test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hr hybrid build

kazexkumokazexkumo Member Posts: 46
edited May 2014 in The Wilds
This is not GUIDE. But a build. For those people that already know mechanism of Hunter Ranger.
extra note about this: I will create proper Guide for Hunter Ranger Hybrid Build soon.

for those who just need calculator skills and dont want to check all of this.
can click that.
http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=p7j:4ni7w:a6gj,13l3i2i:b5300:8iz30:60000&h=0&p=swd

Character.
484817_750795858281536_1565037174_n.jpg
Post edited by kazexkumo on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    The Power.
    Part 1.
    1601193_750796004948188_1486176202_n.jpg

Part 2.
    1004943_750795978281524_945179026_n.jpg

Part 3.
    10196_750795944948194_2050713118_n.jpg

Part 4.
    76887_750795904948198_936052412_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The Feats.
    1497539_750796041614851_1823128193_n.jpg

Encounter,Daily,Class Feature,Atwill slots.

For MAINLY PVE DUNGEON.
    Range Slot.
    1533954_750795784948210_1262894977_n.jpg

Melee Slot.
    379754_750795764948212_849613405_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    For MAINLY PVP and Normal PVE. also known as Full Hybrid Style.

Range Slot.
    1507908_750795761614879_768160478_n.jpg

Melee Slot.
    1010386_750795751614880_140572906_n.jpg

how I use PVP and Normal PVE combo.
    Constricting Arrow > Tab > Marauder Charge > Tab > Fox Cunning > Tab > Fox Shift > Steel Breeze > Tab > Marauder Escape > Disruptive Shot/Forest Ghost.
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You know by throwing "don't check this" on the topic you put a big "check me" sign on it. Reverse psychology is powerful stuff.

Actually I've been playing with trying a hybrid build myself but couldn't make the numbers fit. This gives me a new insight into it that I hadn't considered. How's the PvE/PvP performance on it? Do you still spend a great deal of time in ranged for PvE, or do you manage to get decent numbers in melee too? Not trying to copycat or anything, just trying to understand the full scope of what you've accomplished
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    in dungeon. i still doing high amount of DPS.
    in pvp, i can get high kills number. usually 10-20 average. this build also great against TR and GWF(non sentinel).
    with appropriate amount of ArP and Plaguefire enchantment. GWF or GF die so easily everytime using my combos.

edit:
    elminster wrote: »
    How's the PvE/PvP performance on it? Do you still spend a great deal of time in ranged for PvE, or do you manage to get decent numbers in melee too?

yes, on both i dealt most dps in paingiver, but sometimes 2nd or 3rd if there is geared storm CW. but i spend more time on ranged during dungeon PVE unless i need to focus on boss only i will go full hybrid style.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Incidentally you might want to check out http://nwcalc.com/ now that it accommodates HRs makes sharing easier. :)

Why not Fox's in PvE Dungeon?
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Incidentally you might want to check out http://nwcalc.com/ now that it accommodates HRs makes sharing easier. :)

Why not Fox's in PvE Dungeon?

hmm.. I will check it later, I'm not very good at english. so making a proper guide kinda hard for me.

well, in PVE dungeon. I only use full hybrid style(which included fox skills) when party ask me to single focus on boss only.
    so the Fox's shift...
    The dmg kinda high too for non-vorpal user. each hits 6-9k( 3 times) but the first hit after using buffs for bonus dmg it reach 10k-14k.
    and the fox cunning really help assist a lot to the party. 100% bonus dodge quite useful. no doubt.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kazexkumo wrote: »
    hmm.. I will check it later, I'm not very good at english. so making a proper guild kinda hard for me.

Don't sell yourself short. Your English is better than many people I know, and compared to some of the people on this forum you could be an English professor :)
  • Options
    elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kazexkumo wrote: »
    Extra note.
    When using flaming/plaguefire enchant.
    use forest ghost and pass through the enemy(to hit once) while Storm step in slot.
    It will help reduce cooldown instantly to zero cooldown. i repeat, INSTANTLY.

Noticed you mentioned this at the end. Are the burn ticks from Plaguefire proccing the Storm Step glitch now too? Really wanna use this skill but if it's even proccing off Plaguefires ...

