test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weaponsmithing = useless now?

dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
With the new purple weapons that level from 0-60 with the character...Ancient Mulhorand Weapons...is weaponsmithing completely toast?
More importantly are they gonna do this with all the armor crafting skills in the futre? Is this gonna anger people that paid lots of AD for the tools and assets? What is going down?

Discuss?
Post edited by dndmasterdark on

Comments

• Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are the new scaling weapons better than the Fomorian and dragon weapon sets? I haven't checked out the stats on them .
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not everyone buys the packs providing those weapons.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    megamousegwmegamousegw Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The new scaling weapons are good for getting up in levels that is it. They are not better than the dragon weapons.
  • Options
    dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well these things are dropping in price fast, I bought like 5 of the shields for 4 k a pop. The only one I think still with the most value is the Archer weapons.
    Yeah you get these from the new lockboxes.
    No they are not better than high end lvl 60 weapons, even the pvp tier 1 weapons are better I think but still... I think this affects the crafting system considerably. I think these should have been legendary weapons... I mean WOW. Maybe you will be able to upgrade them later like artifacts? A weapon leveling system coming soon?..hmmmm...
    Weapon / Armor leveling system, all I have to say to that is...bring it on!
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The new scaling weapons are good for getting up in levels that is it. They are not better than the dragon weapons.

I'm relieved to hear that , I just shelled out loads on 5 blue crafting tools and a malabogs riser , I wouldn't be very happy if cash shop weapons turned out to be better than ones you get in game by crafting , dungeoneering , I doubt even the team of developers working on Neverwinter would be stupid enough to make cash shop weapons and gear better than in game stuff , now that would be suicide.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well these things are dropping in price fast, I bought like 5 of the shields for 4 k a pop. The only one I think still with the most value is the Archer weapons.

What is their salvage value as you will be able to get that back at the end as well?
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    What is their salvage value as you will be able to get that back at the end as well?

Don't think they can be salvaged but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They cannot be salvaged since this isn't lvl 60 gear.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    They cant be salvaged ... Which is another reason why they are OK for leveling, but once you get to 60 there are way better weapons.

To the OP, it's going to make it more difficult to sell lower tier weapons on the AH, but Purple weapons are still better (notwithstanding your build/needs)
    Armor is still getting reasonable prices though ...
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    These modular weapons also lack the ability to have a Weapon Enchant (such as Vorpals) slotted into them. I did a bug report on these with the darkforest ones first came out, as those ones were unsalvagable despite being marked as salvagable.

So yeah, weaponsmithing is still able to provide you BiS items, no dobut there. Keep on crafting, my friends.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So they can't be salvaged but are very good for leveling (and PvP twinking) with the weapon slot. I can see these being useful for Clerics and GFs especially since their damage (at least past 25ish for DCs) is not as high as the other classes.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    These modular weapons also lack the ability to have a Weapon Enchant (such as Vorpals) slotted into them. I did a bug report on these with the darkforest ones first came out, as those ones were unsalvagable despite being marked as salvagable.

Dark Forest equipment doesn't have the weapon enchantment slots, but Ancient Mulhorand weapons do. Also, since they level up with you, instead of just being items that can be equipped early, but that you'll still outlevel, there are zero replacement concerns while levelling.

They're kind of awesome, but the base damage and stats ultimately won't even come close to Fomorian/Fallen Dragon, so crafting is far from useless.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't know if it's by design or what, but the HR blades+6 do very good damage...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    howdyyeowhowdyyeow Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2013
    Weaponsmithing useless? Nope.

You can craft a variety(2, rofl.) of BiS + BoP weapons with it, and it's likely that future BiS weps will req lvl 20 wepsmithing to craft.

Now what's useless? The implementation of Weaponsmithing itself.

You're gonna level a profession to the max level(which takes at least days), just to craft some BoP <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, so creative. Before it was introduced, BiS wep was from CN and everything was fine then.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    calorien wrote: »

You don't need to - they are Bind on Equip, so are overflowing in the auction house at about 5-10k per piece. I've geared every alt I have with a set, and my ranger (currently levelling) is sporting r6 gems and a lesser terror in the bow.

