test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot get past LvL 0 for Lightcrafting

dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Not sure what the issue is. I went through the basics for the winter festival, now my guy is stuck at level zero with 1 xp and that is the req to advance.

1EkQfxC.jpg?1
It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
Post edited by dethsdezyn on

Comments

• idissidiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have the same problem on 1 of mine
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Uncheck hide unmet tasks in the filter. You will then see what you need to be able to rank up. I have mine at max which is lvl 3
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Uncheck hide unmet tasks in the filter. You will then see what you need to be able to rank up. I have mine at max which is lvl 3

Unfortunately, when I do that, it doesn't show anything as my exp meter shows I have 1 exp and when I hover over the profession it says I have 1 exp and exp req to get Lvl one is 1
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's the alchemy glitch all over again
    21.jpg
  • zaodonnzaodonn Member Posts: 109
    edited December 2013
    How do you get exp? Do you have to do the crafting tasks (the fireworks or the bait) ?
    edited December 2013
    zaodonn wrote: »
    How do you get exp? Do you have to do the crafting tasks (the fireworks or the bait) ?

One of the tasks is specific to leveling, its the only one with exp.

wish i could get unstuck from zero though dangit.
  • zaodonnzaodonn Member Posts: 109
    edited December 2013
    dethsdezyn wrote: »
    One of the tasks is specific to leveling, its the only one with exp.
    wish i could get unstuck from zero though dangit.

Im level 1, and there are no such "exp" tasks. How do you level from 1 to 2?
    edited December 2013
    If you uncheck hide tasks with unmet you can see the exp one. going to need some emblems
    edited December 2013
    Does anyone know a fix for this? Being stuck at zero with the required exp already done?
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is no "fix" because there is no problem! Uncheck "Hide tasks for which I don't meet the requirements" and you'll see there is one tasks which levels you up ... It requires the crafting (or buying for a couple of the items) several resources before you can perform it.

Their is only 3 ranks, so all you need do is several dailies and you'll have all you need ...
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
    edited December 2013
    bendalek wrote: »
    There is no "fix" because there is no problem! Uncheck "Hide tasks for which I don't meet the requirements" and you'll see there is one tasks which levels you up ... It requires the crafting (or buying for a couple of the items) several resources before you can perform it.

Their is only 3 ranks, so all you need do is several dailies and you'll have all you need ...

Yes there is a problem!
    Someone else already tried to tell me that and I told them there is nothing there.

I have already done the level up task , That is why it says level 0, exp required for next level: 1 Current exp : 1
    It is stuck.
    '
    Here are some more pics. With 'Hide tasks with unmet requirements' UNCHECKED just for you.

Showing tasks 1-8 of 14 You will notice that the bar on the right for crafting is full, yet I am still at level zero.
    geVmreU.jpg?1

Showing 9-14 of 14
    xLLi8nf.jpg?1

yes this is on the gateway, Yes it is the same in game, there is no task that is showing as unlocked and able to complete. Everything is red, All level one tasks say you must be at Craft level 1.

It is stuck on level 0, there for, there is a problem that needs to be fixed.
  • soulidensouliden Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same problem, and when i ask for help in game, i get the same responses from people saying uncheck, but thats not the issue, u have to be lvl 1 in order to level up, but u cant level up, if ur stuck at 0 with a full exp bar.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dethsdezyn wrote: »
    Does anyone know a fix for this? Being stuck at zero with the required exp already done?

Try goosing it with a 5-second hire from any other profession.

Edit: The rationale behind this is that you can sometimes "unstick" a stuck profession by gaining a level in another one, so if anyone else is stuck but doesn't have any hires left, try gaining one level in any other profession, even if it means doing something fast in one you weren't otherwise going to take.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited December 2013
    Try goosing it with a 5-second hire from any other profession.

Edit: The rationale behind this is that you can sometimes "unstick" a stuck profession by gaining a level in another one, so if anyone else is stuck but doesn't have any hires left, try gaining one level in any other profession, even if it means doing something fast in one you weren't otherwise going to take.

Hey thanks, I will give that a shot as soon as it is back up.
  • idissidiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nope that dont work either but thanks for suggestion
    edited December 2013
    Nope, did not work for me either unfortunately.
    edited December 2013
    Any other ideas or things we can try? Willing to try almost anything at this point.

TIA.