test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.10.20131211a.8

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
This build is set to go live at 10PM PST on 12/19/13.

Performance and Stability
  • A client crash was addressed that could occur to some players in specific conditions.
  • A disconnect issue that affected characters in certain conditions has been resolved.
Gateway
  • The Astral Diamond Exchange no longer refreshes so frequently it renders it difficult to use.
Winter Event
  • Uncommon and greater Fishing holes should spawn reliably during the fishing event.
  • Reduced total amount of FX being played so the proper FX play more often.
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1.3gb patch ? Winterfestival? Then why was the previous one so huge?

Such updates just destroy me in the morning sometimes, with my very limited internet. ;_; Got to play Sword Coast Adventurers now at least
  • Options
    chronoskenschronoskens Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Personally I think you should extend the winter event buy a week, lose a day gain a week works for me.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Personally I think you should extend the winter event buy a week, lose a day gain a week works for me.
    Yeah, it's totally not on for long enough...
  • Options
    rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    For some it's not - especially with the sled being BoE and (unless the "Zenith" allows access to more stars) not enough of the daily currency to get both the sled and mimic - much less a mimic and anything else.
    -Rajani Isa
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hmm.......
  • Options
    xeninversexeninverse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rajanixisa wrote: »
    For some it's not - especially with the sled being BoE and (unless the "Zenith" allows access to more stars) not enough of the daily currency to get both the sled and mimic - much less a mimic and anything else.

You can do each "daily" quest 3 times a day. And there are 20 days. You can get both the mimic and the sled twice if you really try hard, but it should be possible to do it if you just do it semi casually.
  • Options
    idissidiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't know if this maintenance is addressing it but I created the new winter event crafter guy but it doesnt recognize i did so I cant do Lev 1 crafts i can see him with my other crafters but system doesnt. Just an FYI about another issue
  • Options
    vee7272vee7272 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You've still haven't fixed the Pirate Skyhold's greyed out map? How hard could it be?
    Gregg Silverkin, TR on Mindflayer

Guild: Rising Star
  • Options
    jiffystrikejiffystrike Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    especially with the sled being BoE

It is BoP, the Companions are BoE
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vee7272 wrote: »
    You've still haven't fixed the Pirate Skyhold's greyed out map? How hard could it be?

It's not? I thought it was. Are you just assuming it's not fixed because it's not in the notes?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Course the game is down, but I think the Dappled Horse is BoE.
    So that should be in the AH later.

Also notable, the Midsummer Festival... I had enough daily coin for both
    rides, but was only able to chose one. (Got the boar.) And not that it
    mattered but you couldn't choose 2 boars. This may be set up the same
    way, regardless of being able to get extra stars later or not... So I'd choose your
    favorite, first.

Hm... I think the Daily coin was also available for Tourmaline at the end.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    obsiddia wrote: »
    Course the game is down, but I think the Dappled Horse is BoE.
    So that should be in the AH later.

Also notable, the Midsummer Festival... I had enough daily coin for both
    rides, but was only able to chose one. (Got the boar.) And not that it
    mattered but you couldn't choose 2 boars. This may be set up the same
    way, regardless of being able to get extra stars later or not... So I'd choose your
    favorite, first.

Hm... I think the Daily coin was also available for Tourmaline at the end.

One of my characters still has a thousand petals, so just save for next year I guess.
  • Options
    stefzeer9010stefzeer9010 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    This build is set to go live at 10PM PST on 12/19/13.

Performance and Stability
    • A client crash was addressed that could occur to some players in specific conditions.
    • A disconnect issue that affected characters in certain conditions has been resolved.
    Gateway
    • The Astral Diamond Exchange no longer refreshes so frequently it renders it difficult to use.
    Winter Event
    • Uncommon and greater Fishing holes should spawn reliably during the fishing event.
    • Reduced total amount of FX being played so the proper FX play more often.

And what about the broken queue system?
    Do keep ever present in your thoughts, my friend, that an illusion can kill you if you believe in it.
    And the real thing can kill you whether you believe in it or not.
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xeninverse wrote: »
    You can do each "daily" quest 3 times a day.
    Not the telescope one. It's once a day. The "time until you can do it again" listed is telling you how long it is until that daily resets, not that you can do it every 5, 10, 12 hours.

Far as I know, everything in this game seems to reset at 2am PST. So that "time until you can do it again" number will vary depending on what time you finished it for that day. I did it at 10am this morning, and at 10pm I can't do it again yet. So...yeah. Once a day.

