test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance - 1/2 7am PST (Pacific) [Completed]

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey adventurers!

We'll be performing this week's maintenance on 1/2, starting at 7am PST (Pacific). There will be no patches for this maintenance, it will only be a restart.

The expected downtime is 60 minutes but may be extended due to unforeseen circumstannces.

When is maintenance for you? Click here to find out.

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1: 7:08 AM PST Maintenance has begun. We'll have another update for everyone in about 30 mins.
Update 2: 7:39 AM PST Maintenance is progressing as planned. Hopefully everything will be up and running very soon.
Update 3: 8:00 AM PST Maintenance has completed. Servers are now back online.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I figured there was some type of maintenance today, but the launcher didn't have the usual red box announcement.
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
  • Options
    battiermossbattiermoss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    RIGHT as i collected my professions and was about to set new ones :mad:
  • Options
    puppy1243puppy1243 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So thats why ive been getting connection timed out...
  • Options
    jksgsakfsodshgjksgsakfsodshg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I blame all the archers making green fountains :mad:
  • Options
    wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    it was due to happen today, i just wasn't sure what time. today kicks off the bonus lights of simril or something like that, it was on the calendar.
  • Options
    gillypudgillypud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And I thought you guys had purposely set server maintenance for NW and STO at different times so I'd still have something to play...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    what are the green fountains? ive been noticing them
  • Options
    wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    puppy1243 wrote: »

same here, i have a Hunter Ranger started but she's only level 7, i think. i've been working too much in the Winter Festival while it lasts before i go back to her character.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    so what are the green fountains? o.O
  • Options
    yeahnubbyyeahnubby Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They're from an HR daily, Seismic Shot. It's animation will sometimes get stuck and cause horrible lag
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited January 2014

When hunter rangers use a daily power (I am glad it is not an at will.) known as seismic shot, it sometimes glitches the animation so it doesn't fully disappear causing the green fountains that you are seeing.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    it was due to happen today, i just wasn't sure what time. today kicks off the bonus lights of simril or something like that, it was on the calendar.

That doesn't mean there's a patch/downtime needed for that. The events can turn themselves on and off at certain times. I'm sure the bonus lights thing was already included when the rest of the festival was patched in.
  • Options
    battiermossbattiermoss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    for future consideration: a collapsible banner with maintenance warnings on the gateway.neverwinter site
  • Options
    anteonanteon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    unless its ALLOT of extra lighs then most of us still want be able to get the fawn
    sorry for grammar spelling punctuation but i am dyslexic i do my best sorry if it offends you
  • Options
    dvntdzndvntdzn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fountains? hunters? what are you Daff!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Or it is the normal weekly maintenance that happens every single week whether this is an event starting or not and whether there is a patch or not. Cryptic games start to get weird if left running for too long without downtime.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Or it is the normal weekly maintenance that happens every single week whether this is an event starting or not and whether there is a patch or not. Cryptic games start to get weird if left running for too long without downtime.
    . . .Indeed, as Dardove said. Maintenance usually occurs every Thursday. :) Sometimes we have additional maintenance and patches, but always plan for something on Thursdays.
  • Options
    kaur4646kaur4646 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The moument i get time to play it after so long time theres maintenance :D

Oh wel, lets hope for some good new zen offers and the removeing of some of the latest bugs ^^
  • Options
    flowglowflowglow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey, dwightmc, is there a system message shown in chat to warn the server is shutting down? I didn't see one, but I might have changed a setting without realising it. If not, it would be nice to have one :)

Smooth
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    flowglow wrote: »
    Hey, dwightmc, is there a system message shown in chat to warn the server is shutting down? I didn't see one, but I might have changed a setting without realising it. If not, it would be nice to have one :)

Smooth

There are normally admin messages broadcasted warning of downtime. They start at half an hour before the maintenance begins.
  • Options
    dvntdzndvntdzn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wow, wrong!
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Smooth

usually there is one? that starts about an hour or 30 minutes before the shutdown? it's shows in orange in the chat screen and has a countdown, like 15 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes, etc. but i wasn't playing yet today so i wasn't online to see if those showed up today or not.
  • Options
    kygrilkygril Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The maintenance is killing me today....2.50am and I have three professions that should have finished 5 mins ago. Cant believe I set my alarm for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...lol...Ah well, Such Is Life
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014

Smooth
    dardove wrote: »
    There are normally admin messages broadcasted warning of downtime. They start at half an hour before the maintenance begins.
    . . .Indeed, there is! The first announcement in-game occurs 30 minutes prior, then again 15 minutes prior, followed by another every 5 minutes until the last 5 minutes. Then it alerts you every minute for the last 5 minutes.

kygril wrote: »
    The maintenance is killing me today....2.50am and I have three professions that should have finished 5 mins ago. Cant believe I set my alarm for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...lol...Ah well, Such Is Life

. . .Maintenance should be complete very soon!
  • Options
    flowglowflowglow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah! I must of been to busy blasting stuff :)

I'll be paying more attention next time. Thank you all. HNY!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    YAY! i have two days off so i can do a lot of fishing and runs to try to get enough lights to buy that fawn! :D
  • Options
    haywire007haywire007 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They sent out messages every 5 min for at least the last 15 min before they shut down. What they did not do that they normally do is post a warning on the launcher.
  • Options
    kygrilkygril Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    .Maintenance should be complete very soon!

Awesome, cos Im falling asleep here
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    servers r up :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Maintenance is complete folks! Please go have some fun! :)
This discussion has been closed.