Install Arc
Options

Master of Archery DOA

2»

Comments

• Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think two good potential replacement MoA feats would be either on crit a x% attack speed increase for y seconds or on crit a x% critical severity increase for y seconds.

The first one would basically increase the animation speed/cast time for attacks. Some of our attacks have pretty long animations. The latter is pretty self explanatory.
  • Options
    omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    if you want to base it on cool down because it was a "fix" then make it the lowest an encounter can cool down for... aka 3 to 5 seconds
    A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
  • Options
    ifloniflon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    How about less QQ and more looking at other classes capstone feats. You'll see just how pathetic most of them are.

I do not know what class your playing, But i used to play GWF and the last feast where very much a needed and must have point to keep the synergy of the class in its place aswell as being a damage increase on ecounter while being in unstopable AKA a mechanic

So when i compare Ranged VS my Prev played class: GWF. The fest system looks like an absolute joke. Even to the point where i dont even bother spend that point.
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    GWF capstones really weren't that great. For Destroyer/Sentinels, it is really the 5/5 before the capstone that matters. The capstone was just icing on the cake. The whole instigator feat tree barely makes any sense and is really bad if not for the capstone, which itself is odd and very situational. I have played every other class except CW, and it is always the feats in the tree that truly defines it more than the capstone.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    GWF capstones really weren't that great. For Destroyer/Sentinels, it is really the 5/5 before the capstone that matters. The capstone was just icing on the cake. The whole instigator feat tree barely makes any sense and is really bad if not for the capstone, which itself is odd and very situational. I have played every other class except CW, and it is always the feats in the tree that truly defines it more than the capstone.

What do you mean not that great?

Build up more determination = able to use unstopable faster
    Unstopable = increase Encounter's Damage by 10 %

And with 25% of recovery made into armor penetration there is a good chance our Encounters are on coldown quite often.
    And since we get determination when we get hit we have great chance to have unstopable up quite alot.

So that last feast itself does bring quite some effect to the table and most def not something where you would ever be in doubt if worth spend that last point there.

Compared to Rangers where the "buf" is right now close to non existing, cause if you have decent gear there is a great chance your next hit would of been a Critial Hit anyway.
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Destroyer capstone isn't that great. The determination gain from damage is tiny. The vast majority still comes from Roar/damage taken. Test it on targets dummies. Mind numbing how long it takes to just get to 50%. Sentinels and Instigators will get unstoppable nearly as much.

10% damage only to encounters while unstoppable is nice for burst damage, but not much of an overall DPS boost.

Destroyers also cannot get SotS and 15% more damage to marked targets like an instigator/sentinel can.

Destroyers are defined by the feats in the tree like I said, and as you alluded to for 25% of recovery into ArPen as well as the other feats.

I have a hard time seeing how the nerfed capstone is not worth "1" point. It is now kind of meh and the nerf was heavy handed for sure. Making it only affect enounters is kind of silly given the ranger mechanics. I agree they went overboard. But argument comparing to other classes capstones is a little flawed.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    iflon wrote: »
    What do you mean not that great?

Build up more determination = able to use unstopable faster
    Unstopable = increase Encounter's Damage by 10 %

And with 25% of recovery made into armor penetration there is a good chance our Encounters are on coldown quite often.
    And since we get determination when we get hit we have great chance to have unstopable up quite alot.

So that last feast itself does bring quite some effect to the table and most def not something where you would ever be in doubt if worth spend that last point there.

Compared to Rangers where the "buf" is right now close to non existing, cause if you have decent gear there is a great chance your next hit would of been a Critial Hit anyway.

Master of Archery before the nerf was way better then any GWF capstone why you ask it had extreme synergy with Correcting aim and prime crit you could basically crit almost 100% of the time with att wills and almost have no CD on encounters what so ever thanks to prime crit procs.This in it's own right had even more OP synergy with grand Warden and High Sentry ARMOR Set Bonus This let rangers do insane amounts of dps. WHEN just three feats provide so much overwhelming Synergetic dps it kinda calls to be put in line.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    Destroyer capstone isn't that great. The determination gain from damage is tiny. The vast majority still comes from Roar/damage taken. Test it on targets dummies. Mind numbing how long it takes to just get to 50%. Sentinels and Instigators will get unstoppable nearly as much.

10% damage only to encounters while unstoppable is nice for burst damage, but not much of an overall DPS boost.

Destroyers also cannot get SotS and 15% more damage to marked targets like an instigator/sentinel can.

Destroyers are defined by the feats in the tree like I said, and as you alluded to for 25% of recovery into ArPen as well as the other feats.

I have a hard time seeing how the nerfed capstone is not worth "1" point. It is now kind of meh and the nerf was heavy handed for sure. Making it only affect enounters is kind of silly given the ranger mechanics. I agree they went overboard. But argument comparing to other classes capstones is a little flawed.

