test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Art Asset Requests

1234568»

Comments

• orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think this would count for this thread.

Puzzle tiles, like in DDO.

Basically, I would like to see something like this, various pieces that are automatically rotatable repeatedly like the statues in The Plague Tower (Though please don't have such long animations where I can't interact with anything else until it is does, just a simple one second turning animation in fine.) and "compotent complete involves getting said piece lit. In order to light it, you would need to get light from a special type of piece and rotate the pieces so that it has a path to the piece you need to get lit. I will list a few parts below.

Starting pieces. One way path that produces light.
    End piece. One way path that does not produce light, mean for you to set the completion to.
    Rotatable puzzle tiles in any shape the elven rugs are found in.

These should allow for some more uses for the puzzle tag.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rotating pieces would be doable if they had states and state-dependent visibility.

For example, if Variable PuzzleTile_A = 2, one of four oriented tiles is visible.

With better code they could cut down on proliferating art assets.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited January 2014
    zahinder wrote: »
    Rotating pieces would be doable if they had states and state-dependent visibility.

For example, if Variable PuzzleTile_A = 2, one of four oriented tiles is visible.

With better code they could cut down on proliferating art assets.

They already have the coding for the rotation in Plague Tower actually.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A middle class bed would be great! Or a nicer mattress we could put on the bedframe already in the editor. Pillows would be nice, right now I use grain sacks turned upside down, so adding color to those would work.

Also, simple square or rectangle banners of single colors: red, purple, blue, green, orange, yellow, etc. These would be a big help with puzzles.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • dietebolacoladietebolacola Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm looking for both eggs and nests.. nests with eggs and without eggs.. I saw it in one of the early quests fighting kobolds.. can't do an egg collection / gathering quest nor an easter egg hunt event without them..

Also, the open Empty Chest needs a closed version so I can have the players unlock it and open it. The Super Chest and the Mimic chest are different designs that neither of which opens both an open and closed version as well.
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rabbits, Deer, squirrels, snakes, foxes, crocodiles, monkeys.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
    edited March 2014
    Any chance we could have a bright orange? The ones in the foundry are very dull.
  • elderdayselderdays Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A kobold leader rouge and sorcerer.
    More dungeon vermin like rats fire beetles and oozes.
    Blackguards and evil cultists.
    Wilderness encounters such as owlbears treants and dire animals.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chroma key black (without the fade at the edges that depthfade has)

sound - coins jangling, audible snoring sounds, audible drinking + pouring sounds (separate, the one we have is a combination of the two), exasperation, excitement (basically sounds for all the emotes, but as sound fx so they can be used in conversation(appear when:dialog))
    sounds for a spell being cast (we dont have these?!)

FX - "Zoom to Boss" in a lot of the quests, when you encounter a boss (marker? door? "boss room"?) the camera will zoom past all the environment and give you a zoom look at the boss encounter + costume. I'd like to be able to use this.. Zoom to Object/Encounter .. It'd be so cool to draw the players attention to stuff a la 'The Mentalist' ;D

Also we need to be able to use the HR in the foundry. not all the classes are required, but I have a quest with a skill: nature, and I have *no way* to test it unless I publish and use an HR. =*(

edit: added sounds
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • overoceaoverocea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Unicorns! I'm making a quest about unicorns but can't put any actual unicorns in it! What fun.

Modify terrain (come on I can do it in The Sims!)

More everyday sound effects.

A natural looking pre-fab pond. Water planes just don't work outside where the ground isn't perfectly flat.

A more natural way to do puzzles.

Some way to talk to a non-standard sized NPC without zooming in on their chest hair instead of their face >_<
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    overocea wrote: »
    a) Modify terrain (come on I can do it in The Sims!)

b) A natural looking pre-fab pond. Water planes just don't work outside where the ground isn't perfectly flat.

c) Some way to talk to a non-standard sized NPC without zooming in on their chest hair instead of their face >_<

a) You can sort of "build up" terrain using giant boulders and cliffs and such -- not as easy as "modify terrain" elsewhere however.

b) build up terrain around it using giant boulders/grassy assets -- or search around for maps that have a small usable dip in them.

c) when initiating contact with npc you could Appear When a small 10'x10'x10 invisible wall beneath the players feet to "boost them" up to desired height and then Disappear When after dialog complete. I've done similar to boost a player out of a pit/hole, and "zoom in" a bit by putting invisible wall carefully behind camera.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd like a way to change the default Sounds/Warcries on encounters.

Just like the Costume: entry, there should be a Warcry: entry.

I'd *LOVE* to use redcap powrie, thorns, and giantsouls with different costumes because they have such unique encounter attacks.

EXCEPT they whine like little annoying gremlins, and the sound doesnt transfer over to aNY other costume. (Imagine a spider squeaking insults at you..)

Ditto the Rohini and their female voices/other sounds coming from mob encounters aFTER you've changed costumes - They don't make any sense!
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • overoceaoverocea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    c) when initiating contact with npc you could Appear When a small 10'x10'x10 invisible wall beneath the players feet to "boost them" up to desired height and then Disappear When after dialog complete. I've done similar to boost a player out of a pit/hole, and "zoom in" a bit by putting invisible wall carefully behind camera.
    oh my goodness eldarth. I spent an hour trying to get this to work after reading your advice in this thread. I just could *not* get it to work! I don't know if I was just positioning them wrong, but it seems that no matter where I put the invisible wall(s), the POV camera had the *exact* same position every time.
    I ended up just getting my npc (a pit fiend) to kneel for all of the dialog after the first contact.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    overocea wrote: »
    oh my goodness eldarth. I spent an hour trying to get this to work after reading your advice in this thread. I just could *not* get it to work! I don't know if I was just positioning them wrong, but it seems that no matter where I put the invisible wall(s), the POV camera had the *exact* same position every time.
    I ended up just getting my npc (a pit fiend) to kneel for all of the dialog after the first contact.

Yeah, it can be pretty tricky positioning - it's gotta be pretty precise. I haven't actually tried "raising" a PC during contact dialog, but if I can lift them out of a 20' pit, it should work for a few feet.

Also gotta remember the different invisible walls have different handle positions so you really need to make sure where the handle is and that the whole thing isn't below ground, or above their heads, etc.

Actually, since they are facing/talking to contact you could probably use a "real" wall or pedestal or something to make sure you can actually see where it will Appear When.