test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance - 12/19 7am PST (Pacific)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Everyone,

We'll be performing server maintenance tomorrow 12/19 at 7:00 AM PST. The estimated downtime is 2 hours, but this time could vary.

Patch notes are available here.

When is maintenance for you? Click here to find out.

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1: (7:08 AM PST) Maintenance has begun, patch notes added.
Update 2: (7:47 AM PST) Maintenance is progressing as planned. Still looking at another hour or so of downtime.
Update 3: (8:28 AM PST) Maintenance is still on schedule to be completed by 9 am PST. If anything changes we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience.
Update 4: (8:45 AM PST) Maintenance has completed! Winter Festival should now be playable along with Sword Coast Adventures. Thanks Everyone!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Any news of when the Sword Coast Adventures will be released???

Thanks for response - Tomorrow Cool beans!!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited December 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    Any news of when the Sword Coast Adventures will be released???
    Yup should be available tomorrow. If you want to learn more about it check out this dev blog: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1036411
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    jamesplottsjamesplotts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My wife and I wanted to complain about the times that the Shard maintenance occurs on. It seems to frequently catch us when we have time to play, and is very frustrating.
  • Options
    terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited December 2013
    It's on peak time at Europe, but I guess that it doesn't that much.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Doesn't matter much when they run maintenance, it will be peak time for somebody and be an inconvenience for them. Maintenance always occurs at the same time on Thursday, so plan for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As the duly appointed representative of the Illuminati I would like to take this opportunity to thank our unholy minions in the video gaming industry for their continued good Work in the field of Customer Annoyance. You will be receiving tinny tinfoil hats for the radios in your teeth shortly.
    For any non minion readers on the forums please be patient.
    A Mind Erasure Technician will be dispatched to your location promptly.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Should I say that it equals 1:00AM in the morning for us Aussies and (most of us) are in bed, so I can't see the problem really :) ... No I should not have said that ...
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Weeeee! Christmas event yay! also any collectors/completionists out there who don't already know had better buy the Fey weapons at the Wondrous Bazaar , they get removed with this patch D:
  • Options
    cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can't wait!
    My wife and I wanted to complain about the times that the Shard maintenance occurs on. It seems to frequently catch us when we have time to play, and is very frustrating.

I live in Europe and it Always happens around 4PM till 6PM for me (during worktime), the time can't be better for me! Nothing to complain :-)
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • Options
    skiptisskiptis Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    15-17 UTC on a weekday that isn't Friday is better than what I've seen from other California based companies I can recall in terms of maintenance times for EU players in online games. When I played Planetside 2, SOE used to drop patches on us starting early evening on Fridays (roughly midday for them, which was in itself understandable) having the servers come back up at like midnight (if you were lucky). Right in the peak times, and then you'd have to deal with patches messing up the servers half the time and not being hotfixed until the devs came back to work after the weekend (unless the issues were so severe they made people work weekends to fix it).

So yeah, I'll take these maintenance times over a great many alternatives. :9 And as some already pointed out, it's always going to be inconvenient to someone.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yes it's always a peak time for someone, but I could imagine that Europe is quite big market area for this company too. I play / have played some other games also which servers are in US and never seen a general mainteanance during the time that many Europeans are off work/school.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They do it at this time for all weekly maintenances as it is first thing in the morning for them and if anything happens to break after maintenance is done. Then they have their full day to work on it. If it was done at night for them then devs would not be getting any sleep.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yep I know that. Just shows how much effort to this game is available.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    terhikki wrote: »

15-17 (16-18 CET) on a workday is hardly a "peak" time :P
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It could be done at peak times for the middle of the pacific ocean afecting only the 2 hawaiian players.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    15-17 (16-18 CET) on a workday is hardly a "peak" time :P

Well I usually count it as after school/work time, yea part of people comes at work around 17cet or so, but there is loads of players who are home much earlier. And to me it's peak time ( 17-19 ) and to "few" other players too.
  • Options
    themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2013
    They do it then so they can come into work, patch all the stuff, and then the devs have the rest of their thursday work day, and all of friday if they need it, to fix new bugs etc. before the weekend comes. This way they have a whole team there ready to deal with any problems that may arise, and they dont have to pay as much overtime if something does go wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    any fix for Cantankerous Mage active bonus?
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same complaint in every MMO from Europeans.

Solve the problem yourselves, create an MMO and base it in Europe.

or

Move.
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    terhikki wrote: »

We Europeans rarely do. I used to play the Asheron's Call MMO. A lot. 99% of everything was planned around the all important North American USA market. I do dislike being treated like a second class gamer, but there is nothing (other than resources) stopping a European publisher managing something pro-Euro. Or moving to another game I prefer.

It's a bit like if we complain about Hollywood!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    Same complaint in every MMO from Europeans.

Solve the problem yourselves, create an MMO and base it in Europe.

or

Move.

Did you have to say that with so much condescension? Would it really hurt so much for a small proportion of the downtime to be Euro friendly, just for the sake of being nice? *shake head*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It seemed like this bonus was working. My control is definitely superior to other CWs.
  • Options
    carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    marciooh wrote: »
    I live in Europe and it Always happens around 4PM till 6PM for me (during worktime), the time can't be better for me! Nothing to complain :-)

+1
    same for me
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, I'm in Europe, and the time is very convenient for me ... typically 15:00-17:00, while I am at work, and when I get home it's ready to patch/play.

So, no complaints from me.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rortie wrote: »
    We Europeans rarely do. I used to play the Asheron's Call MMO. A lot. 99% of everything was planned around the all important North American USA market. I do dislike being treated like a second class gamer, but there is nothing (other than resources) stopping a European publisher managing something pro-Euro. Or moving to another game I prefer.

Neverwinter scheduled maintenance times are not planned around the USA market. They are very obviously planned around Cryptic's California timezone workday.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why did the Fey weapons get removed from the bazaar? There was nothing to imply they would be limited time items.
  • Options
    larethanialarethania Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seems as i have tried the swordcoast, and it is now down due to heavy load i cant login on my main char =(

or any of my chars, just crash as soon as i enter the world