test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

(FATAL ERROR) Client Crash Report

gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
gcWXNGM.jpg

The messages inside the FATAL ERROR box are almost always different, but it's nonstop. I can play for 2 minutes, sometimes 30 minutes, last night I played for an hour or more. But eventually (especially in Gauntlgrym) this WILL kick me out of the game. It will also alter my GPU fan speed back to the default 40%.

Is there any information out there on how to fix this, or is there a patch coming?

And don't ask me to Force Verify all the files. I've done that 3 times.
@Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
Post edited by gornonthecob on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . I've been getting this consistently as well since Module 2. Just as the OP describes, it can happen within the first few minutes... or after a few hours. It seemingly comes with no common denominator and has happened just about anywhere, and everywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    gBbknsL.jpg

Just got another. From what I can decipher, it's something to do with the textures in the game?
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    GBhskct.jpg

And another...
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
    edited December 2013
    chxz.png

I have a GTX570 GPU if that helps. I use the settings the game auto-set for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    vf4OdH1.jpg
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hb8rqAP.jpg
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    gweyrgweyr Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    Lighting Quality
    Shadows
    Screen-space ambient occlusion

Try setting those graphics settings on minimum. Worked like a charm when I had the same issues.
  • Options
    yamychyamych Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If before a crash you have screen full of green artifacts looking like "$" signs or dots and its Nvidia GTX 500 series then there is some solution. GTX 500 series comes underclocked by default and its causing "green $ problem" with certain games. Had same problem in FarCry3 and CoD:BO2 and now in Neverwinter.
    To fix it you need some utility that can tweak voltage on GPU. I used "Nvidia Inspector", but there is similar utilites like "MSI Afterburner" and so. On my GTX580 default voltage was 1.038V. Changing it to 1.050V leads to 6 hours without a single crash. No need to change other clockings.
    A few things: 1.050V may be not enought for some GPU. You could try to up voltage little by little until problem gone. Setting it higher than 1.1V not recomended. Be sure that cooling system on GPU is working and keep eye on GPU temperature. After reboot GPU driver settings will be back to defaults and you'll need to set it again.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I followed gweyr's advice...
    gweyr wrote: »
    Lighting Quality
    Shadows

Try setting those graphics settings on minimum. Worked like a charm when I had the same issues.

...and I was able to play for about 3 hours last night without crashing. So far so good.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    lfishlfish Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gweyr wrote: »
    Lighting Quality
    Shadows

I tried so but still, after some hours it freezed and I had to restart my system.

I also got a Nvidia graphic card and I am really desperate about these ongoing crashes/freezes ... :/
  • Options
    cenobite451cenobite451 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 87
    edited January 2014
    Oh hey, fun! Can I join?

2u8z4ua.jpg

:( ...
  • Options
    smokedaddysmokedaddy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    this is what I get if I hit the play button on the launcher