test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Characters looted

drunkensotdrunkensot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Anyone else get the characters crystals looted today? This is the reason I never will buy anything from those gold/AC sellers. I didnt have more that 100k total. Is it possible to see what transactions occurred, such as mail from my characters to someone else's, to find out who was responsible?
Post edited by drunkensot on

Comments

• imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only people who can do that is supprt , you need to contact them as soon as possible if you think your account was compromised as well as running a full antivirus sweep and then changing your email and PWI passwords.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    drunkensot wrote: »
    Anyone else get the characters crystals looted today? This is the reason I never will buy anything from those gold/AC sellers. I didnt have more that 100k total. Is it possible to see what transactions occurred, such as mail from my characters to someone else's, to find out who was responsible?

It's not possible to have your account hacked unless you have disabled the IP check system in your PWI account. But as above poster stated most likely your email account has been compromised also.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What's the IP check system? Doesn't sound familiar and I don't see anything under my account but I could be looking in the wrong place.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you contact customer service, they may be able to provide you with access logs for your account.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep, please contact Customer Support ASAP. http://support.perfectworld.com/ or customerservice@perfectworld.com. Thanks!
    imsmithy wrote: »
    The only people who can do that is supprt , you need to contact them as soon as possible if you think your account was compromised as well as running a full antivirus sweep and then changing your email and PWI passwords.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • cellanoid#1655 cellanoid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    What's the IP check system? Doesn't sound familiar and I don't see anything under my account but I could be looking in the wrong place.

They may be referring to Account Guard. For me, whenever I use Gateway for various things, I'm sent an e-mail with a code that I have to enter. (Like Steam Guard)
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rapticor wrote: »

That would be the 1-time code verification that gets sent to your email, so that it can save a certain computer as the primary device used to access the game, much like Steam's guard. I highly recommend it (and keeping your passwords for your NW account and associated e-mail account completely different). This works with both Gateway and for launcher.
    contents to be decided