test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Iluusion Shimmer boon

twitticlestwitticles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
edited November 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
"You gain 3% Deflection Severity."

In stark contrast to how other, similar feats and buffs work this feat doesn't actually add 3% but multiplies your current severity value by 1.03. So if you've got the base 50% deflection severity this boon doesn't buff it to the expected (and relevant) 53% but to the assumedly bugged and absolutely irrelevant 50.7%.

For this boon to be of any use whatsoever the bonus needs to be additive, not multiplicative.
Post edited by twitticles on

Comments

• mooselee68mooselee68 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this happened to me as well. i will be expecting this bug to be fixed on the next maintenance as no internal testing needs to be done, this is as cut and dry as they come. thank you so much for you hard work.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What we should be getting: 3%

11676900155_044e19205c_o.jpg

What we are ACTUALLY getting: 0.7%

11677157793_ebb298bd24.jpg

Please fix this... please?
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wait. So what happens when you use a power that grants 100% deflect? :eek:
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bananachef wrote: »
    Wait. So what happens when you use a power that grants 100% deflect? :eek:

There is deflect CHANCE and deflect SEVERITY - the former is the likelihood of deflecting an attack, and the latter is how much said damage gets reduced, should you successfully deflect it.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is this fixed ???

//Bellistor
  • wyndrarchwyndrarch Member Posts: 147
    edited November 2014
    twitticles wrote: »
    It causes people with the boon to go into combat stance frequently, despite not actually being in combat. The issue has been around since the boon was introduced and has never been addressed.

I was WONDERING what was causing that. I completed my profound set with my HR and got Fey Thistle around the time that module 5 was released, so I assumed it it was caused by the mod release or "Grandmaster's rejuvenating swiftness" (which seems to constantly remind me that it's there).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "Rejuvenating swiftness" is the HR PvP armor proc that also operates on a deflect principle, which can trigger from anything.

I really thought they had gotten rid of it triggering out of combat though.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please let old threads rest in peace.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.