test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.10.20131211a.9

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
This build is set to go live at 9PM PST on 12/20/13.

Winter Festival
  • An error with point calculation during the fishing contest has been resolved.
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not another patch. :( what was wrong with the point calculation?
  • xcessiveforce40xcessiveforce40 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lets take a break from the non-stop maintenance. No reason for it over a weekend where everyone is gaming. Lets use "the uncommon sense".
    Founder: Xcessiveforce GF, Xcessiveheals DC, XcessiveRange HR, XcessiveArcana CW, XcessiveStab TR
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Come on guys, it's just 90 mins, we all have other stuff to do on a friday night :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hope this fixes the overflow bag exploit
    21.jpg
  • mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hope this fixes the overflow bag exploit
    Ditto.

And yes, 90 minutes. Watch a movie or something, it'll go by fast.
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lol, this fishing event has moved into the absurd.

I submit that instead of simply continuing to press F, the next patch after this one should upgrade the barrel storing mechanic, perhaps make us store the fish in the barrels during the event, or maybe have us throw the fish into the barrels?? Anyway please continue to develop these fish related mechanics, we do so enjoy them.
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I submit that they don't fix an event that no one cares about during prime time, especially one that coincides with DD. Just Genius. I want to see their Mensa Card and grab out my hole punch.
    edited December 2013
    you may not care for the event but there are alot more people that are doing the event.
  • soldeadeyesoldeadeye Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28
    edited December 2013
    aye it's ah fishy situation ! bada bing bada boom!
  • razzthomrazzthom Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I fully agree, no patch needed. Just permaban the primary offenders and set a good example for everyone who thinks about cheating.
  • soldeadeyesoldeadeye Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28
    edited December 2013
    lol how do u cheat at fishing? is having a purple rod and blue lure a cheat? nah
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I guess there are some other fixes they didn't tell us...
  • vhemvhem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They need to have a legendary rod that gives the player a .05% to catch "The Fish" which is a giant fish boss that drops a ton of fish when killed... or just leave it as it is, do whatever you want cryptic, I'm not your boss.
  • khrahskhrahs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not on friday night!!!
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    How about fixing the queue bugs ?? Today after we killed dracolich in CN me and a friend of mine stay in the dungeon talking about it, etc... sudently more players start to enter the dungeon and lat at the last campfire.... the funny thing to see is that all of them come in grab the DD chest and left the party lolol This can be use for a serious exploting..... just saying.

How about fix loot bugs ? where people loot desapear and they cant roll ?? how about change the way loot roll apear so people dont need/pass items by mistake ??

****, i dont even play much T2 anymore and when i do theres always new exploits..... i think spider boss is exploitable since beta, same with karrundax 1st and 2nd boss.

And u guys are busy with fishing holes..... More and more disapointed every day.
  • jonleyvaxjonleyvax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Booooooooo
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    khrahs wrote: »
    Not on friday night!!!

That's what the dev's probably said.

In all seriousness, monster kill competitions are way more bugged out. I noticed I had a rank 3 result when I hadn't been in there for hours when I went fishing to farm lights.
  • skandrann0nskandrann0n Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What... how do you cheat at fishing?

What was the bug?

-Skan

ps.

Not to QQ too much, but... seriously? Taking the game down during prime time during the weekend to fix a bug with how fishing is calculated is a bit... well it just.... I mean.. How could a group of people in charge of something like this honestly think that right now is the best time for such a minor thing...
  • drakkenfeldrakkenfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited December 2013
    There are a lot of us that enjoy this event, and we appreciate the new content. I actually would prefer if there was some form of fishing left in-game after the event. I used to really enjoy fishing in WoW and SWG. It was relaxing when you really don't feel like playing diligently.

Thanks for the NEW Mini-game in the Gateway. Nice touch. An iOS or Android version that is not a mobile webpage would be nice.

Good work on the new Ranger class. Please introduce the Paladin, Druid, and Barbarian soon? A traditional version Cleric that could turn and blast undead would be nice. I miss that from 2nd Edition (and earlier).

Player Housing would be grand. Guild Housing would be nice, too.

Separate Tabs in Inventory for Mounts and Social Clothing would be a Great addition.
    Paladin.jpg
    @METH_SHADOWSTORM - Foundry author of:
    "The Sunnydale Campaign" - NWS-DKBEJ9OOM
    Episode 1: "Missing Daughters" - NW-DCX9IZBJB
    Episode 2: "A Date With Destiny" - NW-DHYEX5NKR - Featured: NW-DHFLDPWJV
    STO Foundry: "Safari So Good" - ST-HPRP2WFWI
  • yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    How about fixing the queue bugs ?? Today after we killed dracolich in CN me and a friend of mine stay in the dungeon talking about it, etc... sudently more players start to enter the dungeon and lat at the last campfire.... the funny thing to see is that all of them come in grab the DD chest and left the party lolol This can be use for a serious exploting..... just saying.

How about fix loot bugs ? where people loot desapear and they cant roll ?? how about change the way loot roll apear so people dont need/pass items by mistake ??

****, i dont even play much T2 anymore and when i do theres always new exploits..... i think spider boss is exploitable since beta, same with karrundax 1st and 2nd boss.

And u guys are busy with fishing holes..... More and more disapointed every day.

Epic and true statement 100% ^^
  • foszaebarefoszaebare Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seriously though, couldn't you continually disrupt some other time zone's mornings and evenings? Middle of the North American workday just too lucrative a time for your international market?
  • bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »

While I agree the exploits are cheating, I also think that closing off the environment takes all the FUN out of some fights...invisible walls stink...I for one, like to jump around the dungeons and explore, you can't do that much anymore due to all the invisible walls EVERYWHERE!!! The game is supposed to be about fun, not work.
    Silverhand
    edited December 2013
    The most I got on the fishing event was 374 using a purple fishing pole and using the purple lures and staying at one hole during the whole event. So if people got these outrageous scores then they did it thru a way the game was not intended and needed to be patched.
  • mikadiosamikadiosa Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just noticed.., maintenance galore.
    IGN: HeraGoddess
    "...When I Give, I Give Myself..."
  • hellmut64000hellmut64000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you to all your efforts to give us a good quality game with a lot of news, event, etc....
    For the guys who are always complaining please remenber this is a freetoplay game
    edited December 2013
    soldeadeye wrote: »
    lol how do u cheat at fishing? is having a purple rod and blue lure a cheat? nah

<Even though the exploit was fixed it is still best not to divulge the details>
    21.jpg
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Thank you to all your efforts to give us a good quality game with a lot of news, event, etc....
    For the guys who are always complaining please remenber this is a freetoplay game

Well it is not just the 90 minute interruption, it is the additional hour or so to dl the patch, then the 20 minute or so "Neverwinter: Material Files Reloaded"...and the fact that it has been the last two nights. Put all of the above posted unfixed exploits on top of it, and daily patching to fix A FISHING GAME seems insane.

In another thread someone mentioned that "some games patch nightly". I know that because I don't play those games anymore. Also those games are almost impossible to exploit. Shutting the whole game down SO MUCH for hours at a time is like Disney Land shutting down the whole park a few nights in a row to fix one of a thousand cotton candy machines when most of their major rides are broken and stay broken. It is just infuriating.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • dunagurdunagur Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    its been longer than the estimated down time, do you know when it will be back up?
  • legendmstr91legendmstr91 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Figures, I get all excited about playing this game, get it installed and find out that it's not only under maintenance; but that's a regular thing here. Now I have to wait till 11?
    edited December 2013
    dunagur wrote: »
    its been longer than the estimated down time, do you know when it will be back up?

Estimated downtime doesn't end for another hour and fifteen minutes your time zone different
    21.jpg
This discussion has been closed.