test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What to do ingame?

gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
I played this game since beta and I finished the Dread Ring (it was okay, better then Sharandar). I did VT like 50 times or so and CN/GG like 1000 times.Also did all the other dungeons many times.

What exactly are we supposed to do until Module3? I tried PVP the last few days but really, its so sooo boring. Its a serious question. I love the game but I have nothing to do in it for the moment. I'm trying really hard to find something that can keep me in the game.

Any suggestions? And please don't suggest the Winter-event because that was almost fun the first 5 minutes.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I take it you're not an altaholic.

I wish I had your problem.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Altaholic? :p

You mean creating more alts, different classes and races? Well wouldn't I still do the same thing over and over, just with a different class? I don't see how that would make the game more fun for me tbh.. :P

• vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I jump arround in PE alot, so that is an option for you
  • mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Playing alts is never the "same thing. " If you play all classes the same way, good luck.
    As for the current topic, if you have all your enchants, runes, and artifacts maxed, then you're done. =p
  • xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This game realy do need more endgame content and better pvp.
    think cryptic should take a look at another PWE game Forsaken World and copy a few things of that
    for example would be great with something like Godstrail wher players has chance to win High Level Enhancements a few times everyday and Weekly GvG and we realy do need better dungeons the current ones with a 1 or 2 exeptions are all about not get killed by trash spawns. *working on another 60 but it starts to get very borring now.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You are just outplaying the developer's in terms of your play speed and their development speed. Same arguments and concerns with Star Trek and Champions back in the day. Now both of those have so much content players can go silly wondering which to do next.

The content will come, eventually. And ditto the idea of trying a different class - though the story and map content is the same, the actual play style can be very different on each. Of course, that only matters if gameplay challenge is your goal. </snark=on> But if it's the intellectual stimulation you need, perhaps a good book to bide your time is a better idea? </snark=off> (Yes, I'm being quippy here, but honestly: this same question and scenario is brought up a bit too often I think).
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No highly difficult raids with truly epic rewards, no ladders for PvP, no rankings, just more farm of that same single instance, and for you DK as well since you're Delzoun.

This equates to an almost non-existing endgame artificially prolonged only by the amount of time it takes you to farm high level enchants/artifacts, basically.

Game is still young though, true. However... the problem is that it still has to do better than the competition to keep us here.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As someone in a similar spot (6 toons, 14.2K+++ GS, etc), I am buying pets and leveling up artifacts by farming CN (for diamonds) and MC (for items).

Since you can no longer throw at draco, the draco fight is much more interesting, you can take varried composistions and still win, and it is actually a bit challanging. That's keeping the game alive for me right now.

After i gear it all out, might wait for mod 3 as well. I can see how it gets tiresome.

I would love ladders and more maps and more modes for PvP. It shouldn't be 80% faceroll pugs, 15% get facerolled by a high end PvP guild, 5% good match. That's silly.

As for PvE, I don't need anything but the MC jewlery (minor upgrade). the DL sets and MC sets are underwhelming, and quite honestly, every fight but valindra and draco is faceroll easy. so....

I actually kinda feel the same way here. I am just going to customize pets and enchants for a while,then see what happens.
    edited January 2014
    Well Module 3 needs to be really special and bring allot more content for both pvp and pve if they want me to stay. Elder Scrolls Online is released in April so I probably go there if M3 is as disappointing as M2 was.

Maybe I come back to Neverwinter after summer or so.

• sylenthundersylenthunder Member Posts: 568 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I usually find that exploring new classes, alternative builds, or even just the many different Foundries is very exiting.

It also helps to have a nice faction and group of friends to play with and do DD's and other events with just to farm.

If you're really bored, it's time to find something else to do :p
    edited January 2014
    I have a guild and we are all bored of the game. :P

• slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Work on you rank 10s perfects

Already done?

Work on your next toon till you have one of each class

Done that?

Gear them up to rank 10s and perfects

No **** you got all this as well?

PVP

Pvp too boring? Oh **** it is :D Nothing you can do for now, log off and go watch a movie.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Already done?

Done that?

PVP

Pvp too boring? Oh **** it is :D Nothing you can do for now, log off and go watch a movie.

This is more work than my IRL job by far :)
    edited January 2014

Already done?

Done that?

PVP

I have one toon, with 8/9s. There is no way I spending time to lvl up and gear more than one. The game is way to boring for that. It would just be like farming CN a million times more for AD with a new toon. And my guild Dont really need other toons.

• radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well I love to craft items and farm some in the Dread Ring or Sharadar and look for new players in PE, then I give them the stuff, answer their questions and the best part is that I make new Friends and enhance the game for all.

You would be really surprised on how grateful and friendly new players are. It does not take very long to do this and I find it extremely satisfying knowing and hoping that somehow I have made this game better for the entire Community.

The only thing I do NOT do, is Power Level them as you all know leveling in this game is pretty easy and fast.

Believe me, the surprise you get is awesome and some are just bewildered that their are players out there that help out.
    edited January 2014
    ejziponken wrote: »
    I have one toon, with 8/9s. There is no way I spending time to lvl up and gear more than one. The game is way to boring for that. It would just be like farming CN a million times more for AD with a new toon. And my guild Dont really need other toons.

If you only have one toon I strongly recommend you to create another one, different class ofc. It is some what fun to do all the dungeons and stuff with a different class hence the play style difference.

But when you have more than 3 it becomes boring, I am still working on my 5th and it feels like torture lol.
  • halrloprillalarhalrloprillalar Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I only have one thing to say:

can I haz ur stuffs?
    edited January 2014
    If you only have one toon I strongly recommend you to create another one, different class ofc. It is some what fun to do all the dungeons and stuff with a different class hence the play style difference.

But when you have more than 3 it becomes boring, I am still working on my 5th and it feels like torture lol.

Im not creating another toon because I don't have the time or will to invest in something I know I cant get geared up etc (Want BiS etc). For an example, the companions I have on one toon I cant use on the new one. I spent soooo much AD and time getting them to lvl 30 epic so I wont be able to do that on a new toon.

I rather have one toon with good gear, enchants, companions etc than 5 without all that. When I play a game I want to be the best. That means all focus into one toon.

I would make a new toon if the companions were accountbound, because then I could just move everything from my first to me 2nd.. :P

edited January 2014
    Im not creating another toon because I don't have the time or will to invest in something I know I cant get geared up etc (Want BiS etc). For an example, the companions I have on one toon I cant use on the new one. I spent soooo much AD and time getting them to lvl 30 epic so I wont be able to do that on a new toon.

I rather have one toon with good gear, enchants, companions etc than 5 without all that. When I play a game I want to be the best. That means all focus into one toon.

I would make a new toon if the companions were accountbound, because then I could just move everything from my first to me 2nd.. :P

You can still enjoy games without BIS, some class simply don't need much to be effective in PVE, providing you know how to play that class.

It is kind of no point of being the best in PVE since you can beat those content with the best or the second best or the average if you know what I mean. And if you team is bad being the best PVE player on your class would not change the fact that you gonna fail, you can't solo the boss.

For example. I only use stone with rank5s and rank6 on my cw, I do have a perfect vorpal. But my dmg is god like, yes I lose to those 16k+ gs cw because they are 9s/10s legendary artifacts 5 companion and blah blah blah. But I only lose 10%-15% max in DPS chart and those are like the best CW in server so I have done my part fairly well. I am always a budget F2P player and I assure you it works fine in PVE.
    edited January 2014
    You can still enjoy games without BIS, some class simply don't need much to be effective in PVE, providing you know how to play that class.

It is kind of no point of being the best in PVE since you can beat those content with the best or the second best or the average if you know what I mean. And if you team is bad being the best PVE player on your class would not change the fact that you gonna fail, you can't solo the boss.

Well my guild has all the classes already and we are doing CN/VT without a healer.

• antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I played this game since beta and I finished the Dread Ring (it was okay, better then Sharandar). I did VT like 50 times or so and CN/GG like 1000 times.Also did all the other dungeons many times.

What exactly are we supposed to do until Module3? I tried PVP the last few days but really, its so sooo boring. Its a serious question. I love the game but I have nothing to do in it for the moment. I'm trying really hard to find something that can keep me in the game.

Any suggestions? And please don't suggest the Winter-event because that was almost fun the first 5 minutes.

There are lots of Foundry quests you could play. If you have done all the featured ones then you can use the other tabs. Also people post quests under the foundry forum.

Obviously I suggest my own but there are many many good ones.
    edited January 2014
    Well my guild has all the classes already and we are doing CN/VT without a healer.

It seems to me you shut out the options you can have to enjoy this game. Why would this has anything to do with your guild has all classes and doing CN/VT without healer? I play cw for a long time and I grow really bored no matter playing it in PVP or PVE so I started to get more toon and different class, problem solved. Still I pve mostly on cw but having different class is a huge plus.

Can u eat peanut butter sandwich only for a week? No i would freak out.

How about once a day? Awesome!