They might double up the rewards towards the end of the Festival tho, like they did with the Summer Festival.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Favours of Sune were never doubled though, so I wouldn't count on it for the stars either.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited December 2013
    But you could trade bars for favor right? So many currencies, hard to keep track.
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah...summer festival you could turn in flowers for the Favors of Sune or something, which made it possible to get both pig and boar mount. Since there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to that for Winter festival ... probably not.

Edit: oh wait, maybe it was the t-bars that enabled me to get both. Never mind. My memory doesn't work well past a few days anymore. Haha.
  • Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got both the boars thanks to buying the favors with t-bars. Could do the same here. But I'm mainly interested in the companions and those should be fairly easy to get. There'll probably be a 2x period late in the event too, like with the midsummer one,
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    janblubberjanblubber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xeninverse wrote: »
    You can do each "daily" quest 3 times a day. And there are 20 days. You can get both the mimic and the sled twice if you really try hard, but it should be possible to do it if you just do it semi casually.
    You seem to assume that this game is only played by people that don't have a daily job , or have access to a computer at work . It's nearly impossible to obtain even 1 of the items for someone that works 8-11 hours a day .
  • Options
    trampsvktrampsvk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And what about broken achievement from Defend the temple skirmish ? Still not fixed ?
  • Options
    murdochemurdoche Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is it me or am i not seeing a way to advance the level of the Simril crafting? Sorta right uselss to even craft after making the pole or bait...
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Turn off hide unmet qualifications and you will see what you need to advance to the next rank and there is only 3 ranks for the profession.
  • Options
    themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2013
    So I've downloaded 1.5g so far and still going, on top of the 1.3g yesterday and Im only at 27% done... All this in spite of the patcher saying only 874m needs to be updated. Why is the download so huge just a day after the Winterfest download?

EDIT: Up to 2.4g downloaded now. 42% complete!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darinderdarinder Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was playing just fine earlier today in the Winter Festival. Shut down the game when this afternoon's (I'm at GMT+8) maintenance was about to happen. Tried starting the game up tonight but it refuses to fully patch.

Right now, it's stuck at d/load 276KB 32% (patched 12.8MB/39MB). My 'Net is under load but the only files that Launcher is writing are in the cef_cache folder: Index, data_0 and data_1. But it's not even changing those files! The timestamps are updating but their contents are staying the same (I've been running a regular checksum over them).

What gives?

EDIT: Yes, my last run was started after a Force Verify check just to be sure all the current contents are okay.
    Yes, I'm seeing the dreaded 14 error from the patchclientlib but I have no firewall enabled just now.
    Why oh why does the launcher need access to google_analytics (or any part of google for that matter)?
  • Options
    lazarian1428lazarian1428 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am having major difficulty loading the game. It brings up the music but I have no picture. What is going on?
  • Options
    amrin9amrin9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can you guys make fishing normal for the entire game rather then an event and may be add xp up to a certain level for every catch and make the ingredients used in alchemy or another profession. I love fishing, there s always the uncertainty and excitement of what the next catch will be.
  • Options
    rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited December 2013
    mrspuma wrote: »
    Not the telescope one. It's once a day. The "time until you can do it again" listed is telling you how long it is until that daily resets, not that you can do it every 5, 10, 12 hours.

[...]

They might double up the rewards towards the end of the Festival tho, like they did with the Summer Festival.
    Yeah, after I did it at noon yesterday I was told 14 hours ntil I can do the telescope again.

And I hope so. It's roughly ten days of "Zenith" of the festival, that'd be enough to get both.
    giggliato wrote: »
    But you could trade bars for favor right? So many currencies, hard to keep track.

As of yesterday before the second patch, you couldn't get the fortune stars for bars.
    -Rajani Isa
  • Options
    brenissimobrenissimo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hated the updates on the Winter Event! It ruined fishing!
    Nobody goes fishing because of the adrenaline, they go to relax... And now, out of nowhere, a skeleton appears and keeps ruining my ice fishing...
    Not. Fun. At. All.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, after I did it at noon yesterday I was told 14 hours ntil I can do the telescope again.

And I hope so. It's roughly ten days of "Zenith" of the festival, that'd be enough to get both.

Again, the time you are quoted for cooldown is based on when you are doing the quest relative to the server reset time for everyone. The *only* thing that's on a personal timer is your invocation.

And there is no precedent for double star tokens during the zenith. Petal rewards were doubled during height of midsummer, but favours remained strictly one per day.

Neverwinter Census 2017

This discussion has been closed.