test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter Festival Questions

vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Will characters gain XP from all the events ? I wouldn't want to out level the main quest lines by participating in the Winter Festival

""New Holiday Items – Use the Lights of Simril and Stars of Fortune currencies to purchase rewards such as the new Sparkling weapons, fashionable scarves, the Winter Sled and Dappled Riding Horse mounts, the Frost Mimic and Fawn of Shialla companions, and more!""

Are these items BoE, BoP or ( dare we hope) Bound to Account?
Post edited by vattara on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I recall the Summer Festival quests giving XP, so the Winter event ones will likely give XP as well...

We really need a "disable XP" toggle we can set, (should also have an option to disable XP for you, but still grant it to companions, if so desired).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    cpendletcpendlet Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2013
    For the summer Festival, the mounts were bind on pick up I believe but the rest was bind on equip (including the pig companion).
    Now for the Halloween event, I think nearly all of that was bind on pickup (except the potions).
  • Options
    howdyyeowhowdyyeow Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2013
    The items are most likely, if not definitely, BoP.

Just look at the previous CtA and Waukeen event, anything good was BoP. But the Halloween event had BoE stuff so it might be different.

As usual it's green quality items again, well played Cryptic/PWE.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since there's mention of a temporary profession related to the event, I'm hoping some of the items will come from that. I do hope that the companions, at least, are BoE, or at least BtA. I'm hoping that there are a few fashion items and weapon transmutation skins, as well.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cpendlet wrote: »
    For the summer Festival, the mounts were bind on pick up I believe but the rest was bind on equip (including the pig companion).
    Now for the Halloween event, I think nearly all of that was bind on pickup (except the potions).

Skeletal dogs was not bind on pick up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fauust01 wrote: »
    Skeletal dogs was not bind on pick up.

wrong event sry :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just saw the "Destructoid" video with the Winter Festival Preview

Looks like the Transmutable weapons are BoE
    The Mimic is BoE
    Sled mount is BoP
    Don't know about the Horse's or Fawn's "Bound" status but Fawn has a +100 Recovery perk :)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    vattara wrote: »
    Just saw the "Destructoid" video with the Winter Festival Preview

Looks like the Transmutable weapons are BoE
    The Mimic is BoE
    Sled mount is BoP
    Don't know about the Horse's or Fawn's "Bound" status but Fawn has a +100 Recovery perk :)

The tool tip from the collection system says BoE for the Fawn as well, but the collection system shows BoE for some BoP items so it could be wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/iw0XA
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    These would be consistent with the behavior of items from the Midsummer Festival, so while I would hesitate to say they're a sure thing, I wouldn't be surprised if they did keep that pattern for festival goodies.

I don't even care what the new skin looks like, my secondary GWF needs to do something about her horrible Reaver's Edge.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    djyrbdjyrb Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Frost Mimic's 'Unbashable' power seems like it might make it much more survivable than Galeb Duhr or other Defender companions in endgame, as long as it can go dormant fairly often.
  • Options
    papablistapapablista Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    vattara wrote: »
    Will characters gain XP from all the events ? I wouldn't want to out level the main quest lines by participating in the Winter Festival

Yea, that kinda bite's, The same with professions more rewards less exp, I do pro's on the gateway just to go in game and see I've out leveled many quest, DoH!
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To be perfectly frank, there are a few quest I don't really mind out leveling!
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead