test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which spells does Burning Guidance work with?

izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Temple
I am unclear how Burning Guidance is going to work. Does anyone know which spells can trigger Burning Guidance? For example, does astral shield trigger burning guidance when it is feated to heal? :confused:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Skill that heals will have a chance to proc. AS is regen skill, so it wont proc. AS cannot be feated.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    Skill that heals will have a chance to proc. AS is regen skill, so it wont proc. AS cannot be feated.

Astral shield can be feated. It is called 'Invigorated Healing':
    Sun Burst, Bastion of Health, and Astral Shield apply invigorated healing to affected targets. After 6 seconds Invigorated Healing expires and Heals the target for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5% of their Max Hit Points .

So the question stands.
    Has anyone actually tested to see for sure which spells and effects trigger Burning Guidance?
  • josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I tested it today (just on heals to myself)
    Astral Shield procced it quite a bit. Each tick seems to have some chance of damaging all nearby enemies.
    Healing word did NOT proc it at all. Tested over and over. Was odd. Divine and non-divine.
    Soothing Light did not proc it at all.
    Sunburst procced occasionally, not often.
    Astral Seal did not proc it at all.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    josiahiyon wrote: »
    Astral Shield procced it quite a bit. Each tick seems to have some chance of damaging all nearby enemies.
    Healing word did NOT proc it at all. Tested over and over. Was odd. Divine and non-divine.
    Cool thx for the info!
    edited January 2014
    Oh i forgot that feat! btw it proc on AS regen ticks or invigorated healing ticks? If AS proc, how long is its internal cd?
    edited January 2014
    I don't have invigorated healing, so it was proccing on the regen ticks. I did not notice a consistent internal cd. Sometimes back to back astral shields procced it.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
    edited January 2014
    Hmm... so Astral Shield which is a regen skill that doesn't proc all other Healing feats will proc Burning Guidance while HW, a true direct healing spell (proc all healing feat) doesn't proc BG... If everyone get the same result then we should send a ticket to dev, something must be wrong.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Astral shield has been a HoT for quite some time now...
    edited January 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Astral shield has been a HoT for quite some time now...

No, i pretty sure Astral Shield is still a regen skill that cannot proc healing feats. It is only counted as HoT in healing chart in dungeon and skirmish. Linked spirit, Divine Advantage etc are feat that 100% proc with healing skills including hybrid Forgemaster's Flame and Sunburst but AS still wont proc on these skills. You can check these feats with Astral Shield, i tried many times even purposely stand in groups of mobs, AS still wont proc these feats.
  • scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    No, i pretty sure Astral Shield is still a regen skill that cannot proc healing feats. It is only counted as HoT in healing chart in dungeon and skirmish. Linked spirit, Divine Advantage etc are feat that 100% proc with healing skills including hybrid Forgemaster's Flame and Sunburst but AS still wont proc on these skills. You can check these feats with Astral Shield, i tried many times even purposely stand in groups of mobs, AS still wont proc these feats.

Unless something has changed, FF does not proc Linked and SB heals both in and out of divine mode making it one of the true heals. AS only heals in Divine mode and so it would seem excludes certain feats. However, it should still proc Enduring Relief at least .. and it doesn't, which does add credence to the "it's still regen in all but name only" argument.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2014

would you say its worth taking this boon?
    edited January 2014
    At the moment, I recommend more tests before making a call on best 5th boon option.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Do other powers proc it? Say FF, GoF, Moontouched HG, Invigorated Healing, Soveeign Justice, BoH, Exaltation
    edited January 2014
    scozzers wrote: »
    Unless something has changed, FF does not proc Linked and SB heals both in and out of divine mode making it one of the true heals. AS only heals in Divine mode and so it would seem excludes certain feats. However, it should still proc Enduring Relief at least .. and it doesn't, which does add credence to the "it's still regen in all but name only" argument.

Anything still remains the same, just tested again minutes ago, FF DOES proc LS and DA if allies are around, only DA when allies not around. AS still take its part as a regen skill.... healing in divine mode feat (linked spirit) and normal healing feat (divine advantage) DOESN'T proc at all.
    edited January 2014
    Update:
    Testing with a non-stone companion yielded much better results. Saw proc on soothing light, exaltation, astral seal, astral shield, healing word.. everything that it should proc on. And it procced all the time. no cooldown. Ran in CN -- procced non-stop, all the time. Was giving me a seizure.

Downside: it does not proc when solo or solo but with stone. I couldn't get it to proc at all.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
    edited January 2014
    Update:
    Testing with a non-stone companion yielded much better results. Saw proc on soothing light, exaltation, astral seal, astral shield, healing word.. everything that it should proc on. And it procced all the time. no cooldown. Ran in CN -- procced non-stop, all the time. Was giving me a seizure.

Downside: it does not proc when solo or solo but with stone. I couldn't get it to proc at all.

I see Astral Shield + Astral Seal will make DC better in the DPS chart, btw since companion's heal is also counted in our healing chart, can fawn or other healer companion trigger the boon? Is our companion's healing spell counted as our spell? "Your healing spell have a chance to burn enemies near the target for 120 Radiant damage"

Someone pls check with the fawn, double shield double damage yeah~~ So sad i unlock all the gauntlets, currently got enough ciphers but not enough scrolls to unlock final boon...
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Update:

Interesting. What about Repurpose Soul, Sovereign Justice, Invigorated Healing, Moontouched
    edited January 2014

Hm I cleraly remember Astral Shield turned into a HoT in patch notes a few months ago. It created a small buzz on this subforums. I don't remember when this change should have been made but I'm also pretty sure of what I read in the patch notes (IIRC for module 1 but i could be wrong). If it's still not a HoT then it's a bug, and someone willing to report it will have to link the patch notes to the devs with the report. Not that I really care anyway, that's just weird.
    edited January 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Hm I cleraly remember Astral Shield turned into a HoT in patch notes a few months ago. It created a small buzz on this subforums. I don't remember when this change should have been made but I'm also pretty sure of what I read in the patch notes (IIRC for module 1 but i could be wrong). If it's still not a HoT then it's a bug, and someone willing to report it will have to link the patch notes to the devs with the report. Not that I really care anyway, that's just weird.

