test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How Can You Change a Keystone Feat Without Offering a Respec?

freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
How can you make a drastic change to Master of Archery, a keystone feat, without offering a respec?

I do not think that is fair.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    How can they "Rework" Stalwart Bulwark and not offer free unsockets?

According to the DEV's it was a bug and they fixed it and not nerf!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    This is NOT a bug fix, you've completely re-worked and re-worded a keystone feat here Cryptic/PWE. Time to pony up and offer a free respec.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I suppose I should also mention that this NEW version of Master of Archery is totally bonkers bugged when used with Thorn Ward.

When Master of Archery is procced, and then Thorn Ward is cast, Thorn Ward crits every time until another encounter is used and then Thorn Ward stops critting. Thorn Ward does not consume the Master of Archery buff... way to rush in a nerf.
  • Options
    pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    How can they "Rework" Stalwart Bulwark and not offer free unsockets?

According to the DEV's it was a bug and they fixed it and not nerf!

can't wait til they "Fix" the bug that HR can use a bow and has the ability to dodge 1 attack. obviously shouldn't happen. I mean come on its a big bug that rangers use bows too.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Rain of Arrows ALSO doesn't consume the NEW Master of Archery feat... do you test anything Cryptic/PWE??
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    This NEW Master of Archery feat was implemented BUGGED, yet we do not receive a respec... very very unfair tbh. I am a paying customer and that is my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I dumped almost $40 in to my new HR (mount + stone + one BOUGHT respec at 60) and this is how you conduct business?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I dumped almost $40 in to my new HR (mount + stone + one BOUGHT respec at 60) and this is how you conduct business?

You must be a new player of NW?

Us old players that have been here 200+ days have seen this since day 1. It's nothing new.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    This is NOT a bug fix, you've completely re-worked and re-worded a keystone feat here Cryptic/PWE. Time to pony up and offer a free respec.
    panderus wrote: »
    This particular feat was more of a bug fix as it caused a couple odd cases.

The DD chest is fixed, but the note was mixed up elsewhere. I added that in the notes, thanks!

Above is a quote from a DEV.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I suppose I should also mention that this NEW version of Master of Archery is totally bonkers bugged when used with Thorn Ward.

When Master of Archery is procced, and then Thorn Ward is cast, Thorn Ward crits every time until another encounter is used and then Thorn Ward stops critting. Thorn Ward does not consume the Master of Archery buff... way to rush in a nerf.

All chained skills work that way:

TR DF - If the 1st hit crts the others do also same with deflection.

When a skill is cast it does it's rolls and then those rolls stick for the entire duration of the skill.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you are a paying customer then BUY a respec token (hey, good news: they're ON SALE right now). As for the other comments about rain of arrows and the rest also becoming "broken" - it sounds like it's too EARLY to throw around freebie respecs as you'll just expect another one when they "finish" fixing the feat, then, right?

I so love threads like these. It helps my work days move along so much faster when I get to laugh like this.

Note: I am not laughing at the posters (the people making the posts) - I am laughing at the posts (as a whole) themselves. Rather than reacting with knee-jerk reflexes, how about we all just chill-out and be patient?

-shrugs-
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    All chained skills work that way:

TR DF - If the 1st hit crts the others do also same with deflection.

When a skill is cast it does it's rolls and then those rolls stick for the entire duration of the skill.

The Master of Archery buff does NOT GET CONSUMED. AKA I use one At-Will, it crits, I get Master of Archery, now I can never use another At-Will and crit on every one of my encounters as long as I use Thorn Ward, Split the Sky, and Rain of Arrows... they all crit 100% while also not consuming Master of Archery.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    If you are a paying customer then BUY a respec token (hey, good news: they're ON SALE right now). As for the other comments about rain of arrows and the rest also becoming "broken" - it sounds like it's too EARLY to throw around freebie respecs as you'll just expect another one when they "finish" fixing the feat, then, right?

I so love threads like these. It helps my work days move along so much faster when I get to laugh like this.

Note: I am not laughing at the posters (the people making the posts) - I am laughing at the posts (as a whole) themselves. Rather than reacting with knee-jerk reflexes, how about we all just chill-out and be patient?

-shrugs-

So, when should respecs be given? A keystone feat was not only changed in wording, but overall functionality while at the same time being TOTALLY bugged in regards to several encounters for the class. I have already tested it.

I've already bought a, "respect," token. I refined my build at level 60, why should I have to buy another one because the dev company suddenly decides to completely alter the functionality of a keystone feat?

It's funny how it was called a bug fix. The wording of the feat was exactly how it functioned, and now not only has the wording been changed, but so has the function.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So, when should respecs be given? A keystone feat was not only changed in wording, but overall functionality while at the same time being TOTALLY bugged in regards to several encounters for the class. I have already tested it.

I've already bought a, "respect," token. I refined my build at level 60, why should I have to buy another one because the dev company suddenly decides to completely alter the functionality of a keystone feat?

It's funny how it was called a bug fix. The wording of the feat was exactly how it functioned, and now not only has the wording been changed, but so has the function.

MOD 3 - You can get your next Respec.

Or as angrysprite stated it's on sale. Less than 150k AD. Which is just a couple days of doing daily's.

also by how you are stating that all of your encounters now have a 100% CRT uptime, sounds like a major buff to me!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    MOD 3 - You can get your next Respec.

Or as angrysprite stated it's on sale. Less than 150k AD. Which is just a couple days of doing daily's.

also by how you are stating that all of your encounters now have a 100% CRT uptime, sounds like a major buff to me!

So, you're just going to troll?

It's a major DPS loss because even at 100% crit rating those encounters do such little damage that it doesn't make up for the loss of damage on At-Wills, which is where HR gets their main source of damage.

I ALREADY bought a respec in order to refine my Archery build, now I would rather go another line... why should I be forced to pay again? With that business practice, just keep changing all of the feats around and force respecs for the profit.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So, you're just going to troll?

It's a major DPS loss because even at 100% crit rating those encounters do such little damage that it doesn't make up for the loss of damage on At-Wills, which is where HR gets their main source of damage.

I haven't lost any damage as I went with a superior melee build.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Angrysprite took anger management classes? :)

It was a bug. It needed to be fixed. I rather they fix it now, then wait 4 months down the line and do it. I'd ask if they can make the cooldown 10 seconds, that's 6 guranteed crits a minute, if you crit within that time period. I'd also ask that it was all powers, not just encounters. However, a bug had to be fixed, carry on Devs!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    Angrysprite took anger management classes? :)

It was a bug. It needed to be fixed. I rather they fix it now, then wait 4 months down the line and do it. I'd ask if they can make the cooldown 10 seconds, that's 6 guranteed crits a minute, if you crit within that time period. I'd also ask that it was all powers, not just encounters. However, a bug had to be fixed, carry on Devs!

So by doing exactly as what it was worded to do, it was bugged? The functionality has been changed to the point where it no longer even affects At-Wills, that is a MAJOR reason why I chose that feat line. Previous wording stated that, "When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next attack will crit." Funny how it did exactly what it was worded to do... that's some bug it even alters the wording of the feat to match it's, "Bugged," functionality.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So by doing exactly as what it was worded to do, it was bugged? The functionality has been changed to the point where it no longer even affects At-Wills, that is a MAJOR reason why I chose that feat line. Previous wording stated that, "When you crit with a ranged attack, guarantee that your next attack will crit." Funny how it did exactly what it was worded to do... that's some bug it even alters the wording of the feat to match it's, "Bugged," functionality.

According to the DEVs it was bugged and it's now been fixed. Just like fox cunning having a CC immunity was not intended and removed.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    The bug is something *not* seen by players. What if it was part of the reason for the lag spikes? Due to the calculations required? Just as a for example. I have no source for what the bug was. All I know is the official said it was a bug that was causing issues. They changed it to correct that bug. Not that the ability itself was bugged, but that there was a bug and the ability was tied to it.

Anyone who has done programming knows how potentially unrelated things can impact one another in the code level.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Rather than reacting with knee-jerk reflexes, how about we all just chill-out and be patient?

No. Everything is absolutely ruined forever, just like last time, and next time, and and and....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    The bug is something *not* seen by players. What if it was part of the reason for the lag spikes? Due to the calculations required? Just as a for example. I have no source for what the bug was. All I know is the official said it was a bug that was causing issues. They changed it to correct that bug. Not that the ability itself was bugged, but that there was a bug and the ability was tied to it.

Anyone who has done programming knows how potentially unrelated things can impact one another in the code level.

I see what you're saying but I don't agree. Fixing a bug and then also changing functionality... it is just wrong to assume that it was just a, "Bug fix." However, by calling it a bug fix it removes any responsibility for Cryptic/PWE to offer HR players a free respec token.
    No. Everything is absolutely ruined forever, just like last time, and next time, and and and....

It's not about having a knee jerk reaction. It's about a dev company altering the fundamental way a specific path for a class plays out which affects how players perceive that class path. In this case, I now perceive the Archery path in a negative way, and I no longer would like that path DUE to the very change they made to the keystone feat of that path.

This is basically forcing me in to a position to spend money on a respec because of a change that was made without regard to how the players would perceive the change. It's a fundamental difference in this feat that causes it to no longer affect At-Wills in any way.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Rule 2.04 - No Spam
    . . . . You may not Spam by posting frequent and/or annoying messages in the forums. No power-posting, spamming, bumping and/or flaming.

if you want to have a viable conversation about this, i would rethink my strategy. this thread is locked.
This discussion has been closed.