test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway Unavailable Due to Heavy Load

morduumorduu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Blarg. When going to gateway, we now get a message that it is unavailble due to heavy load. I'm assuming this is due to the traffic associated with the recent patch, but it is incredibly obnoxious nonetheless.
Post edited by morduu on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Guys, can you please stop fiddling with Sword Coast Adventures so I can deal with my professions? Please?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was hoping of using the gateway while the patch is once again taking forever to download (I started download around 15:40 (40 mins after start of maint) and around the 300MB mark it slowed to a crawl, currently up to ~700MB/1.4 gig)
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There obviously wasn't enough of a stress test while it was on preview.

Fortunately I stuck most of my profession slots on long-term tasks before maintenance.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Everyone wants to try out Sword Coast Adventures T_T. Tears of happiness and slight aggrivation that I can't play it too right now! Oh well.

Hopefully this won't be an on-going issue.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    -gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasp-

AD exchange is on the live Gateway now. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    invalidobjectinvalidobject Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    -gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasp-

AD exchange is on the live Gateway now. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

Would be nice if we could access....
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I was hoping to keep up on my professions across town characters while I'm in Las Vegas. And play some Sword Coast Adventures, too. /sadpanda
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, obviously i got in. Just keep trying. I knew that it was available on the preview gateway, but it doesnt do you a lot of good over there.

Sneaky devs =P.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey...get off the gateway so I can play with SCA :)
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    Hey...get off the gateway so I can play with SCA :)

Ooookaaaay. Right after I finish setting my professions =P
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was in, clicked on a profession and got kicked out due to heavy load. At least let the people who are connected finish what they were doing.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    levonklevonk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They clearly made a mistake. Sword coast adventures should have it's own load balancing queue. The rest of the gateway features should be accessible in parallel. The only lineup should be for sword coast.
  • Options
    invalidobjectinvalidobject Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2013
    morduu wrote: »
    Blarg. When going to gateway, we now get a message that it is unavailble due to heavy load. I'm assuming this is due to the traffic associated with the recent patch, but it is incredibly obnoxious nonetheless.

morduu, the login is actually working. if you know the url of where you want to go within the gateway, you can navigate there.
  • Options
    stefzeer9010stefzeer9010 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To Staff: if you don't know how to increase Server_MaxUsers I can help you with that , free of charge.Just ask.
    And you better do it cuz the game has enough bugs as it is ,to be unable to connect too..
    Do keep ever present in your thoughts, my friend, that an illusion can kill you if you believe in it.
    And the real thing can kill you whether you believe in it or not.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now getting this too. Can't use gateway, can't get to character select screen without a crash. NWO you're doing a great job of killing your game here.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    sylenthundersylenthunder Member Posts: 568 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I've been getting it since it supposedly came back up. Have not been able to log into the gateway at all and I've attempted multiple PC's from different locations.

Sticky says they fixed it, but I'm pretty positive it's still an issue.