test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to complete Epic Idris

kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
During tonight's Dungeon Delve event, we ran Epic Throne of Idris. We have all run this many times before and it was a pretty smooth run. We got to the end and killed Idris, but when we went to open the Dungeon Delve chest we could not. Looking at the quest tracker it still appeared to have one objective left - instead of the usual "collect your reward" is said "Maridain Fortress". We went back and scoured the dungeon to see if there was some new objective we had missed, but it still said the same thing even after we had scoured every room in the dungeon of enemies (we had not bothered with the Brewer nor the first secret room on the initial run). We all had the "Chest unlocked" bar above our quest objectives (we started about 15 min into Dungeon Delve).
PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same for me, i think we were in the same team ? (Crysty as guardian fighter - tanker) Our team had 2 GWF , me GF tanker, a healer and a rogue .I can't remember right now if you were in the team with me,i'm not so good at english to remember names.And i said at the end that we should write on the forum about this bug .
    When we were in the final room a quest triggered, to travel to the MARIDAIN FORTRESS - repetable....
    After we finished i run till the entrance to check that dead body but still the final Dungeon Delve chest didn't unlocked.
    Oh and the teleporting portal in the final room didn't spawned as well.
    It is known that Cryptic when are "working" with a dungeon they messes up all the cave. Remember the instance with the Borgs from Star Trek Online (Kithomer Ground) where the Borgs were messed up ?
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • vadacoravadacora Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Chest Unlocked but could not be opened by any team member.
  • billjefferybilljeffery Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just had the same thing happen to our group. Completed the dungeon with chest unlocked but no one could open it
  • drrowdrrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still bugged after the patch. WTF ?
  • sacsbanksacsbank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    same thing. just ran it and our team can't open the chest.
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Two DD's wasted on this instance, please fix that box, also make sure it's in the patch notes. I really don't want to waste another DD on zero loot.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still bugged , just ran a group of new players through it , did really well with no wipes and tad dah! no DD chest to reward them , the quest tracker said something about 'Meridain Fortress' whatever that is , and yes we killed all the bosses , I have run this dozens of times in the past and never even heard of Meridain Fortress...
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Over two hours wasted on this dungeon in 3 futile runs today and I see that the bug has been in place for over two days now. We cleared every inch of that dungeon for nothing.

Like the poster above me, always stuck with 'Maridian Fortress' or whatever the hell fortress. Incredibly frustrating.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Patches usually only occur once a week and with Christmas around the corner, chances are the next one might well be in the new year to fix that.

Just for documentation purposes though:
    1. Does this only affect Epic or also normal Idris?
    2. When you enter the boss fight with Idris, what is the quest status? What's the exact wording?
    3. After Idris is killed, what exactly does the quest status change to?

Having this info might help the devs fix it faster and properly
  • pahkah1pahkah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    The Last chest in Epic Throne of idris Does not Open During The Dungeon Delve event the last 2 days now, hope you guys fix it..
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Been broken at least 12 days , probably longer ... - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?560391-Throne-of-Idris-Epic
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Been broken at least 12 days , probably longer ... - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?560391-Throne-of-Idris-Epic

So, for effectively 12-days minimum there has been a bottleneck in gear acquisition for new level 60s which just is not good enough. This is a serious bug and it is appalling that it has persisted for so long.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just ran Throne Of Idris on epic yesterday with my Hunter Ranger. Like everyone else here, the chest did not open and I had an additional objective the simply said "Maridain Fortress". The chest didn't say it was locked but simply could not be interacted with because the game thought the dungeon was still incomplete. I hope this information helps solve the problem so my Hunter Ranger can finish his tier one set.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • jando73jando73 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same thing happened to me 3 times over the past 2 days....
  • xabersedgexabersedge Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Throne of Idris. . .this time. . .Spend almost the entire hour burning through this dungeon. All I want is my T1 gear, thats all. . .I'm not farming, I'm playing clean, got through in record time. YAY! New gear!! NOPE. This has happened in ToI and in CT. once in CT I only get common <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. . .during delve hour. . . Im starting to think you have something against my char. Hurts my feelings really.
    sunElf_Rogue.png
  • brenissimobrenissimo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The exact same thing just happened to me right now!

Where's my reward?

The proof is attached to this post.
  • exorcist19exorcist19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was in the party from the 2 screenshots and it really was a let down that the chest didn't worked.
    If indeed possible the players who finished the dungeon should be able to get a reward of some kind.
    Since that is the biggest reason we do Dungeons.
  • meholickmeholick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still happening as of right now. The specific bug seems to me to indicate someone fumblefingered something--isn't Maridain Fortress the old name for the Throne of Idris zone?
  • michellebrujahmichellebrujah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here. DD running, cleared everything, killed everything, no chest and telling us to go to Maridain Fortress... leaving the dungeon and returning to instance cleared the Maridain **** from the journal, but still no chest. Also, it was my first time epic Idris and it didn't gave me the achievement, it's still marked as non achieved.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The problem is the quest isn't updating when you enter the fortress. After you kill Idris, the dungeon quest is still incomplete, and thus the chest won't open up for you.

My suggestion is just to remove the "Enter Maridain Fortress" from the quest. I don't see any problem with the first quest objective being "Disable the Direforge" as entering the dungeon is obviously a per-requisite for completely the dungeon. :o

It think this needs to be addresses, since ToI drops the T1 chest pieces, and getting that DD chest is critical to gearing up a fresh 60. Otherwise, the only other DD chest drop is from Temple of the Spider, and that last boss is probably the hardest Epic dungeon boss by far, outside of the Dracolich or Valindra. Definitely not something newish 60's are going to be able to tackle.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • hammeredapplehammeredapple Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just finished an Idris pub run, still busted in case others were wondering if the maintenance fixed it or not.
  • escapados2escapados2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here. Two completed runs with no reward. As mentioned above loot is a main reason to go to dungeons,
  • loganshade69loganshade69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so are the devs aware of it?. Ran it for 3rd time today during DD and no one could loot chest....a little frustrating wasting a DD on broken dungeon.
  • halrloprillalarhalrloprillalar Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Idris chest is broken, yes
  • cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    So... just did my first epic ToI run. Still bugged, apparently.
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Still broken.

Why any new patch break something that was working good previously?
  • hamiruichihamiruichi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same think happened to my group today... Stuck at Maridain Fortress...

rmjw.jpg
  • velourianvelourian Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This also happened to us today. :(
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please keep your reports concise, civil, and free from demands/flaming. Thanks.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • fixtheserverfixtheserver Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is entirely unacceptable, I spent 3 days leveling my HR to 60 just to find out I can't get my gear. I'd say this needs an immediate patch but given that it's been well over a week, I won't hold my breath.