The HoT issue is because last time Astral shield's heal is not counted as our heal in dungeon and skirmish, they changed it so we cleric can easily top off in the healing chart to get field medic title. Btw HoT means Heal over Time, Heal can crit, Astral Shield apply self regen effect so it doesn't crit. You can see the same shield description from fawn too. An argument here is if it is really a HoT why it doesn't proc healing feats and cleanse? A week more i will get the last boon, that time i will test it also. Hoping it is not a bad choice so i don't need a respec token.

Edit: Just found it in old patch notes, it is not a HoT, just counted as HoT in the healing chart:
    "Astral Shield: The healing from the Divine version of this power is now considered a Heal over Time for healing calculations."
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For the record whether a power is a heal/regeneration/whatever or not depends on what particular feat/item/effect we're talking about. The wording on the tooltips are really more of a rough guideline.

Otherwise Righteousness would affect pretty much everything and we'd all be screwed.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Surely if it's regen, it should heal based on maxHP rather than in similar amounts for everyone? I admit I'm not usually paying enormous attention to how big the green numbers are, but I've not noticed any particular difference in numbers between a CW in my astral and a GWF, for instance.
    edited January 2014
    Righteousness doesn't affect 2 skills which are Astral Shield and Forgemaster's Flame.
    "Your own heals are 40% less effective on you."
    I assume this is because AS is a "regen" not "Heal", while Divine FF is "Damage Debuff that makes enemy heals", both NOT our direct Heal so will not trigger Righteousness but both are still counted as our heal in the healing chart.

If the Boon works differently from the tooltip, maybe the boon is suggesting our power that grants HP to allies will trigger it. I will take this explanation till more idea coming in.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I suspect it's less "these specific cases are exceptions because X", and more "sloppy coding".

Not that I'm complaining, since I suspect their 'fix' would be to make FF and AS suffer from righteousness too.. :P

Another question: does burning guidance proc the high prophet debuff? Because if it does, it could be all kinds of awesome.
    edited January 2014
    Righteousness doesn't affect 2 skills which are Astral Shield and Forgemaster's Flame.
    "Your own heals are 40% less effective on you."
    I assume this is because AS is a "regen" not "Heal", while Divine FF is "Damage Debuff that makes enemy heals", both NOT our direct Heal so will not trigger Righteousness but both are still counted as our heal in the healing chart.

If the Boon works differently from the tooltip, maybe the boon is suggesting our power that grants HP to allies will trigger it. I will take this explanation till more idea coming in.

Ah well ok then i'll read the patch notes myself next time. Thanks for the clarification.
    edited January 2014
    Time to review this post now, i saw someone proc his "burning guidance" in pvp yesterday. Some questions here for those lucky guys:
    1. How Astral Seal proc BG? is around the range attacker that get the heals or around the sealed target?
    2. How often BG proc? > 50% on every heal?
    3. Its damage will be reduced by damage resistance or can be deflected? Or increased by Arp?
    4. Can Artifacts (Waters, Emblem) activate it?
    5. Does it activate High prophet debuff? Tenes? Plaguefire stacks? and Other enchant effects?
    6. Can it crit? If can, does it activate repurpose soul?
    7. Any divinity synergy and AP bonus? (like BotS & ASeal)

Kindly test and give us your remarks thank you.
  • adrukenadruken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Some answers:
    1_ The effect procs not from that target healed, but from the healer, so the healer proc the effect on the mobs around him/her, doesn't matter if you are healing someone far from you
    2_ pretty often, can't say if is a 50% or more, but it procs a lot
    3_ never seen the damage deflected, the damge get surely increased if the target is debuffed
    4_ didn't tested yet
    5_ tested on plaguefire, the effect and the damage are not activated
    6_ never seen it crit
    7_ No, it doesn't build up nor ap nor divinity.

Hope it helps, both burning guidance and madness are pretty good for cleric. this gift raises a bit the aggro an healer generates.

Editet after more dungeon and skirmist, sorry for some mistakes at the start.
  • dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Use AS on a group of guards fighting zombies outside the dread ring camp and burning guidance went off about every two seconds. Need to test it again, but it seems the more people in the radiance of the spell the most likely it bound to go off. Should be good in GG and PVE.
    edited January 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Do other powers proc it? Say FF, GoF, Moontouched HG, Invigorated Healing, Sovereign Justice, BoH, Exaltation

Further to above:
    Miracle Healer 4set
    Dread Legion 4set

Anyone tested? I don't have the scrolls to do it.
  • dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I see Astral Shield + Astral Seal will make DC better in the DPS chart, btw since companion's heal is also counted in our healing chart, can fawn or other healer companion trigger the boon? Is our companion's healing spell counted as our spell? "Your healing spell have a chance to burn enemies near the target for 120 Radiant damage"

Someone pls check with the fawn, double shield double damage yeah~~ So sad i unlock all the gauntlets, currently got enough ciphers but not enough scrolls to unlock final boon...

It does work with fawn.

Burning Guidance works best in party that taken damage. When you solo it still goes off, just not as much. Works best with Astral Shield.
  • mour76mour76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I tested it. It proc with every spell that regen or heal, astral seal too, sacred flame, hollow ground, etc. The proc rate is very high, something like 50% at least. It proc on you if you are between 20' of the heal and proc ONLY when you heal others.