Yes, yes it is overpowered.... :-p

I'm tempted to buy up a few more to set aside for future alts...
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    The new Ancient Mulhorand weapons are pretty much equal to the Aryvandar craftable weapons. Both the Mulhorand and the Aryvandar weapons have an enchantment slot and a weapon enchant slot. It pretty much comes down to which stats the player needs the most for their toon.

Ancient Mulhorand Longbow (at Lvl 60)
    626 -756 Dmg
    852 Power
    196 Crit
    84 Recovery
    84 Armor Penetraion

Longbow of Aryvandar
    626 - 765 Dmg
    859 Power
    98 Recovery
    80 Armor Penetration
    189 Deflection

Ancient Mulhorand Longsword (at Lvl 60)
    501 - 612 Dmg
    1274 Power
    252 Crit
    108 Recovery
    108 Armor Penetration

Longsword of Aryvandar
    501 - 612 Dmg
    1283 Power
    126 Recovery
    90 Armor Penetration
    243 Deflection

I haven't been able to sell any Aryvandar weapons since the Ancient Mulhorand started dropping. Not for a decent price anyway.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm hoping they add something that scales like these weapons to artificing and weaponsmithing myself. Honestly I never once made anything for a character before max level. Characters just level to much faster than their profession. The ability to make something for an alt though would be nice.

The short term problem with that idea is that the crafting version would likely be more difficult to obtain than the current weapons. But that problem could change the next time they introduce a new lockbox. (If it doesn't have similar items.)
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    These modular weapons also lack the ability to have a Weapon Enchant (such as Vorpals) slotted into them.

The Ancient Mulhorand weapons do indeed have Weapon Enchantment slots.
  • Options
    marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited December 2013
    The weaponsmithing/artificing system been <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from day 1, even though I made this Fomorian blade, it actually ain't worth it at all if you do enough dungeons (where you will get ancient castle eventually). Only reason for me why I used weaponsmithing was because I had little time and some spare cash to spend (since fomorian weapon requires no gameplay to get).

Besides all this, the (weapon)crafting system is one of the worse things developed in this game. It's useless, pointless and appears to be made to get a certain amount of bytes for the game content or something, because other good motivations for this crafting part I can not come up with!
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • Options
    marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited December 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    I'm hoping they add something that scales like these weapons to artificing and weaponsmithing myself. Honestly I never once made anything for a character before max level. Characters just level to much faster than their profession. The ability to make something for an alt though would be nice.

The short term problem with that idea is that the crafting version would likely be more difficult to obtain than the current weapons. But that problem could change the next time they introduce a new lockbox. (If it doesn't have similar items.)

I agree that the profession should be able to be used to make items for an alt! Leveling weaponsmithing or artificing to create a weapon on an alt is just COMPLETELY INSANE! Where have Cryptic been with their brains during the development of that system? Or wait, I bet they didn't use their brain at all creating it (no fense)!

And if they want to prevent economy stuff or what so ever, at least create an opportunity to carry items over from one character to another character on the same account! Make items accountbound, NOT characterbound !! Same way like AD, you can switch AD between characters on the same account, make that possible for items, seals and this stuff as well!
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • Options
    keldrath87keldrath87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    calorien wrote: »

no, but pretty much everyone, including myself could buy them off the auction house after a couple days of dailies. bar the Hunter Ranger stuff, and thats only inflated because the class is new so they are in high demand.
  • Options
    augustus888augustus888 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    With the new purple weapons that level from 0-60 with the character...Ancient Mulhorand Weapons...is weaponsmithing completely toast?
    More importantly are they gonna do this with all the armor crafting skills in the futre? Is this gonna anger people that paid lots of AD for the tools and assets? What is going down?

All of the weapon/armor professions have always been useless because it takes 4-5 days to level your character to 60 but months to level up a profession. Meaning it's impossible to have meaningful gear from professions as you're leveling.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2013

In all honesty, it wasn't ever useful. Despite trying hard to keep the crafting skills up, my character was constantly 10-15 levels above anything I could craft...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    All of the weapon/armor professions have always been useless because it takes 4-5 days to level your character to 60 but months to level up a profession. Meaning it's impossible to have meaningful gear from professions as you're leveling.

It's only useless if you're using it to support the character with the profession. If you have alts, they're invaluable. I outfit all my alts with weapons, clothes, armor.