Well not sure if we use same spec but for me this last point is key to the way i play my GWF.

Takes 25 Seconds on a single target to gain unstopable and whenever i take dmg it goes even faster.
    Taking dmg also increase determination by alot so taking small or large amount of dmg easy brings the unstopable timer down alot.

Now keep in mind this is 1 points vs anything else where you spend 5 for a full effect.
    1 Points for 10% more ecounter dmg and slow but steady determination.

I dont know maybe it just me but thats a great deal to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    Master of Archery before the nerf was way better then any GWF capstone why you ask it had extreme synergy with Correcting aim and prime crit you could basically crit almost 100% of the time with att wills and almost have no CD on encounters what so ever thanks to prime crit procs.This in it's own right had even more OP synergy with grand Warden and High Sentry ARMOR Set Bonus This let rangers do insane amounts of dps. WHEN just three feats provide so much overwhelming Synergetic dps it kinda calls to be put in line.

Unless you aim to stay at low crit its absolute useless why? the more crit you get the bigger chance your next hit would been a crit either way, and you can just get 40-45% crit now and you can still keep your encounters up the entire time, so it would basickly just even itself out with better gear.

It was not as "op" as ppl think it was only diffrent is now your not getting any reward doing rain of arrow nor thorn cause it only crit on "First" hit rather then all of them compared to a single attack where it would increase up to 5000+ dmg.

In my opinion it did not call for a remove of mechanic for a certain skillset but an adjustment for overall dmg? by reduce dmg on the powers. to reduce dmg in more fair way overall then make half the ability's now completely un affected and useless.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    The moment module 2 hit preview and i saw the ranger archery path i was omfg its so ****ing op its gona be nerfed. The sinergy between correcting aim, getting guaranteed crits and reducing cds with crits on an aoe damage dealer screamed nerf from the start.

I come from diablo 3 and i was critical mass wiz, similar concept without all the additional crit kindness and it was being nerfed patch after patch.

so yeah i was seeing this nerf bat coming miles away.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ximae wrote: »
    The moment module 2 hit preview and i saw the ranger archery path i was omfg its so ****ing op its gona be nerfed. The sinergy between correcting aim, getting guaranteed crits and reducing cds with crits on an aoe damage dealer screamed nerf from the start.

I come from diablo 3 and i was critical mass wiz, similar concept without all the additional crit kindness and it was being nerfed patch after patch.

so yeah i was seeing this nerf bat coming miles away.

Yeah cause it obviously got nerf for the damage and not the perma freeze.. trying to compare these games 10k crits vs 2-3m crits just dosent scale same way.

and with 40% crit on my Ranger i still reset coldown quite fast, im not even 40% crit and i can keep thorn and rain of fire up nearly 90% of time
    so there will still be ppl crying about the dmg? and then nerf them dmg and we have a boring class without mechanic and horrible dmg aswell.

Also how much did they nerf the crit chance in diablo 3?. as far i am aware you still able to get atleast 49% Crit from gear alone. Ring 1/2, Neck, Gloves, Inna's Pants and offhand + 15% Crit more from 1 skill ability when hit 5 or more target's lets be realistic here thats 64% total effective Crit chance that is

40% crit + garenty crit after a crit how much more effective crit you actual think ull have? if you are going to say 80% your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only thing I have with this nerf is that I feel that 20 seconds for a feat like this is kind of..long. 10 seconds would've been fine imo.

That said, main reason I went ranged build was because of fluff(character concept and all). I really don't feel my character fits the melee or the nature build.

That said, I felt it was coming. I just feel that everyone who had a ranger before the nerf should at least have their feats be able to be respecced, because this is a rather deep-in feat.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah cause it obviously got nerf for the damage and not the perma freeze.. trying to compare these games 10k crits vs 2-3m crits just dosent scale same way.

and with 40% crit on my Ranger i still reset coldown quite fast, im not even 40% crit and i can keep thorn and rain of fire up nearly 90% of time
    so there will still be ppl crying about the dmg? and then nerf them dmg and we have a boring class without mechanic and horrible dmg aswell.

Also how much did they nerf the crit chance in diablo 3?. as far i am aware you still able to get atleast 49% Crit from gear alone. Ring 1/2, Neck, Gloves, Inna's Pants and offhand + 15% Crit more from 1 skill ability when hit 5 or more target's lets be realistic here thats 64% total effective Crit chance that is

40% crit + garenty crit after a crit how much more effective crit you actual think ull have? if you are going to say 80% your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

D3 is obviously a different game, but it was just an example of how even with less crit tools a mechanic can break the game. So its not about the damage scaling its about the mechanic, specially having all the good crit tools that synergise so well together... dont even need to stack crit to make it work like it was. It was even worse in preview when the cd reduction was 1 sec.