They need to fix this passive. It would be such a good expansion to my build if it wasn't so broken.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    elminster wrote: »
    Noticed you mentioned this at the end. Are the burn ticks from Plaguefire proccing the Storm Step glitch now too? Really wanna use this skill but if it's even proccing off Plaguefires ...

They need to fix this passive. It would be such a good expansion to my build if it wasn't so broken.

yes, it does proccing the storm step. really useful and powerful. I hope that feature stay like that with flaming/plaguefire enchantment. Because, I'm tired and bored to see HR using same vorpal enchantment all the way. Plaguefire enchantment also works well with HR skills. For example when using Rain arrow with Torn ward, the stack can exceed beyond 3 stacks, but doesnt last long like 3 stacks. Sometimes it reached 10 stacks if i keep hitting with other source of dmg(encounter,daily,etc etc).
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »
    Don't sell yourself short. Your English is better than many people I know, and compared to some of the people on this forum you could be an English professor :)

oh ty, but I m still young to be english professor. My english broken so often too, that's what my friend said. :(
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I was joking about you being a professor :) My point was that many people on these forums (or on just about any forum) write English very poorly, but you are quite easy to understand even if not perfect, so in comparison, you seem like a teacher and many native English speakers seem terrible. Keep it up :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »
    Well, I was joking about you being a professor :) My point was that many people on these forums (or on just about any forum) write English very poorly, but you are quite easy to understand even if not perfect, so in comparison, you seem like a teacher and many native English speakers seem terrible. Keep it up :)

I knew you was joking about it. By the way, I m still young and still need to learn more, if I did a mistake, please tell me. My old friend used to tell to me " It's easy to correct your mistake, if you know it.". FYI, I'm 17. :D
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I like ur 3/5 in both trees crit feats, i had thought about 5/5 correcting aim and 1/3 melee crit and this could be better.

I almost went that path but ended taking the combat tree to the end and forgoing correcting aim as i though the master of combat feat might be better dps in the end as having highish crit might not proc correcting that much with all the independent criting aoe we have.

have u tried going that way for a comparison?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    I like ur 3/5 in both trees crit feats, i had thought about 5/5 correcting aim and 1/3 melee crit and this could be better.

I almost went that path but ended taking the combat tree to the end and forgoing correcting aim as i though the master of combat feat might be better dps in the end as having highish crit might not proc correcting that much with all the independent criting aoe we have.

have u tried going that way for a comparison?

the reason why I don't take 5/5 on melee combat crit feat or 5/5 on archery correcting aim, because I don't want to lose beneficial of archery feat to the range stance. it is might important to have balanced on both crit feats since in this build trying to amplify the dmg and critical chances on both stances without getting into one sided only. It's hard to tell here, but the correcting aim feat works well with melee stances too, making your fox shift or any of your important skills (atwill,encounter)always have a high crit chances. This is the point of being hybrid HR, to always be in balance and amplify your dmg on both stances, and the reason why I don't take any mastery because non of it worth. any ranger will agree with that last statement.

I did try on full combat build and full archery build.
    Combat build= lacking of range variety, and more vulnerable than a TR because of they are quite squishy especially the one with high dmg focus on this build. In PVP, range classes or Archery Ranger can kite them easily when their skills on CD, making them lack of range to counter that problem. The dmg of this build is great when focusing on single target only, I can say they are better than a normal TR in PVP and PVE, but no quite outstanding in PVE because of lacking AOES dmg. That's the reason why they are not at highest rank in paingiver chart. Conclusion of their weaknesses= squishy, lacking of range skills, lacking of AOES dmg.

Archery build= quite powerful in PVE and aswell in PVP, most people know that too, but in PVP it's hard when against a class that can chase Archer Ranger all the way, especially TR. So, they kind of more vulnerable when too close to their enemy. Of course we have Marauder escape, but normally, any skilled TR understand that and waiting for the opportunity of you using that encounter then strike you down. Conclusion of their weaknesses = very squishy because of lacking melee skills when too close to melee classes.

But with hybrid build, it fixed those problems. You don't have problem with range neither or with being near with enemy. But the fact of HR still squishy still can't be denied, but you can counter any melee classes without any problem aswell with range classes. In order to help survivality of HR, you have to add more lifesteal bonus or maximum HP on stats.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ok, i think u didnt understand my question :D.

I am hybrid too, but there are several ways to build the feats as an hybrid.

