test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Festival - More Rewards!

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited January 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey Adventurers!

Today marks the beginning of the Winter Festival’s Zenith. In celebration of this, we’re introducing new items, doubling the Lights of Simril awarded from quests and rewards, and bringing Star of Fortunes to the Tarmalune Trade Bar store!

Learn more about it here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1074231
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi,

Thank you for adding new Winter Festival Profession Items. Unfortunately It appears that you have neglected to include a way for your players to utilize the thousands upon thousands of light pods they have accumulated during the early stage of the festival.

If you could add a few more profession tasks, perhaps one that would let us refine 100+ pods and motes at a time, we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
  • Options
    dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    " You can now get your fortune multiple times a day, "
    So when does this start? Mine still showing 15hrs until I can activate the quest.
    I will check out the tarmalune store as well but would like to be able to get more than one-a-day from the Telescope quest.

TIA.
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • Options
    gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the information, sounds great - but - I just visited the Tarmalune Trader and couldn't find the stars anywhere?

He isn't sold out already now, is he ^^?

And - as already mentioned - the timer for the Fortune Quest is also unchanged.. could you please have a look what went wrong, thanks.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ugh, I'm at office right now, so the proper name escapes me: what are the OTHER Lights Reward (not the Light of Semril) good for? Will they be good for anything, ever?

I have never found a vendor or bounty hunter or anyone, anywhere that accepts them for anything. And they are no transfer, no-delete so we're kind of stuck with them. Am I missing the vendor that takes these things? Or will they be usable in the future? Just asking. :)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ugh, I'm at office right now, so the proper name escapes me: what are the OTHER Lights Reward (not the Light of Semril) good for? Will they be good for anything, ever?

I have never found a vendor or bounty hunter or anyone, anywhere that accepts them for anything. And they are no transfer, no-delete so we're kind of stuck with them. Am I missing the vendor that takes these things? Or will they be usable in the future? Just asking. :)

Light pods? Stars?
  • Options
    guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Totally disappointed at zenith...2 thumbs downs.
  • Options
    luthyrrluthyrr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay where is the bar guy hiding the stars?!!!
  • Options
    vexrmvexrm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Light pods? Stars?

Think he means Ring of Lights and Winterkill Emblems.
  • Options
    stopicanhitustopicanhitu Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    you give us soooooo many light pods and nothing to use them for...they will now just take up more space...toatal failure

do you people not think? or not actually see ?
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Obviously something didn't go live properly with the zenith: Bar vendor still has nothing new, no sign of the ability to get multiple fortunes a day, rewards don't seem consistently doubled...
  • Options
    harkinharkin Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anything from the devs on the "bugs"? Would like to know that you at least are aware of it.
  • Options
    questar333questar333 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And with turning in fish only candlefish get a discount and not any of the others.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vexrm wrote: »

It should be noted that, like the majority of my forum posts, they come from me while at work and thus not able to access content, so if any information below is off, I apologize

I'm pretty sure he does and that's exactly what I came here to ask. These are listed in our token slots and cannot be discarded. Yes, our bag space was expanded and I do appreciate that, but much like runestones I hate having clutter where it's not necessary.

So... what are they good for? I personally have 75 Ring of Lights and 111 winterkill emblems, mostly thanks to SCA. I was hoping that somehow these would get tied into the Dwarven priest and count be used to break down the ring of lights into Lights of Simril so that, y'know, they could serve a function beyond leveling.

As for light pods, they completely still have a use. You turn them into Motes of Light which then you can turn into Light Clusters which are needed to make more hero's feasts. Personally, as I've come to understand that turning in fish is rewarding the same amount of lights (I'm hearing that only winning is rewarding double) that... seems like a waste unless you already have what you want (in which case, imo, why are you still fishing? XD)
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just ran 6 races and in 2 of them i didnt get points(10 pts) from slalom gates.Anyone else got this?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

YESSSSS. THIS. LOL Thank you. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Obviously something didn't go live properly with the zenith: Bar vendor still has nothing new, no sign of the ability to get multiple fortunes a day, rewards don't seem consistently doubled...

I always understood the new "Zenith" changes begin at at 6PM Pacific time. At least that's how it was always listed in the in-game calendar. I could be misremembering, though.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Race /MOI/ Fishing - number of lights are doubled

Turning in Fish to barrels - no change in the number of Lights received

No place to trade in Ring of Lights or Winter Emblems for anything - is this intended?