In my opinon it was an oversight from the devs putting all that together coz its bound to be abused, should have split some of the stuff around the paragon paths. That doesnt mean i like the way the handled that feat but to me the way te ranger archery path was designed it was obvious nerfs were coming sooner or later, no surprise on my part and if u were then u are obviously biased or blind.

I still think there will be more nerfs coming, coz as u said with just 40% crit chance ur still resetting skills like mad, d3 at least had proc rates to play with in order to tweak skills.... ranger aoes critting independently is still broken without implementing a way to tweak it..
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    What exactly do you mean by less crit tools? its not even hard to achieve 64% crit itself in d3 effectively. however if you need the IAS and ARES at same time it will be hard and cost if your not willing to find the "gear" yourself.

It have never been about having lots of crit in D3 that was a problem. What they changed and was a problem was Elites not having a diminishing return on frozen, in this case you can't perma freeze boss / Elites 100%.

A great example of how they took advantage of change other things then class mechanic to ballance there game.

Its bound to be abused?, To me it just seems like a somewhat great mechanic to give ranged the coldown reduction we seems to be missing out alot on in gear. Granted i dont have BIS gear or anything as i barely play anymore due to this lates patch.

Aswell as most gear ive seen drop so far is heavy on just about anything but Recovery and seems to stack way to much deflect? (not so usefull for a non-melee ranged spec)

You are aware its not the last feast that reset skills ? its actual a 0/5 pts skill a few steps before. and its a very small chance aswell but even then ull get reset fast special with AoE.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I dont know why u keep pushing the d3 comparison when i told u it was just an example, anyways.
    What exactly do you mean by less crit tools? its not even hard to achieve 64% crit itself in d3 effectively. however if you need the IAS and ARES at same time it will be hard and cost if your not willing to find the "gear" yourself.

Yes but u HAD to take the crit the ias and lots of it, forcing u to make specific gear choices and sacrifices unless u could afford the truly godly gear and even then u still limited urself. Ranger bfore nerf could have a godly crit rate without even stacking it because the two feats, that was wrong.
    It have never been about having lots of crit in D3 that was a problem. What they changed and was a problem was Elites not having a diminishing return on frozen, in this case you can't perma freeze boss / Elites 100%.

A great example of how they took advantage of change other things then class mechanic to ballance there game.

No, they actually never fixed cm they reduced proc rates on the skills added the cc inmunty and it still worked like a charm, it just made gearing more expensive as u just needed more crit and more ias... actually once u had great gear u could even just run around without freeze, freezing was just a covenience so the more mobile mobs would stay still so u could blast them off faster.

Its bound to be abused?, To me it just seems like a somewhat great mechanic to give ranged the coldown reduction we seems to be missing out alot on in gear. Granted i dont have BIS gear or anything as i barely play anymore due to this lates patch.

It is!.. but u cant put it together with the 2 other crit feats so u can get away with using it without stacking crit, Balance its about choices and sacifices so if u want to use certain build u should invest in it and it should reduce ur options towards other things (stat allocation) unless u can pay(invest time farming) for the really good stuff (u get more stats to allocate thus are less limited)
    Aswell as most gear ive seen drop so far is heavy on just about anything but Recovery and seems to stack way to much deflect? (not so usefull for a non-melee ranged spec)

Dont need to have that much recovery in ur set anyways u can stack it through other gear-enchantment-artifact choices, u can invest in int like perma rogues do, and guess what doing that stuff makes u have less of other stuff, loose raw dps, etc... balance.
    You are aware its not the last feast that reset skills ? its actual a 0/5 pts skill a few steps before. and its a very small chance aswell but even then ull get reset fast special with AoE.

yes i am aware, i also have a ranger. and no, the chance is 100% (no proc rate) what it is is a small cd reduction (0.5s) per every crit.... on aoes that crit independently. But its fine as it is... it already got nerfed from 1 sec to 0,5 from preview.....

My problem and what i think was imbalanced (so did they as they nerfed) is the synergy between the 3 feats ( that one + correcting aim + moa) and having them together in the same feat tree that allowed rangers to ignore crit stacking and crit like mofos...

In my opinion it was a designer oversight, if they had just split those feats between the different feat trees they would not have had to nerf anything.

Understand my point of view now?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ximae wrote: »
    I dont know why u keep pushing the d3 comparison when i told u it was just an example, anyways.

Yes but u HAD to take the crit the ias and lots of it, forcing u to make specific gear choices and sacrifices unless u could afford the truly godly gear and even then u still limited urself. Ranger bfore nerf could have a godly crit rate without even stacking it because the two feats, that was wrong.

No, they actually never fixed cm they reduced proc rates on the skills added the cc inmunty and it still worked like a charm, it just made gearing more expensive as u just needed more crit and more ias... actually once u had great gear u could even just run around without freeze, freezing was just a covenience so the more mobile mobs would stay still so u could blast them off faster.