1) U can go half way each feat tree like u did ( be it 5/5 correcting aim and 1/5 bleeding precision or 3/5 on both like u did)

2) U can go all the way archery tree till master of archery taking combat feats till t2 (imho worst for hybrid as if ur staying closer range u dont make good use of snipers aim)

3) or U can go all the way combat tree till master of combat , so thats 5/5 bleeding precision, also taking 5/5 black arrows and bloodthirsty ( A bit better melee dmg as u get master of combat procs and better melee crit chance and dont sacrifice ranged dps compared to option 1, but will loose out a little it on ranged crit chance)

I personally went the thrid option, and was asking If u had tried being hybrid that way to compare to ur build (option 1).

I ask because ive had this doubt since i built my ranger (option 1 vs option 3).
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ok, i think u didnt understand my question :D.

I am hybrid too, but there are several ways to build the feats as an hybrid.

1) U can go half way each feat tree like u did ( be it 5/5 correcting aim and 1/5 bleeding precision or 3/5 on both like u did)

2) U can go all the way archery tree till master of archery taking combat feats till t2 (imho worst for hybrid as if ur staying closer range u dont make good use of snipers aim)

3) or U can go all the way combat tree till master of combat , so thats 5/5 bleeding precision, also taking 5/5 black arrows and bloodthirsty ( A bit better melee dmg as u get master of combat procs and better melee crit chance and dont sacrifice ranged dps compared to option 1, but will loose out a little it on ranged crit chance)

I personally went the thrid option, and was asking If u had tried being hybrid that way to compare to ur build (option 1).

I ask because ive had this doubt since i built my ranger (option 1 vs option 3).

I did try it, but i lose more crits on range stance. doing 3/5 on both more efficient. plus it increasing more crit chances to melee stance.

Edit: I don't think taking any mastery would be good for HR, unless you are nature build. For me, it doesn't worth to take mastery because it only add very little dmg for combat mastery and master of archery worthless, that obviously.

Having more crits chances on range stance are very important for PVE and PVP. But mostly PVE dungeon, because, u want to make sure u have dmg based crits on range because u will be using more aoe skills on range stances unless u go full hybrid stance because of party want to u take down boss only. I mean, u going to play more to range stance in PVE dungeon until someone ask you to focus on boss only.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If the focus is getting archery to crit more then wouldnt going 5/5 correcting aim 1/5 lethal hunter be better? coz correcting aim is also going to affect ur melee stance.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yes, but it's not better, because having 6% of critical chance is good. It's also about balancing between archery and combat crit feats to create whole new dynamic, it's hard to explain here, if you try this build for real, then you absolutely will understand the reason behind all of these. that's why I said, this build is not to focus on one sided only. Aside from that, The feats work like this, I use archery to make, combat get stronger. Everytime I use Range stance, I get stronger. and vice versa. If you notice the feats, If I click range encounter, next dmg of melee encounter will be increased.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Your reasoning confuses me... to me it looks like ur seeing the balance in pretty even numbers in the character sheet.

I understand a bit higher melee crit chance will help u boost ur melee burst (fox shift) as u really only use one hitting melee encounter so its better that when u use it it crits, i can understand that. But then u seldom use it unless ur asked to tank boss, so ur really 90% of the time really playing more as a ranged ( as i can see in ur first post).

The feat distribution ur using is not as balanced as ur saying, it actually favours melee crit chance. 5/5 correcting and 1/5 bleeding precision is actually more balanced crit in both stances ( just 2% difference) with more gain from correcting aim in both stances, thus increasing your effective crit chance in ranged, which is actually where u spend most of ur time.

If u want to have a better chance at criting with fox u can just use awareness and timing with correcting aim, hold off a few secs of using it untill u notice 1 or 2 non crits and shoot if off with a better chance at critting.

Then, when ur so focused on crit... why arent u using a vorpal? It will do u better than plaguefire. Ok u wont glitch Stormstep even further (which for me is pointless because the imba combo is rain of arrows + fox and with the long animations that both have by when one is done the other is already ready... even with vorpal)

I was testing some of this stuff in preview a few hours ago (did many respecs) and actually came to the build which i ended up liking the most, as that was the most balanced in crit and damage output between stances. I went 5/5 correcting aim, 3/5 snipers aim and just 3/5 lethal hunter. Crit chance was balanced between both and there was a bigger dmg increase in ranged than damage loss in melee (+12% in ranged -6% melee which actually gets bigger because ranged tends to hit harder and its based on porcentages)

http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=p9b:4ixvg:5yr7,1xi3i3i:6z530:b0x00:60000&h=1&p=swd

Go to preview and test it out to see if u like this variation, I think it would probably suit ur playstyle as u will be doing plenty more damge.

