test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you use your 4/5 hotkeys for?

wikkedjrwikkedjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It seems like I have a bad habit of fat fingering 4 when trying to pop a heal with 3!:rolleyes:

I try to keep 4/5 empty but eventually I end up picking up other pots and not paying attention to the automatic filling of the slots. Now, I haven't dabbled much in alchemy, so maybe there's more awesome pots out there for my other keys that I don't know about yet, but what do you guys use your other potion slots for?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by wikkedjr on

Comments

• Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    All healing potions for me under 3, 4 and 5 (aside on my HR that uses 4, 5 and 6, instead). And due to the same reason, too. I rather not have cooldown on my potions during a fight when I'm near dead due to hitting a buffing one.
    ...I also manage to keep hitting potions when I try to mount >.>
  • Options
    msrebel1972msrebel1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I do the same as saerrael; 3, 4, 5, all heal potions. For the exact same reasons.

Saerrael: your signature; I get the "ergo creo" therefore I create. What does "sum" mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wikkedjrwikkedjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Haha, good to know I'm not the only one failing his manual dexterity check!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited December 2013
    I have the 3 potions slots bound to the top 3 buttons on my mouse (love my G700), making it easier to hit the right one. I generally keep all heals in there, maybe with a regen potion in the middle slot.
  • Options
    ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I use Bound healing potions on 3, and regular on 4 as best I can. But when I run out of bound healing, I move the regulawr healing to 3 instead, and put a random potion on 4. 5 is my healing-scroll, or whatever it's called that gives you full health. Haven't used it yet, but it's nice to have. Especially when you have 50 of them. :p
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I do the same as saerrael; 3, 4, 5, all heal potions. For the exact same reasons.

Saerrael: your signature; I get the "ergo creo" therefore I create. What does "sum" mean?

It's a variation on the better known 'Creo ergo sum' ( I create, therefore I am.)
    'Sum, ergo creo.' would be 'I am, therefore I create.'
  • Options
    slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    water ballon
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    3, 4 HP pot. 5 PvP Pot.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    casprogcasprog Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have a naga razer so my encounters are 1, 2 and 3. at wills are still left and right mouse buttons, dailies are 5 and 8 because they are in the middle and right next to eachother on the mouse. potions are 10, 11, 12. mount is 6 and artifact is 7.sounds crazy but if you look at the naga razer it makes sense. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81ac2mOgmaL._SL1500_.jpg my exact model.
  • Options
    dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    3 is either fey healing, health stone, regen, or healing. 4 is PvP healing. and 5 is healing.

Having the PvP pots in 4 usually prevents me from drinking the wrong potion
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I generally do 3/4 healing/regen pots and then 5 with PVP pot. I know some people bought the waterballon and put it on 5 so they would quit burning stuff while trying to press 6 for mount.

If you just want to fill these hotkeys with something you don't accidently burn, PVP pots are nice because they can't be used outside of PVP.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    3 and 4 healing pots and 5 is water balloon , I really need to remove the water balloon though because its annoying when I desperately need to use a pot but end up throwing a water balloon at the guy who's about to kill me , stupid fat fingers -.-
  • Options
    tear667tear667 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    3 - nothing, 4 - artifact, 5 - regular healing potions. Then I have pvp potions on mouse 4 and mouse 5.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    3 - healing potion, 4- bound healing potion (or lesser healing potion), 5 - healthstone
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . For me: 3 is Healing Potion (Potion Hotkey 1), 4 is Artifact, 5 is Potion of Heroism (Potion Hotkey 2), and 6 is Water Balloon (Potion Hotkey 3). Mount/Dismount is rebound to X. I also have Left-Middle Mouse set to Healing Potion (Potion Hotkey 1) and Right-Middle Mouse set to Artifact. Side-Mouse Button 1 is set to Mount/Dismount, Side-Mouse Button 2 is set to Hard Target Lock, and Side-Mouse Button 3 is set to Use/Interact. I also have my G-Keys set to various things also, like G1 is Invoke.
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For me it usually goes: 3 and 4 are healing pots/thingies. 5 is a buff (currently always the Squash Soup, because I made tons of them summer festival and still haven't come close to using them all), 6 is mount, 7 is the Artifact (don't usually have one I'd use in combat, yet).

If I have an Artifact where I might want to use the skill a lot, then it becomes: 3 Artifact, 4/5 healing pots/thingies, 6 is still the mount, and 7 becomes the buff pot.

I use 6 for Mount because it's always what I use for the mount and whenever I've tried to change that, I end up wasting pots or something from hitting it out of habit. 4 is usually the main heal pot number simply because it's the easiest one for me to reach up to with any of my fingers while also trying to madly use the movement/encounter keys.
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    3- Healing Potion

4- PVP Purple healing potion

5- Bottomless WaterSkin (The Water Baloon)
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    ironyogaironyoga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have a gaming mouse so I decided to have all my actions except my dailies 1-0 and -,= it just makes it easier for me to click them really fast with my thumb and I also use the mouse wheel for actions. I still like having my dailies on the keyboard at q and e as it gives my left hand just a little bit more work other than moving and tabbing.
    So you decided to attack some spelling error to don't have to deal with the contain and when you did you didn't have the brain to can answer it.
  • Options
    marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited December 2013
    casprog wrote: »
    I have a naga razer so my encounters are 1, 2 and 3. at wills are still left and right mouse buttons, dailies are 5 and 8 because they are in the middle and right next to eachother on the mouse. potions are 10, 11, 12. mount is 6 and artifact is 7.sounds crazy but if you look at the naga razer it makes sense. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81ac2mOgmaL._SL1500_.jpg my exact model.

I was looking for a mouse like that for a long time, yesterday (before I read your message though) I finally made the choice, but not the Razer Naga will be mine, but the Logitech G600, it's a bit easier to use with the thumb with that one.

I really wonder in what way it will make the gameplay better, since the G600 is a special design for MMO's :-)
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • Options
    ironyogaironyoga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    marciooh wrote: »
    I was looking for a mouse like that for a long time, yesterday (before I read your message though) I finally made the choice, but not the Razer Naga will be mine, but the Logitech G600, it's a bit easier to use with the thumb with that one.

I really wonder in what way it will make the gameplay better, since the G600 is a special design for MMO's :-)

I have both of those myself and prefer my naga. I just like the way it feels in my hand. The thumb buttons are a beast to get used to however it will become second nature. However either choice you make is a good choice.
    So you decided to attack some spelling error to don't have to deal with the contain and when you did you didn't have the brain to can answer it.