test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we remove Soulforged from PvP?

inquisitorrahlinquisitorrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
Or at least make it have a 5 min CD in PvP matches? I can't recall how many times my scrubby geared CW has outplayed someone only to watch them stand back up, PvP trinket and heal up. Trying to push people off points when they keep getting back up on the spot is just..annoying. Just had a 5 man premade where everyone had Soulforged and probably 13K+ GS(my CW has 8800)....I was quite literally losing to gear and gear alone. I don't mind it usually, but Soulforged just seems...it just doesn't belong in PvP.

Am I alone in this or does everyone just roll with it and pay money to get it?
Father McGruder - Scrub geared DPS DC - I kick HAMSTER for the Lord!

Explosivo - Scrub geared MoF CW - Climb upon my BIG ASSED steed....
Post edited by inquisitorrahl on

Comments

• eridthoreridthor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It annoys me too. I will admit I sold the greater barkshield on my main and got a regular soulforged, but that was because I felt that I had to in order to remain competitive in pvp.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Can we ban the Vorpal too? It's ridiculous what freaking numbers can someone output with this.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Am I alone in this or does everyone just roll with it and pay money to get it?

You don't need to pay money to get it. I have one, and I've spent money on just a few things in the game, character slots, stones for my 60's, and an epic mount. All you need to do to get soulforged and coal wards is play the game.
  • jdenn01jdenn01 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Careful what you ask for. If you put a ban on one enchantment then we may get a ban on them all. As for soulforge, I have no trouble killing em twice with my GF. I think it a waste in PvP, PvE it is great to get back up every 90 sec. PvP, well it shows in their icon bar so just keep on em and they just die again. Now barkshield, I love that one myself.
  • pochemoanepochemoane Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yes soulforged is annoying but it's part of the game and anyone can get it. it's not even one of the most expensive + a lesser is enough usually
    Just had a 5 man premade where everyone had Soulforged and probably 13K+ GS(my CW has 8800)....I was quite literally losing to gear and gear alone.

and what is wrong with this situation? except the fact that 8k+ shouldn't be put in same match as 13k+. that's a huge difference and you should complain only when you get at that lvl of gear and still find it unfair.
    edited January 2014
    jdenn01 wrote: »
    Careful what you ask for. If you put a ban on one enchantment then we may get a ban on them all. As for soulforge, I have no trouble killing em twice with my GF. I think it a waste in PvP, PvE it is great to get back up every 90 sec. PvP, well it shows in their icon bar so just keep on em and they just die again. Now barkshield, I love that one myself.

Depends on the level of soulforged, Lesser soulforged is less useful, however getting into greater etc on a tankier class and it's pretty powerful, especially if you have the pvp artifact and pop that as soon as you get back up.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't use a soulforge on my main pvp set. But I just have to say, if you're complaining about it, then get one yourself, it's so easily accessible.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited January 2014
    Soulforge is to armor what Vorpal is to weapons, its the one enchant that just simply outshines the rest by far...is it annoying? sure but its here to stay, and honestly all you really need is a lesser to be competitive which isnt too expensive

Also 8800? Are you in freaking greens?...Because just with blues which are like 100AD a piece if that you can easily hit 10k... My HR had 12.2k and was still using Blues lol...
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Soulforged is not best. I switched to barkskin after the patch on my cleric. Against good players all that happens is I die, fall down, and die again without ever getting another cast off.
  • inquisitorrahlinquisitorrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Soulforge is to armor what Vorpal is to weapons, its the one enchant that just simply outshines the rest by far...is it annoying? sure but its here to stay, and honestly all you really need is a lesser to be competitive which isnt too expensive

Also 8800? Are you in freaking greens?...Because just with blues which are like 100AD a piece if that you can easily hit 10k... My HR had 12.2k and was still using Blues lol...

I have Mulhorand weapon, rest blues and a couple epics that I got off AH. I don't know what you're talking about, you're probably wearing rank 8+'s I'm assuming. New players wouldn't have those, nor would they have the AD to afford weapon/armor enchants within a few weeks of play.

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2014

HR's blue gear has too much stats on it, it almost equals T2 gear.

New Soulforged is simply uncounterable. Before, you could burst down your target before it pops or use SE. The new one always resurrects you no matter what an enemy is trying to do, you're getting temporary CC and damage immunity after it procs, so you can easily dodge away. It has become must have in pve too.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited January 2014
    I have Mulhorand weapon, rest blues and a couple epics that I got off AH. I don't know what you're talking about, you're probably wearing rank 8+'s I'm assuming. New players wouldn't have those, nor would they have the AD to afford weapon/armor enchants within a few weeks of play.

I started playing my gwf a couple weeks ago, capped about a week ago, have only spent real money on a stone, and an epic mount. I have only spent the ad that he himself has earned. I have my bags taken care of, a blue pvp artifact, a purple waters artifact, 13kgs, mostly rank 8's except for utility which are using rank 4 darks, and a lesser soulforged and lesser vorpal.

Getting stuff is not as hard as people make it out to be.
  • hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

To be honest I wouldn't mind if we just got to keep our general gear stats in PVP. No enchantments benefits granted. Seems like it'd be a bit more balanced, newer players wouldn't get steamrolled by the people who have nothing better to do than PvP and grind up their enchantments.
  • inquisitorrahlinquisitorrahl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    I started playing my gwf a couple weeks ago, capped about a week ago, have only spent real money on a stone, and an epic mount. I have only spent the ad that he himself has earned. I have my bags taken care of, a blue pvp artifact, a purple waters artifact, 13kgs, mostly rank 8's except for utility which are using rank 4 darks, and a lesser soulforged and lesser vorpal.

Getting stuff is not as hard as people make it out to be.

Hard does not equal time consuming. How many hours would you say you play a day? Did you give your GWF refining goods for your artifacts and enchants from your mains? Certianly possible I'm sure, especially with someone who already knows all the ins and out of this game. I myself and finding it harder and harder to want to log in and spend time, the Sharandar and Dreadzone dailies are already wearing me out. I thought WoW dailies were tedious..

I still only have 8800 and I've bought gear off the AH. You don't get 12k just by wearing blues off the AH, it's not mathematically possible. I just don't like when people talk junk.

• doublegibsdoublegibs Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Careful what you ask for. If you put a ban on one enchantment then we may get a ban on them all.

Well...

Here's an idea. PVP leagues!
    Mortal Tier: No enchants, GS is averaged out among players. (You can still have higher defense or crit than other players, but not by much) Normal glory reward.

Titan Tier: No armor or weapon special enchants, gear score is unrestricted. Higher glory reward

GODS TIER: Pray the person you're playing against isn't rich. Highest glory reward
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . .Closing this. There has to be a better, more constructive way to discuss PvP mechanics than demanding a nerf or the removal of a gameplay element. I strongly suggest to look at and discuss things in the other PvP threads.
This discussion has been closed.