test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HR Effect - Seismic shot fx still persisting...

splattysplatty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Thou this was supposed to be patched in NW.10.20131120a.15; I've noticed Hunter Ranger Seismic Shot FX still persisting in places... I have a screen shot if needed, but for example it was in Merchant Square today.
Post edited by splatty on

Comments

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am in Helm's Hold right now and the instance I am on, there have been 4 spots with this bug showing.
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it might be Thorn Ward and not Seismic Shot causing the graphics glitch...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It is seismic shot. Thorn ward doesn't bug out like seismic shot does. If you look at the ground where the disturbance is, you can see it is a result of seismic shot as the green light is coming out of the ground and rocks flying around the disturbance.
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well since today I get heavy lag in few area's like Winter Festival, but seen it also on Dread Ring.

There are on some places a lot of those green things.. Well I made a screenshot of one. My computer is good enough to play NW on highest settings and was able to do that for already 8 months, so I find it hard to believe that's the problem :)

Here is just one, but I seen Neverwinter Festival a lot of them on same place which cause heavy lag. Can anyone tell me what those things are anyways?

14cqq9e.png
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ranger glitch. One of their daily powers can bug out and leave the effect behind. The more rangers the more you will see it.

They have tried to fix it several times, it is proving to be hard to eradicate.
  • Options
    skippymcjuniorskippymcjunior Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So I did some monsters on ice events and found that the green lights with rocks around them that were a problem in the preview server were still there. I think it's because of the daily power Meditation for the Hunter but I'm not entirely sure. Please fix this, this has been going on for almost a month now. It's affecting my FPS now also.
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    w4IOL3a.jpg

This causes me to lag out from way over by the fishing area. It's OUT OF CONTROL.

As you can see (by the dummy placeholders) I've tried to lower my graphic settings to bare minimum to compensate to no avail.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It is from seismic shot. It is getting out of control as there are players spamming the daily.
  • Options
    skippymcjuniorskippymcjunior Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you guys. Especially for the picture. Please fix this ASAP.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please fix it; this makes Monsters on Ice unplayable for me and lags me badly at any part of the environment that's near the arena for it. I can't stay alive if I'm only getting 1 fps because my laptop can't handle all the extra effects rendering.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't understand why the graphics guys don't just admit this is something that they obviously do not have the ability to resolve and remove the gfx for Seismic shock and replace it , they have told us on at least 2 or 3 patch notes that it has been fixed and it still isn't , just remove it and replace it sheesh.

Idiots are already ruining the Monsters on Ice part of the event for the players who are still grinding for event rewards and if it isn't dealt with the same idiots will start to spam the skill in Protectors enclave and other places large numbers of players gather.
  • Options
    donmancinidonmancini Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    I don't understand why the graphics guys don't just admit this is something that they obviously do not have the ability to resolve and remove the gfx for Seismic shock and replace it , they have told us on at least 2 or 3 patch notes that it has been fixed and it still isn't , just remove it and replace it sheesh.

Idiots are already ruining the Monsters on Ice part of the event for the players who are still grinding for event rewards and if it isn't dealt with the same idiots will start to spam the skill in Protectors enclave and other places large numbers of players gather

Dude they never admit anything as you can see no one of them never reply to matters like this, on foroums either. This thing is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hole game right now with lag and they do new patches to change things that not really matter...
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My understanding is that it's only drow rangers that cause the bug now. I know my hr never creates these. So blame R.A. Salvatore.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The festival is barely playable because of this bug. If only some HRs were smart enough to stop using this stuff until it is fixed :\
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    My understanding is that it's only drow rangers that cause the bug now. I know my hr never creates these. So blame R.A. Salvatore.

Are you sure? The other explanation I've heard is that it only happens if your HR fires off Seismic Shot while pointing directly at his/her own feet. I haven't done that because I try desperately not to recreate it for the sake of myself and everyone else (but I do use it because my HR is a baby and needs all the dps she can get in this event). My HR is also a human, though, so if it really is only affecting drow, then it also makes sense that I haven't recreated it.

Is it drow rangers doing it, or Menzo Renegade rangers doing it, or both? For this to make sense, I imagine it has to be caused by a drow racial ability interacting with Seismic Shot in unforeseen ways....
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    billjefferybilljeffery Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When someone uses Seismic Shot my PC freezes temporarily and sometimes bluescreen. I spoke to a few of my guildies and they are seeing it too. Really wish they would disable the FX on this power until they fix it
  • Options
    cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    Yep. Still happening all over the **** place.

This and the thing with the wonky GWF weapons caused an ugly thought occurred to me yesterday: there may simply not be anyone on the bug team who's qualified to fix graphical glitches like this...
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Are you sure? The other explanation I've heard is that it only happens if your HR fires off Seismic Shot while pointing directly at his/her own feet. I haven't done that because I try desperately not to recreate it for the sake of myself and everyone else (but I do use it because my HR is a baby and needs all the dps she can get in this event). My HR is also a human, though, so if it really is only affecting drow, then it also makes sense that I haven't recreated it.

Is it drow rangers doing it, or Menzo Renegade rangers doing it, or both? For this to make sense, I imagine it has to be caused by a drow racial ability interacting with Seismic Shot in unforeseen ways....
    My HR is a horc and I did try firing it right at my feet and a few other ways in an out of the way location. It didn't glitch. But I have heard that drow are having it glitch constantly. So yeah I do think it's a racial interaction issue.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have tried to recreate it on my human HR but can't seem to , even shooting directly at my feet didn't make it persist , the graphics guys must have found a way to recreate it since they have tried to apply fixes on at least one or two occasions , personally I don't get why they don't just remove the existing gfx and replace it with one that doesn't cause huge latency / lag issues to everybody else , on some channels of the Christmas event the game is more like stop motion animation.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . I'd like to request that this visual effect be removed or replaced with a temporary placeholder that is not malfunctioning until it can be resolved, if that would be easy to do until it can be fixed for good. This effect is causing me, and many others I know, massive frame rate drops, especially in the Winter Festival. Thanks!