test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Campaign Items Should be Account Bound

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
Things like Crescents, and Feywild Sparks should be account bound. It's very taxing to run the campaigns multiple times for different characters - very boring and redundant.

It would make doing these runs much less unpleasant if we could share these items with our other characters.

Help us out devs! Please!
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    +1 and add to that seals as well...
  • eridthoreridthor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree, maybe a small cost in gold to convert from character bound to account bound to add another use for gold, and to stop people from just farming them on their 16k main and handing out the items to alts. I'm totally in favor of account bound with no restrictions but Cryptic/PWE doesn't seem to like giving things away without taking something in return, and we need more uses for gold.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No, It's a time sink of doing dailies. You remove the time sink and you get people leaving the game from lack of things to do. If anything we need more.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    No, It's a time sink of doing dailies. You remove the time sink and you get people leaving the game from lack of things to do. If anything we need more.

This is a VERY cheap method of artificially extending stuff to work on.

Add more content, and make it HARD, with truly epic rewards. Raids, PvP ladders.
    edited January 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    This is a VERY cheap method of artificially extending stuff to work on.

Add more content, and make it HARD, with truly epic rewards. Raids, PvP ladders.

Or do it all for an even better game.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Overall, I enjoy the campaigns, but there are some fixes that should be implemented:

1. If the Dread Legion skirmish is going to drop a weapon transmute, (which is BoP), then at least make sure it is always for the class I'm actually playing. Otherwise, make is account-bound.

2. Blue items from the various instances within the campaign should AT LEAST be equal to, if not better than, regular blues you can get from normal enemies. There is quite the discrepancy between the number of stat points between the blues normal enemies can drop, and what's in the end-of-instance chests. At the very least, also make them free to transmute items, since they have unique appearances.

3. Related to 2 above, there are T1 purple items that you can buy from the various vendors in each campaign - these too have worse/fewer stat points than some blue pieces normal enemies drop, and cost upwards of 10K ADs + various campaign materials. Again, since they have unique looks, making them free to transmute would at least give them some other use.

In general, it's a fun distraction for the 20-30 mins it takes to run the dailies, but beyond that, the entertainment factor drops off quickly...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

If these items where account bound, there would be no reason that you would be forced to swap them, so this is irrelevant.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have all my gauntlets and VT unlocked, after i unlocked all my boon why should i trade extra ciphers with scrip? i have no idea where to use the script after i get all my boon. Make them account bound!
    edited January 2014
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    If these items where account bound, there would be no reason that you would be forced to swap them, so this is irrelevant.

No but no company can pour out content fast enough to keep players from getting bored no matter how hard they make the content. So the answer to that is artificial slowdowns to save players from themselves.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    No but no company can pour out content fast enough to keep players from getting bored no matter how hard they make the content. So the answer to that is artificial slowdowns to save players from themselves.

So if a new class comes out i have to start all over again? Sry but it is pretty stupid that i cant use my already gain items, this system does not encourage me to play more, it encourage me to play alot less.. in first part i;ve made 5 toons one of each class and i was pretty happy playing with all of them as there wasnt so big of a difference even in pvp... in module 1 i;ve dropped to 3 classes while now in module 2 i only play one class... since is no way in hell i;m going to buy another 25 pets for the rest of them or do the campaigns another 5 times or lvl 3 artifacts for each. In fact instead of keeping me hooked they are pushing me away... if by any chance this class i am playing now becomes underpar due to various reasons i might just very well quit because i just wont spend money everytime a new class comes along for all of those items.
  • inquisitorrahlinquisitorrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

While I'm not saying the stuff should be account bound, asking for more dailies is probably a bad thing considering what just went down with the huge backlash against rampant daily quest demands of a certain other MMO. They learned their lesson and have greatly toned down dailies in the last part of the current expansion and I'm going to bet their next one will probably have less too.
    Father McGruder - Scrub geared DPS DC - I kick HAMSTER for the Lord!

Explosivo - Scrub geared MoF CW - Climb upon my BIG ASSED steed....
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Campaigns are kinda grindy, but in Sharandar, the only thing there's any reason to end up with an excess of is crescents, which you can spend on potions. The three kinds of tokens from the dailies can basically be collected at leisure once you have all the realms unlocked, as long as you're consistent about getting your sparks (that daily takes under 10 minutes doing an easy circuit of redcap mobs, depending on how fast the crystals drop for you). Overcoming the time limit of the spark wall is what takes the longest about completing Sharandar. Just watch your requirements and manage what quests you do accordingly. Unless you're trying to do repeatable Sharandar tasks, there's no reason to keep questing there once all boons are complete, since you can keep obtaining dark fey keys by simply keeping a lair quest active.

As for Dread Ring, I'm mostly just getting started on this one, but as far as I can tell, it's really forgiving as long as you're consistent about doing the daily lairs. Knox's weekly for more scrolls basically completes itself while you do other things (even if it's just three days of lairs, as each one harbours a valid wizard). Since all the dailies award nothing but scripts, you don't need to worry about doing the right ones, and because there are so many, and their objectives can be stacked (one wizard could drop multiple quest items), you can accept them and then do a whole bunch as time permits. So far, I've been able to make up any shortage of scripts this leisurely approach has created by cashing in the bounty items which I've picked up naturally. And if you do end up with cases of shortage and surplus, the bounty items can be mailed. I can see why you'd want to keep farming the lairs for loot even once you wrap the campaign, but I don't so much see why it's such a hardship to do this with different characters and let them earn their own stuff, assuming you do actually play all of them actively. It amounts to the same number of playthroughs either way, whether you get the ciphers and scrolls on one character or many.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia