test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Master of Archery DOA

omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Wilds
20 sec till it can go off??? WTF that is just dumb, 5 sec would of been just fine!
A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
Post edited by omgudied2 on

Comments

• Options
    krolk8888krolk8888 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well,with that nerf we basically got no last feat(1 crit every 20 secs on an encounter that deals up to 10k when it crits and 5.5k(no vorpal)when not critting is a 225dps increase on single target...thats just bad but w/e.

Also,if you have 45% crit,you have 45% chance for the feat to proc even tho you would crit without it,effectively wasting it.
  • Options
    omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    MY WHOLE BUILD WAS GOING FOR THAT FEAT! I mean WTF
    A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
  • Options
    indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited December 2013
    Now I've got an extra feat point to spend somewhere else!
  • Options
    caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If the Archery capstone changes are a deal breaker then I would suggest taking a look at the Nature tree guys. It's very party friendly and you can still pew pew from afar.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The math is weak with cryptic.
  • Options
    zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I was going for that feat on my ranger, and now I've got to reevaluate my feat point distribution. It seems like a knee-jerk nerf, hopefully there a better replacement for the feat coming eventually. I gather they don't completely rework feats all that often huh?
  • Options
    ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is unbelievable, 20 seconds cooldown? Srsly? OH GOD WHY?!
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    How about less QQ and more looking at other classes capstone feats. You'll see just how pathetic most of them are.
  • Options
    joelsparlingjoelsparling Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    still as a capstone this is just useless please reevaluate and change to something at least somewhat useful
  • Options
    themagicbum87themagicbum87 Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2013
    I proposed it should be changed to be like Eye of the Storm for CWs:

"Your powers have a 5% chance to make all your attacks crit for 4 seconds +2s +2s."

We could even have, say.... +2% crit severity while its active for each point instead of increased, since its a feat instead of a class feature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    How about less QQ and more looking at other classes capstone feats. You'll see just how pathetic most of them are.

extra rank of devine power in cleric allows them to cast 2 more SUPER encounter powers which can easily be OP... the GWF has the abliity to gain unstoppable credit for damage delt now instead of taken thus they can activite its sooner... they all have useful skills as the capstone ranger has none now... kthxbuhbye.

instead of changing a timer they should have changed the effect... on successful crit your next crit will have 20% more crit severity... thus raising its damage but not guaranteeing you will crit with the next hit may take a few hits to go off.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    pallier wrote: »
    extra rank of devine power in cleric allows them to cast 2 more SUPER encounter powers which can easily be OP... the GWF has the abliity to gain unstoppable credit for damage delt now instead of taken thus they can activite its sooner... they all have useful skills as the capstone ranger has none now... kthxbuhbye.

instead of changing a timer they should have changed the effect... on successful crit your next crit will have 20% more crit severity... thus raising its damage but not guaranteeing you will crit with the next hit may take a few hits to go off.

You are looking at a single capstone. HR has Melee & Nature both of which are great.

Just because they nerfed the capstone you perfer to use doesn't make the class any less viable, just your build.
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You are looking at a single capstone. HR has Melee & Nature both of which are great.

Just because they nerfed the capstone you perfer to use doesn't make the class any less viable, just your build.

You are correct, but this was still a rather heavy handed nerf to a feat which needed (at most) a minor reduction in power.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

so basically your supporting a cookie cutter mentality in the game with no choice on how to build a character? the melee version gives you a 17% chance to do your weapons base damge twice... not exactly thrilling considering at level 60 thats about like 600 damage added to the normal damage its NOT boosted by any stats or mulitpliers still useless as 1 arrow shot does more than that normally. the nature one is so useless absolutly no information online is given for it at all not even by cryptic or the wiki guides... so yeah tell me again how they are useful? every other class has 1 or 2 that are great... HR gets 1 and because pvp noobs complain that it actually is useful they have it nerfed honestly the only class in this game that needs a MAJOR nerf is TR for perma stealth its a build that can not be taken down by a full party of players focusing on them unlike a HR could be by just 2 players focusing on them... yeah tell me again how nerfing a HR into a healing cleric's damage rating is fair and good.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    mushroom876mushroom876 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks Cryptic, finally one fun feat found its way into the game and you got to make it useless. Why don't you nerf something else? Not complaining about less damage but messing with the style of play.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks Cryptic, finally one fun feat found its way into the game and you got to make it useless. Why don't you nerf something else? Not complaining about less damage but messing with the style of play.

next patch HR lose the ability to use a bow because having ranged isn't fair to the melee classes and they are take a 90% nerf to the melee damage they deal as well as a 50% lowering in armor and while they are at it all their attacks now have a 5 minute cooldown and cannot be used in pvp. NOW its balanced so that those trickster rogues can pvp them.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    demonicangel318demonicangel318 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    By god I hope none of you ever play League of Legends.

QQ They nerfed my OP thing.

