test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daily Foundry now requires 4 quests per day!?

verticalblankverticalblank Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
A bit earlier tonight I accepted the Daily Foundry quest at a promised 2/day, planning to do a couple (a) because I enjoy them but mostly (b) for the AD. Upon completing the first, I returned to Protector's Enclave only to find that the requirement had increased to 4 per day behind my back. WTF!

I could just about swallow the increase to 2/day but at 4/day I simply cannot find time to fit foundry quests in with my regular gameplay.

I really cannot understand PW's motives in increasing the requirement to 4/day and I do feel a bit :mad: that the increase was retrospectively applied to me after I had accepted it at a promise of 2/day.

Is PW trying to kill off the foundry or something?
Post edited by verticalblank on

Comments

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wasn't it always 4 at 60? I know when your lower lvls its less. IDK haven't done that daily in monthes.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • verticalblankverticalblank Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah, I did level up to 51 during the quest. Maybe that's it.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Did you level up to 60 while you were Questing?
    Because at lower levels it is 2 missions for 2,000 A.D. and at 60 it is 4 missions for 4,000 A.D.
    The same thing happens with PvP.
    Personally, I think they should have it set to 1,000 A.D. per mission up to eight missions, allowing those who WANT to do more of the things to do so, while allowing those of us who can only stomach, say, three of the things to get paid for that.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You can still turn in the old daily, but the new ones you accept will require completion of four.

Note that the requisite quests do not need to be completed in a single day, and you can do them over whatever time period is comfortable and still turn it in for some rough ADs (also the Lord Protector foundry daily you'll get access to at 60 will come up in the cycle an average of once per week but pay out double).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zhjonin76zhjonin76 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    at level 60 you have to do 4 foundries for the astros and has been since beta. Even if you level while questing, if you have the daily where you need to complete two (or less) you will have it until you complete it, this is the same for pvp foundries and the daily dungeons (make sure to accept all of those while questin! once you hit 60 you can do the epic version and get credit for the daily for a nice little chunk of astros plus a chance at some epic loot)
    edited January 2014
    You can still turn in the old daily, but the new ones you accept will require completion of four.

Hmm, that doesn't match my experience. Accepted a 2/day daily at lvl 50, leveled to 51 inside the first quest, completed it, then returned to Protector's Enclave to find that the daily that I had accepted had changed to 4/day behind my back. Hence my surprise.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are you sure you picked up 2/2 and not 4/4 at 50? Cause those bracketed quests work similar to the PVP brackets like 30-39, 40-49, 50-59. Except the 50-59 bracket get the same dailies as 60 Im like 99.9% certain.

Maybe you like had the 2/2 at 49, then turned 50 picked up the 4/4. Somewhere turned in the 2/2 and just forgot?
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • bobbyk45238bobbyk45238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited January 2014
    I have to agree. Four foundry quests is a bit too much. I'd rather have the daily be one for 1000 AD. Simple enough?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The four dailies required is why I typically wait till i have the rhix foundry daily and the lord protector foundry daily and run both at once.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmm, that doesn't match my experience. Accepted a 2/day daily at lvl 50, leveled to 51 inside the first quest, completed it, then returned to Protector's Enclave to find that the daily that I had accepted had changed to 4/day behind my back. Hence my surprise.

Some of these dailies I save up (foundry and pvp) and never actually do them until level 60, at which point I'll meet the highest requirement at some point and turn them all in.

I cannot say if it behaves differently if you level in-progress, but my experience is that once a daily is in your journal, you should be able to complete it at any time (a few dungeon and skirmish ones are buggy and can't be turned in at all though). I solo dungeons long after outlevelling their queues and fulfill the (very old) daily that way, have turned in skirmish dailies from Call to Arms weekend events, and so forth.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    The four dailies required is why I typically wait till i have the rhix foundry daily and the lord protector foundry daily and run both at once.

This is a good tip. Also, if you think about it, nothing really changed. Early on, you can do 1 foundry for 1000 AD per day. Later, it's 2 per day for 2000 AD. Now, if you want, you can still do one a day, turn it in once you've done the two and it still nets you 1000 AD per day. Same with 4 per day at 4000AD. Just do one a day. Do two if you want a rate of 2000 per day, etc. This is just a way for you to earn more AD per day at higher levels if you wish to put in the effort.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have to agree. Four foundry quests is a bit too much. I'd rather have the daily be one for 1000 AD. Simple enough?

So.. Do one a day. Collect your reward at the end of 4 days. Net result = 1 daily for 1000 AD.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks you have to do all 4 in one day. If you want the full 4k sure. But if you're happy doing 1 a day for 1k reward then having to do 4 changes nothing other than when you can collect.
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A bit earlier tonight I accepted the Daily Foundry quest at a promised 2/day, planning to do a couple (a) because I enjoy them but mostly (b) for the AD. Upon completing the first, I returned to Protector's Enclave only to find that the requirement had increased to 4 per day behind my back. WTF!

I could just about swallow the increase to 2/day but at 4/day I simply cannot find time to fit foundry quests in with my regular gameplay.

I really cannot understand PW's motives in increasing the requirement to 4/day and I do feel a bit :mad: that the increase was retrospectively applied to me after I had accepted it at a promise of 2/day.

Is PW trying to kill off the foundry or something?

Here Cryptic clearly tells they don't want elaborate foundries. A duration of one hour or two would be fine for a foundry with a story, a scenario, an atmosphere,a world. But with an AD reward that requires four foundries completed, Cryptic makes sure that the players will ignore these well-written foundries and just rush the ones that last 15 minutes.
    edited January 2014

Thanks all for help. Now that you've educated me, I suspect that some server disconnects I suffered between accepting a 2/day daily at lvl 50 and levelling to 51 may have thrown things out of joint. And now that I know that I don't have to finish all the foundry quests the same day, I'm a lot happier.