) this is another encounter, i.e., the item drop is for CW and only 1 CW is in team, and he chose to pass, the item roll table gone eventhough other partymember havent roll their choice, and then, when all people left the dungeon, the item dropped on ground, and the last person left can pick up (as it is autopassed to all rollers), this happened to me few times, and I was experiencing 2 out of 3 conditions,
    --allow me to rephrase;
    a) person whose the job specific item dropped, and he passed,
    b) person who didnt manage to roll ( the table gone)
    c) person who leave the last from that dungeon
    --My experience was b) and c), and I did manage to pick up the item after all other party member gone out.

Please fix this, thank you so much for reading,
    forgive me for my english , as it is not my primary language,
    again, thanks.

IGN;
    Suria - halfling DC (main)
    El Suria Farisi - human CW (alt)
    elray - human DC (failed)
  • crazyjesusopcrazyjesusop Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    2. When items are picked up in succession they are added to the TOP instead of BOTTOM of the roll queue. This means it can displace the item you roll and cause you to greed/need the wrong item.

I can't even begin to describe all the rage about this.
    What I'm really interested about is the mind-setting of a person who came up with the idea of changing existing roll queue into this.
  • stalkinnstalkinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just a bump because this is still not fixed
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow. This has been OVER a month. It had to be a 1-character typo to go from FIFO to LIFO.
    If someone consciously chose to change this they need a stern talking to by a resident games architect.

This is a major annoyance - fix it already!
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Should be fixed in the upcoming patch.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . .Closing this as today's patch should have fixed this. If it still occurs after that, please feel free to make a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.