What to do with the light pods? - literally have thousands and nothing constructive to do with them except converting 4 of them every 2 min into 1 mote. Will a mass conversion task be added later?

Dwarf Priest? Is ther going to be an activity with the priest at the Old Temple?
    Any information would be welcome, thanks
  • Options
    hetz000hetz000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The ingame calendar sais 6 days 22 h remaining for winter festival zenith.
  • Options
    allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2014

^yes! I was wondering the same thing! Aside from using a very small amount of these to level Lightcrafting (which the max is only 3) and crafting an Epic Fishing Pole, they are useless. It would make much more sense to let us spend these on something. Perhaps exchange a given amount of them for Lights of Simril or let us use them as an alternate currency for the Simril event items (obviously scaling the value up to reflect the relative rarity).

Edit: Also, I noticed that others are also wondering what's the deal with the Temple area. It gives me the impression that the event went live in a not-so-complete state.

Some advice for next year:
    Winter event should run a week or more longer.
    All activities in the event area should allow for a chance to earn rewards, such as running the race. When the actual events go live, the rewards should be multiplied. Currently, fishing is the only way to earn rewards between events. Grindy!
    All special event currencies should have items that can be purchased with them.

This is my first Neverwinter seasonal event. All issues and critiques aside, it has been enjoyable so far! I'm looking forward to more in the future!
  • Options
    dataloss1dataloss1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have been looking to see where we get our extra star fortune items but i can not find it anywhere? Anyone have any idea where they are or did this part of the "zenith" not make it in game.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That part of the zenith has not yet made it into the game.
  • Options
    guaraguao34guaraguao34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dataloss1 wrote: »
    I have been looking to see where we get our extra star fortune items but i can not find it anywhere? Anyone have any idea where they are or did this part of the "zenith" not make it in game.

im pretty sure it will be paying for it either zen or bars, i wish im wrong, but wont get my hopes up.
  • Options
    gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited January 2014
    It's supposed to be Tarmalune bars, but - as mentioned before - it's not working yet.

I wish this would be acknowledged by the support team and hopefully they would also give an ETA for a fix.
  • Options
    alyanna7alyanna7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just here to add my voice to the "Zenith isn't actually running as stated and needs to be fixed ASAP" requests.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised by this disappointing start to the zenith event, but my faith in this company is pretty much shot already. It's too bad, it had a lot of potential to be one of my favorite games.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the stars at the tarmalune bar trader issue has been reported to the CMs so hopefully that will be resolved soon. thanks for all the reports!
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Which is all well and good, we thank you for your diligence ... but has there been a response?
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    OH Good..I'll be able to get a pet! TY :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blureelblureel Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am able to purchase the 2 new scarves, but like everyone else, I don't see the stars on the tarmulune trade vendor and the quest for the stars countdown timer still shows the next reset to be at the usual time (2am in my time zone) of 12hrs and 55 min from the time of this post.
  • Options
    lustforkillinlustforkillin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In the summer zenith they had the ability to sell your daily tokens you get for bags of the other currency. The daily items aren't really that good IMO Sleds are ok but 50% sux and Im not paying like 2 million to upgrade to epic (Apparatus of Kwalish is about 400k and an epic 110% mount or they add an appearance mount ability like they have for armor) and the mimic is ok I guess but its only single target aggro and 95% of this game is atleast 3 mobs so you have to aggro them and hope he pulls atleast one off unless they add some way to tell your merc to attack. So nothing really helpful there, however, that healer companion is really helpful and is the only thing Im interested so far in buying. I really hope they add that ability with the Star of Fortune to Bag of lights of Simril or maybe they have and its not live yet like half of the Zenith stuff lol. I can hope I guess~
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok so now that we are at the Zenith, I am less then impressed

EXPECTATIONS - what I was hoping for for the zenith period

Stars from trade bar vendor - YAY! (only real useful thing from zenith, IF they ever get them in the actual store)

Double the lights from turning in fish - FAIL!

Add profession task to send worker out to just gather lights - FAIL! (was in Summer Event)

Add another item to the Star Store allowing people to turn in unused stars for a bag of lights - FAIL! (was in Summer Event)

So out of the 4 things I had hopes of they did 1 - Seriously let down by second part of the event......