test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arcane coffer gives me just 1 white silly pearl worth 100 ref. points...

2»

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    but a skill node is the exact same gamble because if you don't buy a skill kit, you are only limited to open one kind for free and even then, you're not guaranteed specific loot out of that node.

no one is forcing you to pay real money or in-game currency here. if you don't want to participate, don't. if you participate and then feel cheated, who is to blame here?

If we be generous and ignore that the cheapest kits are 2 ad and go with a 5ad per kit value, you'd need to fail 9000 times (average attempt 36,000 times). I'm also ignoring the fact that I get a never-ending supply of kits from leadership and hundreds of gold per toon so could buy them easily anyway with nothing else to spend it on. The artifact from the coffer is also bound which I believe you can't mail it to yourself, so even if you did want it, you may not have wanted it on that character anyway. Also 2 days a week you don't get a mark (or extra scrip like you're supposed to unless it was stealth fixed that I didn't notice) making the daily chest next to useless apart from the 5 scrolls and cipher. By Monday those will be useless for me though as I would have completed both trees by then (thank god it wasn't as horrible as sharandar). But hey, at least its equivalent to the one key cost instead of the ones that get ripped off from lockboxes and boosters where the odds can be literally anything and get away with it, so really you don't know what you're buying.
  • Options
    tholthertholther Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i assure you that being a community moderator has nothing to do with my AD income. just by invoking, you get free rough AD and each day you can refine 24k AD. considering the cost to upgrade to the adamantine isn't all at once, you have plenty of time to earn the AD before you have to spend it. and again, this is not a required part of the game. you can bypass it if it doesn't seem like a value to you. just like you don't have to buy keys to open lockboxes.

I was not referring particularly to you but in general to vet players. I am a new player with only 2 characters, one lvl 60 and one lvl 30. You get each day a couple of thousands AD at lvl 60, yes. I dont know exactly how many but I think 3-5K so not eve near the 24k you are mentioning. I haven't yet reached that maximum refining amount, not even near. I read the links someone put in this thread to get lots of AD but I stop reading when I saw he was doing it with 10 characters.... I cannot afford that much zen.
    Anyway this thread is not about the price you have to pay to forge a key -although 45k AD is a lot for me- but the fact that you feel cheated when you get only 1 white pearl worth of 100 refinement points.
    And please don't say that nobody is forcing me to do that because when you are new you just follow the indicated road hoping to achieve something better every time. Nobody is forcing me to play this game either. With this thread I just wanted to express my dissapointment and surprise and also to hear other comments on this matter. And I repeat: after forging this marvelous silver key for 24 hours I was expecting something a little better after opening that shiny Arcane coffer. That's all.
    Greetings.
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    tholther wrote: »
    I was not referring particularly to you but in general to vet players. I am a new player with only 2 characters, one lvl 60 and one lvl 30. You get each day a couple of thousands AD at lvl 60, yes. I dont know exactly how many but I think 3-5K so not eve near the 24k you are mentioning. I haven't yet reached that maximum refining amount, not even near. I read the links someone put in this thread to get lots of AD but I stop reading when I saw he was doing it with 10 characters.... I cannot afford that much zen.
    Anyway this thread is not about the price you have to pay to forge a key -although 45k AD is a lot for me- but the fact that you feel cheated when you get only 1 white pearl worth of 100 refinement points.
    And please don't say that nobody is forcing me to do that because when you are new you just follow the indicated road hoping to achieve something better every time. Nobody is forcing me to play this game either. With this thread I just wanted to express my dissapointment and surprise and also to hear other comments on this matter. And I repeat: after forging this marvelous silver key for 24 hours I was expecting something a little better after opening that shiny Arcane coffer. That's all.
    Greetings.

The thing is you can do it once a day till the end of your life, so really, it's not that bad..... :P
  • Options
    tangodiotangodio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
    I do not understand some people... The glove are easy to get even if you play only a few hours a week and you only pay once for each lvl. Once you unlocked it you do not repay for it again until you get the next lvl of glove.

Btw when you get in that zone you are at lvl 60. You get some AD with the daily quest and with the leadership profession. I do not play a lot and i was able to get the last glove easy and it pay already itself. I got a few Mark (blue and green), piece of armor and other stuff... yes i do get peridot and aquamarine but they are not bound...

also what is the fun or the reason to do something if you always get the best stuff every time??? I mean yes it's annoying to get a pearl but you try again next time... It took me a few try but i was able to get the companion (Blink Dog) from the Sharandar (Celadaine Tower).....:confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    As I see some people seem to forget the time when they were a brand new player. Guys, I didnt even know -until I read it in this thread- that you could get the silver key each day. Yesterday was the first time I forged the silver key. I dont even know how to get it again, lol. Maybe can someone explain it to me. I would appreciate. Thanks.

And as far as getting AD I dont know how you do it. I get the normal 2-3k(?) free and then a few from leadership (lvl 15). I dont know how much time some of you spend in this game but I cannot do the Sharandar quests and the Dread Ring quests and then have time over to do the dailys...
  • Options
    tangodiotangodio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
    As I see some people seem to forget the time when they were a brand new player. Guys, I didnt even know -until I read it in this thread- that you could get the silver key each day. Yesterday was the first time I forged the silver key. I dont even know how to get it again, lol. Maybe can someone explain it to me. I would appreciate. Thanks.

And as far as getting AD I dont know how you do it. I get the normal 2-3k(?) free and then a few from leadership (lvl 15). I dont know how much time some of you spend in this game but I cannot do the Sharandar quests and the Dread Ring quests and then have time over to do the dailys...

I can do all the dread ring dailys quest including Knox one in about 30 min but if i farm some profession node it might take an 1 hour. I finished the Sharandar section and only do the last section once or twice a week for the Celadaine Tower since it's the only one that pay. It take some time a bit more time in Sharandar since some quest are a bit longer including Celadaine. All of them are done alone. If you have finished a section you only do the quest that pay at the end...

For the dailys AD, i only do the PVP most of the time. The dungeon one, the Foundry and Gaultrym, not done once in the last 2 month.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can finish sharandar and dread ring dailies in under 30 mins when I want to just knock them out.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    I can finish sharandar and dread ring dailies in under 30 mins when I want to just knock them out.

wow, that's really fast!
    What about getting the silver key. Can anyone explain me how to get it? As I said I did forged yesterday the silver key for the arcane coffer for the first time and as I read in this thread you can do it every day. How? Where?
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What about getting the silver key. Can anyone explain me how to get it? As I said I did forged yesterday the silver key for the arcane coffer for the first time and as I read in this thread you can do it every day. How? Where?

Go to the same place that you forged it , I think it's an anvil with a magical hammer hitting it and you should see a ! that you click on and you craft a new Gauntlet , you can make one per character per day.
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    wow, that's really fast!

Go to the same anvil you forged it at and forge another. You can do this every day.
  • Options
    lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    First thing i did after the first 2boons was upgrade my gauntlet all the way 2Adamantine, then went 2 boons again.
    All i kept getting was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> R4 i had given up all hope & haven't seen a blu mark any were or anything worth my trouble.
    2days ago i was in a group of 4players doing DF i think it was df anyway was last, real fast run by the time i got 2boss he was half dead by the time i got to the coffer every 1 said ty & was gone. Thank u very much "eye Lathander" i used it in my MC run when a team player gos down i press 7 & he or shes back in the fight with out the need 2 get close & press F. all i need 2do is increase its radius now it would be very nice if a couple blu marks pop up....................................................... :o
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    lpsx wrote: »
    First thing i did after the first 2boons was upgrade my gauntlet all the way 2Adamantine, then went 2 boons again.
    All i kept getting was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> R4 i had given up all hope & haven't seen a blu mark any were or anything worth my trouble.
    2days ago i was in a group of 4players doing DF i think it was df anyway was last, real fast run by the time i got 2boss he was half dead by the time i got to the coffer every 1 said ty & was gone. Thank u very much "eye Lathander" i used it in my MC run when a team player gos down i press 7 & he or shes back in the fight with out the need 2 get close & press F. all i need 2do is increase its radius now it would be very nice if a couple blu marks pop up....................................................... :o

Congrats. Sounds like a good power.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thx guys. I forged the key again and open the so called "Arcane" coffer and guess what I got this time: 2 enchantments lvl 3. That's even worse than the white pearl I got yest. Please someone tell the devs of Neverwinter to upgrade a bit this "superb" Arcane coffer. This rewards are just pathetic. This is an arcane coffer that you can only open with with a special key... not a node you find everywhere.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    in a free to play game where the loot system is based on random drops, there is no guarantee that you're going to get the top drop in the first try, the tenth try or the hundredth try. this is working as intended.

and on that note this rant thread is now closed.
This discussion has been closed.