test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shardness

kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2013 in The Library
Has anyone else noticed the shard not hitting things it runs over? I don't know if it's a glitch or they changed it somehow and didn't bother to say anything /:

Any help is appreciated :)
Post edited by kaoswp on

Comments

• Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited December 2013
    Yep I've noticed it a lot in VT. It will just go through a huge pack of mobs sometimes like they were never there. Something is definitely glitchy.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I've seen lag spikes that is causing that sort of issue. The ball goes through them, explodes, and 3 seconds later they all fall down and get hit.
  • Options
    kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Put it on tab and try to hit the dummies in trade of blades.. Glitched as all hell.
  • Options
    stoxforum1stoxforum1 Banned Users Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    kaoswp wrote: »
    Put it on tab and try to hit the dummies in trade of blades.. Glitched as all hell.

I'm seeing this too.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Glad I am not the only one /: it keeps messing up when I am fighting Senti's. Need to fix that ASAP.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Basically all these behaviors are reported as bugs for a while now, in the proper forum...
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Grrrrreat!

All I ever see in these forums is how wonderific the Shard of Avalanche is on CW. And last night I *finally* leveled my CW to where I can slot this. I am cursed and Cryptic saw me comin'. Sorry for causing them to do this,everyone. -sulks-
  • Options
    donmancinidonmancini Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    I've seen lag spikes that is causing that sort of issue. The ball goes through them, explodes, and 3 seconds later they all fall down and get hit.
    No its not that mate, it goes through and doesent even explodes dealing no dmg just dessapear after a while, so its not the lag spikes its a bug!! reported in bug foroum from many ppl allready, but 2 patches after problem 1st seen no fix yet :(
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It's not doing that now brother. It just won't register hitting things. Shard still explodes and does damage, but I can slide it over them and nothing happens.

Please actually test it like I said before you come on here and scare the hell out of everyone :) thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Basically all these behaviors are reported as bugs for a while now, in the proper forum...

I use shard hundred of times a day. This is new. Like in the last 3 days or so. I wanted to make sure I wasn't being stupid before I reported it lol
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I use shard hundred of times a day. This is new. Like in the last 3 days or so. I wanted to make sure I wasn't being stupid before I reported it lol

Nah you're not. I was doing some 1v1s vs wtfbige's GWF and noticed this happening as well. I went to the trade of blades and the first few times everything went as normal, then I had several over the next 30 mins or so of testing that went straight through all dummies (that were not knocked down) and did no damage either. My temporary fix in pvp kaos is to just try as 3 hits by dropping it on their head, aiming it past them so it doesn't explode on the second hit, and aiming the third one right on them. I've had decent success with this and never had shardsplosion miss, but sometimes shard slam just completely goes through without knocking down or doing damage.
  • Options
    sobekisobeki Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013

this is not there since 3 last days, this is hapenin before module 2 was released (on preview server), sometimes it pass thru targets and sometimes not, but yea... its anoying.
  • Options
    tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Glad I am not the only one /: it keeps messing up when I am fighting Senti's. Need to fix that ASAP.
    Why is shard good against Sentinels?
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I experienced this a lot after mod2 release.
    Shard is going through and then faded away.
    The better case when I see that the mobs are falling away but no animation for explosion.

Not to mention its added to the long existing thing(bug?/wai?) when the shard is knocking down 2 mobs from the side but doesn't pop because it doesn't go through them.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    tokse2 wrote: »
    Why is shard good against Sentinels?

They can't go unstoppable or deflect while knocked prone. Shard can potentially knock a person prone 3 times.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    I experienced this a lot after mod2 release.
    Shard is going through and then faded away.
    The better case when I see that the mobs are falling away but no animation for explosion.

Not to mention its added to the long existing thing(bug?/wai?) when the shard is knocking down 2 mobs from the side but doesn't pop because it doesn't go through them.

It still does the hit and explode damage dude. How do you not notice that? It's just an animation glitch.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Shard also is "reflected" many yards away if GWF go unstoppable at the right time and you remain minus Mastery encounter for what, 14 secs?

Anyway good GWFs have enough HP, regen and resources these days to not give a **** about shard.

But it is cool to prone them in the context of having somebody else to prone them again and so on so they are perma-proned. Alone, CW vs GWF, all you will gain by trying to cast shard is just a big sword-smash over the head.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Tencharacters
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Tencharacters
  • Options
    edited December 2013

10 snippy chars
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I am 90% sure that you are going to respond with something else aggressive and it will probably involve the word "repel". So, I will not be responding.

Wow Kaos.

Totally out of line man..

The fact is still true though. Most Sentinels (The Geared ones anyway) Wont give two hoots about Shard these days. Not for 1v1 encounters.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    donmancinidonmancini Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2013
    It still does the hit and explode damage dude. How do you not notice that? It's just an animation glitch.

Dude sometimes it doesent do the hit and dmg i told you beofre and another tells you as well waybe you dont have this problem from my guild 5 cws expirienced the same so stop saying that it does dmg youjust dont see it we are not stupid we know what we see, and you cant see our screen. Buttom line shard is tottaly ****ed up!!
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    At first I thought it was just the familiar animation glitch, but since Module 2 I've actually observed Shard passing through viable targets without registering any hits. No damage, no prone. It doesn't happen frequently when I play my CWs, but I've seen it enough now to be sure that it's a real issue (and it's not the known glitch with Singularity).
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Not that it makes it ok, I was arguing with a customer at the same time as posting my last comments. Point is, that was way out of line and I want to apologize. That was all on me and I am sorry :(

I get A LOT of people complaining and trolling me these days and lately I have been taking things the wrong way. Also, uber-geared senti, you are correct.
  • Options
    thorny911thorny911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you are fighting an uber sent in a pug its not going to matter much unless you have IK ready. In a PMvsPM Shard is epic good and a good way to quickly clear that pesky sent. Any/all prones must be used on tank GWF's or you're not really going to be able to kill them.

- Farvalin
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Not that it makes it ok, I was arguing with a customer at the same time as posting my last comments.

It was just a misunderstanding, everything back to normal :P
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ahhh...I can feel the love all the way from Florida.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Misplaced rage is a terrible thing xD

And there are like 20 total CWs so we need to feel the love or we will have no one lol
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Customers are excellent at inducing rage. The customers in this game make me rage, and I don't even work for Cryptic or PWE.

Everyone should be required to work customer service at some point; it would probably make for better customers all around.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now that everyone has switched to HRs you may be right! We CWs need to stick together...save the one CW that hates Steal Time...lol.

Just kidding Ianthewizard!

BTW. Kaos, when are you going to unvail that guide of yours? I for one would like to see it.