test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perma stealth still viable?

momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
edited December 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I have an alt that uses this build:
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?324111-Build-Guide-quot-INT-Rogue-quot-Perma-Stealth-Build&highlight=perma+stealth

Was under the impression that with the changes to At-wills lowering stealth etc perma stealth was no longer viable?

How is perma stealth being maintained in pvp now? And are they any good?

I haven't actually seen any in recent days but there are posts referring to them still being in the game and apparently being effective.
Post edited by momothebored on

Comments

• Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The at-will changes didn't go through.
    Permastealth is still viable.

the common encounters are

Shadow Strike/ BaS/ ITC
    or
    Shadow Strike/ BaS/ Impact Shot

the common at wills

CoS/SF
    CoS/GC
    GC/SF
    21.jpg
  • Options
    momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2013
    Thanks, but i respecced out of perma-stealth with the free respec a few days ago.

Hadn't even used it since the news about the at-will nerf came out.

Had always been disappointed with it somewhat because of the damage.

And with the lantern, probably even less useful than before.

Shadow Strike/ BaS/ ITC
    or

the common at wills

CoS/SF
    CoS/GC
    GC/SF
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What nerf?
    Gloaming cut?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There was a change tested on preview ages ago to make at-will attacks drain stealth. It was so crippling to pretty much all rogues, perma-stealth or otherwise, that it was never implemented.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Then again, even with that nerf, attacking in stealth would have still been viable. The alternative build I created for my original build aimed to create a rogue that is still able to attack while in Stealth. People will complain no matter what, and the cycle of hating will begin anew.
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have an alt that uses this build:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?324111-Build-Guide-quot-INT-Rogue-quot-Perma-Stealth-Build&highlight=perma+stealth

Was under the impression that with the changes to At-wills lowering stealth etc perma stealth was no longer viable?

How is perma stealth being maintained in pvp now? And are they any good?

I haven't actually seen any in recent days but there are posts referring to them still being in the game and apparently being effective.

I am permastealth TR - normally I top the charts in points, if not kills.

My build is a bit different - I went DEX & CHA instead of DEX & INT, and socket lashing blade instead of impact shot. As such, my DPS is a lot higher, but I have a very narrow margin of error in my skill rotation to maintain stealth.

I will say that since mod2 I get wrecked by GWFs if I try and facetank them.
  • Options
    sosdetomateesosdetomatee Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Shadow Strike/ BaS/ ITC
    or

the common at wills

CoS/SF
    CoS/GC
    GC/SF
    Isn't Disheartening strike a good attack from stealth or the damage isn't as good as it seems that it will be?
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's a DoT with a fairly long cast time (longer than GC) for a rogue so it's not very good in PvP because any character with enough regen recovers the damage from it too fast.

Besides the Whisper knife paragon path Is pretty bad for the perma stealth build because of the loss of Gloaming Cut and Impossible to Catch.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    It's a DoT with a fairly long cast time (longer than GC) for a rogue so it's not very good in PvP because any character with enough regen recovers the damage from it too fast.

Besides the Whisper knife paragon path Is pretty bad for the perma stealth build because of the loss of Gloaming Cut and Impossible to Catch.

I actually respeced my alt tr from a int/recovery/master duelist scoundrel build based on mass daily/encounter spamming to a whisperknife to test it out and i have to disagree with u.

U can perma just fine with it as long as go for a 20 int/1800 recovery build with it and take all the correct perma feats (specially the 20% stealth and the 10% stealth on dodge) and skulkers. Im not missing gloaming cut at all since im not relying on it for the stealth recovery I can freely use duelist flurry and that paired with disheartening strike is alot of bleed dmg.

Also the new daily hatefull knifes is also a stealth refiller, 25% at cast and refills ur stealth alot for 5 secs afterwrds anytime u hit the target. if u feat it which u should if ur going the perma route.

As for pvp, as a perma, its not that bad at all. since ur in stealth the cast time of disheartening isnt an issue and it does some pretty good damage u can stay primary ranged with cos or if u need more beef use duelist.

The main problem is the loss of itc, thats what hurts most as u are forced to use the new encounter as a cc breaker and it requires to be set up (having thrown the first knife to be able to break cc) good thing is that that encounter has no cool down its basically like an atwill so if ur meticulous setting it up constantly u will have access to more cc breaker casts that with itc, but u cant use it to facetank as the inmunity is pretty brief.