It is!.. but u cant put it together with the 2 other crit feats so u can get away with using it without stacking crit, Balance its about choices and sacifices so if u want to use certain build u should invest in it and it should reduce ur options towards other things (stat allocation) unless u can pay(invest time farming) for the really good stuff (u get more stats to allocate thus are less limited)

Dont need to have that much recovery in ur set anyways u can stack it through other gear-enchantment-artifact choices, u can invest in int like perma rogues do, and guess what doing that stuff makes u have less of other stuff, loose raw dps, etc... balance.

yes i am aware, i also have a ranger. and no, the chance is 100% (no proc rate) what it is is a small cd reduction (0.5s) per every crit.... on aoes that crit independently. But its fine as it is... it already got nerfed from 1 sec to 0,5 from preview.....

My problem and what i think was imbalanced (so did they as they nerfed) is the synergy between the 3 feats ( that one + correcting aim + moa) and having them together in the same feat tree that allowed rangers to ignore crit stacking and crit like mofos...

In my opinion it was a designer oversight, if they had just split those feats between the different feat trees they would not have had to nerf anything.

Understand my point of view now?

Here is your big wish of a nerf hope your happy =))

http://www.twitch.tv/iflon/c/3398351

I am just overall disapointed in how bad scripted this class is, And no cant ignore crit even with the old feast you would still benefit from having crit you just wouldn gain alot getting past xx% crit And stacking Recovery dosent seem like a choise we have?

5000 Power
    1600 Crit
    2000 Armor Pen
    300 Recovery

that is my current stats from Gear + Companion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe it would be better if it proc'ed at 10 seconds? Mabye 12?
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited December 2013
    I was thinking a fair exchange might be a 5-10 second cool down but with the proc'ed crit at only 30-50% of full crit severity%.

Not that i mind the changes, I don't really care; but others seem to so there thats my two cents.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ^

I don't see why that should do much diffrent at all its still kinda useless.

^^

thats just stupid, sorry i know your just trying to help but i think you overlook something

100 damage noncrit vs 200 damage crit, - 30/50% 140-100 damage. so if your at 50% recdution you do exactly same damage as if wouldn crit at all, based of crit being duble the damage of non critical hits usual not accurate 200% damage but usual not to far of either
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited December 2013
    The crit severity reduction numbers aren't literal, i mean 30-50 is taken to the extreme here I mean even if it's smaller it would still guarantee a crit; the damage would just be smaller.

But yeah, I guess its kinda stupid.

I don't care, and i can continue to not care because it doesn't affect me the way it does others i guess even though I'm using the same feat.
  • Options
    marracenmarracen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Funny, people say there was no nerf, just a bug fix. Obviously you never spent time testing your damage, before and after. Before i could stack 2-3 crits, 20-30k each, now my highest crit is, barely, 24k and it's once in a blue moon. I roll up on a sent build gwf, use aimed shot, hit for 5-10k, if i crit, maybe do 20k, he pops enrage, and is full health, charges me, knocks me down, stuns me and I'm dead before I get a second shot. Or, I snare him first, and while aimed shot is winding up, he enrages and sprints out of the snare and kills me before i get a second shot. With the capstone working I could aimed rapid shot once or twice get the crit stack going and take him down to where he was melee-able. If I wanted a melee build, I would make a, far superior, perma stealth **** fotm tr. I built a RANGER... RANGE... Now you have to be 16k just to hope to give a DC a decent run. Sorry, they killed the whole ranger aspect of the build. Don't care if you agree, disagree, troll w/e. I know I'm 100% correct in this.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While I agree that after testing this change is pretty harsh, it far from kills ranged for HR's. Even a fully combat specced ranger can use ranged very well until the enemy closes the distance and it is time to get wet.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    marracen wrote: »
    Funny, people say there was no nerf, just a bug fix. Obviously you never spent time testing your damage, before and after. Before i could stack 2-3 crits, 20-30k each, now my highest crit is, barely, 24k and it's once in a blue moon.

Seeing as the feat had no impact on the size of your crits and only their frequency your anecdotal information is, at best, flawed.

The feat got nerfed.

The feat is not useless. OMG abandon the archery tree.

It just got brought in line with other capstones feats, perhaps a little too strongly with the 20s cap, but in my play experience it seems to function ok. It will depend on the long term changes to its interaction with powers.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seeing as the feat had no impact on the size of your crits and only their frequency your anecdotal information is, at best, flawed.

The feat got nerfed.

The feat is not useless. OMG abandon the archery tree.

It just got brought in line with other capstones feats, perhaps a little too strongly with the 20s cap, but in my play experience it seems to function ok. It will depend on the long term changes to its interaction with powers.

I would say it is weaker than most, but that's hopefully something that will be resolved in the future by shortening the cooldown.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.