PS: whats up with that armour penetration? Do u pvp alot? coz ur way over 24% not even taking the str bonus into account.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't want to argue anymore. It seems you don't get what this build trying to achieve. By the way, the reason I'm using Plaguefire not because of storm step feature. It's because its debuff is powerful enough when combined with fox shift. More powerful than vorpal, I think. Because I also have vorpal weapon(spare VT longbpw weapon), I understand how exactly both enchantments works. With vorpal, it only boost more crit dmg. But with PF, you destroy opponent's def aswell disrupting aimed shot for other HR user.

edit: on ya, I noticed your PS note. Yes I PVP a lot than PVE. I only do PVE when got GG time only.
    plus. After checking your calculator, I understand, that you trying to boost more dmg in range. It doesn't suit the way I play here. I m using range to power up my melee dmg. Aswell to assist me to kill from far but doesnt superior like full archery build, mostly I use range stance in pvp to use C.arrow and D shot as utility, and atwills only act as my dmg output from range. That's the reason why I call it full hybrid.
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I am unsure if PF is better than Vorpal for PvP. I am using PF by the way, but at the times I meet other HR with G.Vorpal or P.Vorpal, they can burst me down much much easier.

PF is obviously better for PvE, since Split the Sky does not follow the rule of 5, but in PvP...I'd go with a higher Vorpal enchant if I had the money to give. PvP is all about survival and burst.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    prisoner46664prisoner46664 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A very fruitful discussion. :3
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I am unsure if PF is better than Vorpal for PvP. I am using PF by the way, but at the times I meet other HR with G.Vorpal or P.Vorpal, they can burst me down much much easier.

PF is obviously better for PvE, since Split the Sky does not follow the rule of 5, but in PvP...I'd go with a higher Vorpal enchant if I had the money to give. PvP is all about survival and burst.

well, it depends on your build too. Like I said, I chose PF for full hybrid HR. Because at this moment, everytime I go to PVP. I m doing good against most classes, except Sentinel GWF, some of them really good, I tried to refresh my cooldown back to back, still can't kill it easily.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ****, some of my comments really suck at grammar spelling. Took time for me to realize some of few words. Guys, if I do mistake. Please point it earlier to me. I m trying to improve my english.

- I saw I put guild instead of guide. :3
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Im actually not trying to argue, im trying to have a constructive discussion about hybrid Hrs here. So im not dissing ur build at all, just proposing some things to test. So now that u know that, its up to you how u take it.

I do get your build but i was trying to comprehend some of ur feating decisions which seemed to me a little less efficent in ragards to the pve aspect of ur build to what i was proposing. Mostly the part where ur favouring melee crit when ur using mostly ranged. Now that its clear u pvp more than pve it makes more sense to me, even though there are some decisions i would have taken differently even then.

Mostly the weapon enchant, i agree with hidahayabusa that vorpal is better for pvp specially with ur feat focus on crit, the low defensive stats (with no lone wolf) and tottally dissing master of combat, as i think it shines most in pvp as it goes through mitigation and guard, but im not too clear on this one myself.

But everyone builds as he wishes and if ur not interested in discussing about min maxing hybrid HRs, ill just go somewhere else with my ramblings.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Im actually not trying to argue, im trying to have a constructive discussion about hybrid Hrs here. So im not dissing ur build at all, just proposing some things to test. So now that u know that, its up to you how u take it.

I do get your build but i was trying to comprehend some of ur feating decisions which seemed to me a little less efficent in ragards to the pve aspect of ur build to what i was proposing. Mostly the part where ur favouring melee crit when ur using mostly ranged. Now that its clear u pvp more than pve it makes more sense to me, even though there are some decisions i would have taken differently even then.

Mostly the weapon enchant, i agree with hidahayabusa that vorpal is better for pvp specially with ur feat focus on crit, the low defensive stats (with no lone wolf) and tottally dissing master of combat, as i think it shines most in pvp as it goes through mitigation and guard, but im not too clear on this one myself.

