test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New class: Scourge Warlock?

aiquesacoaiquesaco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
I found this item "Boots of the Shadowmancer" to class "Scourge Warlock". Could this be a class to be implemented in the future?

warlockk.jpg
Typical trickster rogue carioca (Rio de Janeiro/ Brasil), always with the flash of a smile and a hidden dagger.
19.jpg
Post edited by aiquesaco on

Comments

• bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Yep. There was some datamining done that showed it's in the game complete with powers. Well it, and the Archery Ranger but it only has two abilities.
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    Well the tempest (melee) ranger is the 6th planned class (they said that going to be the next one to be released) and I expect the Warlock is the 7th, and most likely bow Ranger in 8th.
  • gorlotwoaxegorlotwoaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    Well the tempest (melee) ranger is the 6th planned class (they said that going to be the next one to be released) and I expect the Warlock is the 7th, and most likely bow Ranger in 8th.

Haven't seen that about the tempest Ranger, the general assumption I've seen was that the Bow Ranger and Warlock were coming... anyway it's a mistake. They need to add a 2nd healer class before they add all these DPS classes (and then a 2nd tank class). If you're going to use the holy trinity, you need to make sure the class distribution is equally balanced. With the five announced classes you have 1 healer, 1 tank, 1 nominal CC class, and 2 DPS classes... what happens when you add 2 (or 3?! if this comment is correct, though it surely cannot be) DPS classes? You have a bunch of DPS players waiting around for tanks and healers.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Haven't seen that about the tempest Ranger, the general assumption I've seen was that the Bow Ranger and Warlock were coming... anyway it's a mistake. They need to add a 2nd healer class before they add all these DPS classes (and then a 2nd tank class). If you're going to use the holy trinity, you need to make sure the class distribution is equally balanced. With the five announced classes you have 1 healer, 1 tank, 1 nominal CC class, and 2 DPS classes... what happens when you add 2 (or 3?! if this comment is correct, though it surely cannot be) DPS classes? You have a bunch of DPS players waiting around for tanks and healers.

I'd rather an Archer Ranger as the next ranged class, and for melee, the Battle Cleric.
  • astrosicebearastrosicebear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited March 2013

I would imagine the Scourge Warlock would be a secondary healing (self healing, or funnel healing, siphoning, etc.)
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    a warlock could tank or heal if the developers do it right (not sure how AD&D/D&D this would be).

Healing could be done via a minion or by life-taping themselves to heal others (not very lock-y but meh it's different).
    Tank can be done by turning into a demon for direct tank or via a summoned.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • oliinoliin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would imagine the Scourge Warlock would be a secondary healing (self healing, or funnel healing, siphoning, etc.)

Yea, I guess Warlocks have some self healing powers in their lineup (and the infernal pact gives some temp HPs), but unless they're going to abandon all pretense of being based on 4ed D&D, the Scourge Warlock will most likely be pretty much full-bore DPS.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    this is what forgotten realms has on the subject
    Scourge warlockEdit
    Preferring raw power to subtlety, scourge warlocks are tougher than the average warlock, possessing a powerful constitution, which often supercedes their intellect and charisma. Scourge warlocks foster this capacity for endurance purposefully, channeling their vitality into the deadly invocations they wield. This comes at the cost of often endangering oneself, either in close combat or through the sheer lethality of their powers, but scourge warlocks are typically more than capable of wielding their dangerous spells safely. Most scourge warlocks are beholden to devils or horrors of the Far Realm, though exceptions exist.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Warlock#Scourge_warlock
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In a recent interview with the Producer of NWO, he did mention that all the classes are in the game in bits and pieces and they have been toying with them trying to get a proper feel for which five they're going to launch with... I just hope we get some more classes sooner rather than later.
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I agree, we need paladins and warlords before we should get warlock and ranger. But I may be biased cause I really want a Dragonborn Warlord to be my main.
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    You know I'd actually forgotten Warlord was a class until I looked in the PhB a week or so ago. Shows how much of an impact it made on me at the time. Honestly what I'd like to see is this for classes. This is considering that the Builds we've seen are the launch classes.

1. Scourge Warlock
    2. Archery Ranger
    3. Protecting Paladin
    4. Inspiring Warlord.
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ehhh, If I was going to list them in priority for me personally....

1) Assassin Rogue
    2) Assassin Rogue
    3) Assassin Rogue
    4) OK you can throw a Defender Paladin in there and a Ranged Ranger after that they do need the Warlock (a striker caster) along with another controller, preferably the Druid, and another option for a leader. Personally I would rather have a Bard than a Warlord. Somewhere way down my list is the Tempest Ranger. Once Bard and a Ranged Ranger are in though an Arcane Archer would be a nice flavor choice.
  • mikells1988mikells1988 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Ranger already segued into Neverwinter as the next class. Archer/Ranger I believe the class is (haven't logged on for a while). I really hope Scourge Warlock is next. I really loved playing my Warlock in my friend's D&D sessions (until another member of the group unjustly, imo, MURDERED HER!!! still fuming). After that I wouldn't mind seeing Avenger or Shaman or Warlord. Warlord would probably be the one I'd want to see next, then Shaman
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Your all wrong it will be the MONK class that hits next. Monk exel in mental training and is of no need of gear but develops skills with lvls. As they are in no need of gear and has a natural high movement speed they dont have to spend alot of real money to get the horses gear etc .. no wait eum or maby not ....
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Ranger already segued into Neverwinter as the next class. Archer/Ranger I believe the class is (haven't logged on for a while).

This thread is from March last year , why'd you have to go and necro it?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    How about we use this thread instead, please. Thanks!
    (Closed for Necromancy)
This discussion has been closed.