But everyone builds as he wishes and if ur not interested in discussing about min maxing hybrid HRs, ill just go somewhere else with my ramblings.

Oh sorry, I didnt really mean it. I was bad mood that time about real life. Nevermind that,
    Yes vorpal does give me crit chance more dmg, but I don't think it would be wise to use it in this kind of build.
    Well depends, on the user taste. bursting more dmg or debuffing more def, which technically works the same.
    So far as from my experience, in PVP, it's more useful to use PF because it can disrupt some disruptable channeling spell/skill like Aimed shot, it's very helpful. The debuffing effect are nice too, Def reduction, it can melt a strong GF's def into a cute little kitten( sry, but i have to say this, because I love cats), I usually can handle them before I finish the 5th encounter in my rotation.. So far in PVP, I handle GF and GWF so easily, even tough their Def are very high, except sentinel GWF, their unstopable make any HR become so sick.

In PVE especially epic dungeon. Mostly HR will use the deer and the torn ward skill to melt the boss's def to open chance to kill boss more easily for other members of party. But since I'm using PF enchantment, those skills wont be any necessary anymore, so using full dps skill like rain arrow and some skill that can control crowd little bit like split of sky would be more efficient and useful to the party.
    I tried vorpal a lot, but in the end, it doesnt suit and satisfy my taste in HR hybrid play.

To be honest, HR already have powerful range even without proper feats, everyone knows that. So in my research about this build, using range to power up combat are more precisely better and more efficient in the battle.

That's all based on my experience with HR and this build.

extra word, doesn't it worth to buy the bird from hunter ranger pack? and change sniper's aim feat to other? companions can be so handy to HR, if we can choose it wisely, saving HR more points for other purposes.
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hi,

I really liked your guide, can I add it to mmominds.com???
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    In PVE especially epic dungeon. Mostly HR will use the deer and the torn ward skill to melt the boss's def to open chance to kill boss more easily for other members of party. But since I'm using PF enchantment, those skills wont be any necessary anymore, so using full dps skill like rain arrow and some skill that can control crowd little bit like split of sky would be more efficient and useful to the party.
    I tried vorpal a lot, but in the end, it doesnt suit and satisfy my taste in HR hybrid play.

Just remember that that the defense reduction is roughly equal to 1/5 in mitigation reduction or damage buff (if arpen capped). And that they dont stack with other users using plaguefire, so when more than one person in a party has a plaguefire it effectively means just one person has it if attacking same targets. Thats what puts me off from plaguefire the most really, as its a common cw and gwf enchantment.
    extra word, doesn't it worth to buy the bird from hunter ranger pack? and change sniper's aim feat to other? companions can be so handy to HR, if we can choose it wisely, saving HR more points for other purposes.

i dont know about that one. elaborate plz.

Ps: btw im pretty sure it got fixed too, but plaguefire doesnt have its "effect" with stormstep like before does it?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Just remember that that the defense reduction is roughly equal to 1/5 in mitigation reduction or damage buff (if arpen capped). And that they dont stack with other users using plaguefire, so when more than one person in a party has a plaguefire it effectively means just one person has it if attacking same targets. Thats what puts me off from plaguefire the most really, as its a common cw and gwf enchantment.

i dont know about that one. elaborate plz.

Ps: btw im pretty sure it got fixed too, but plaguefire doesnt have its "effect" with stormstep like before does it?

No, I tried before. Because my Guild leader is using same plaguefire rank. When we both using atwills together on same target, the stack exceed more than it supposed( the 3 stack) and works same as I mentioned before, can reach more than 3 stacks but didnt last long. And if my other guild member using low PF, they got different stack than me. Tried a lot, tested alot with most of my friendlist too. So I can pretty sure it works like that.

The companion from HR pack increased atk dmg based range, just like sniper's aim feat. So, if we have that companion, it works as like having sniper's feat. It can stack too, but for hybrid, why would we need more range power if our range already powerful even with full combat build.

I did realize about that fix patch, it doesn't bother much, and to be honest, i really love that fix. because i was too OP in pvp with that exploit, and ended with being hated by my friend for having more kills than his TR. :3 ****, I cant understand why would he be jealous if i got more kills. :3