Am I happy with the change? No, but it needed to get done. Also, please keep in mind that the majority of your encounter powers are around 15-20 seconds anyway, so anything lower would see itself getting wasted as you wait forever for your encounters to come back up.
    Felix Greentrack -- Halfling HR
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    so basically your supporting a cookie cutter mentality in the game with no choice on how to build a character? the melee version gives you a 17% chance to do your weapons base damge twice... not exactly thrilling considering at level 60 thats about like 600 damage added to the normal damage its NOT boosted by any stats or mulitpliers still useless as 1 arrow shot does more than that normally. the nature one is so useless absolutly no information online is given for it at all not even by cryptic or the wiki guides... so yeah tell me again how they are useful? every other class has 1 or 2 that are great... HR gets 1 and because pvp noobs complain that it actually is useful they have it nerfed honestly the only class in this game that needs a MAJOR nerf is TR for perma stealth its a build that can not be taken down by a full party of players focusing on them unlike a HR could be by just 2 players focusing on them... yeah tell me again how nerfing a HR into a healing cleric's damage rating is fair and good.

you are complaining about PvP Noobs and then you complain about Perma-Stealth TR's. /LOL

HR is not built around 1 feat or capstone. Also it's not a nerf but a bug fix according to the DEVs. The feat was not working as intended and why it was fixed and you'll see many more fixes. HR has many bugged skills and so expect more fixes.

Also your statement of nerfing the HR into cleric damage is even funnier because they did not nerf the damage of the class. The damage is still the same melee or ranged. You really need to spend more time in-game and figure out how the class really works before you go QQ on forums.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    By god I hope none of you ever play League of Legends.

QQ They nerfed my OP thing.

Am I happy with the change? No, but it needed to get done. Also, please keep in mind that the majority of your encounter powers are around 15-20 seconds anyway, so anything lower would see itself getting wasted as you wait forever for your encounters to come back up.
    because a HR doesn't use their encounter powers to do damage they use them as survival like jump back, fox, roots, all which have no to little damage the feat was used on our AT WILL powers which now can not benefit from them... a HR fights with AT will and survives with encounters. they made a ranged feat now only good to melee HR does that make sense to you? how many ranged encounters are there? 3 that do damage total and all 3 are area effects that can be avoided or need to take damage to do damage... how does that help us now? now all they have to do is avoid all our area encounters and we can never use the feat at all.
    you are complaining about PvP Noobs and then you complain about Perma-Stealth TR's. /LOL

HR is not built around 1 feat or capstone. Also it's not a nerf but a bug fix according to the DEVs. The feat was not working as intended and why it was fixed and you'll see many more fixes. HR has many bugged skills and so expect more fixes.

Also your statement of nerfing the HR into cleric damage is even funnier because they did not nerf the damage of the class. The damage is still the same melee or ranged. You really need to spend more time in-game and figure out how the class really works before you go QQ on forums.

and your telling me its working as intended that a RANGED feat tree now can only be used for melee purposes... make sense? DEVS will call anything a bug so they can justify a change next thing you know using a bow is a bug and they take that away... the reason the feat trees are seperated is so that you CAN build around a play style you moron. saying that you have to play exactly like everyone else is stupid and shows how dumb you are. go back to playing WoW you ****. figure out that HR do NOT use encounter powers to do damage they use them to SURVIVE others and monsters damage by moving out of place or rooting them or doing something other than standing toe to toe swinging a sword. the only 2 direct damage ability encounters that are ranged for a HR do not benefit from a critical hit and the aoe effect ranged attacks are useless in pvp in the first place as most avoid the are that they are placed... so yes making it not proc off the at wills and putting the long cooldown on them basically did nerf the damage we do as now we can't gain 2 crits in a row any more and benefit from the skill that boost our crit chance at all.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited December 2013

Yeh, and where is the respec they give us for free for us to change?
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited December 2013
    yep they ninja'ed a Feat rework, calling it a bug fix (hah bs) and arnt even giving out feat respecs... If they simply didnt make it encounters only and just added the 20 sec CD id be fine (Though 10 is more reasonable)

At this rate I mightve been better off melee or nature path lol...

oh well when we get the next paragon path hopefully theyll do the right thing and give a respec then
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited December 2013

This* There were so many different ways they could of taken this cap, instead they gutted it and added it to the more useless aspect of HRs and thats their encounters (HR encounters are weaker then other classes due to them having both a range and melee version so being able to crit on one is near useless) Pretty much they expect everyone to simply use Hawk shot via the prc...ew
  • Options
    ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This thing simply never proc now, pathetic.
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited December 2013
    ratjam wrote: »
    This thing simply never proc now, pathetic.

It procs, it's just now a useless proc. The entire functionality of the feat is changed yet no free respecs are given out.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It procs, it's just now a useless proc. The entire functionality of the feat is changed yet no free respecs are given out.

I just ran a full foundry and it never proc'd once. not once... ever in a 25 minute foundry.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeh, and where is the respec they give us for free for us to change?

MOD 3 - when they add a new paragon you'll get another free respec token.
  • Options
    mushroom876mushroom876 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Really liked having to choose what i use my granted crits for, now spamming whatever is off cooldown is fine again.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Really liked having to choose what i use my granted crits for, now spamming whatever is off cooldown is fine again.

you mean the only 3 powers in the whole encounter that can actually hit someone in pvp that has lower damage than your at wills? what's the point? you take the time to use those powers your actually doing less damage than just continually spamming your at will. it is useful right now with the bug with rain and thorn but that will be fixed soon then it will be completely useless with a cooldown so long that you can finish a dungeon before its back up. all pvp players... just avoid any attacks you use with the feat and 2 shot you... GWF leaps into you, hilt, then devistate... dead. Rogue stuns you, knifes you, hits the slam... dead. CW holds you, hits flame or ice blast, dots you... dead. GF slam rush, kick, slash... dead. cleric chains, blast with the defense lower dot, radiant... dead.
    now that fox has no immunity to CC any class with a CC instantly kills a HR from ranged... ironic that all 3 melee classes can own a ranged class because they have a sprint, leap, or teleport... ranger that can only survive by dodging can no longer dodge and can no longer use the double crit to kill as fast as the other classes dies instantly.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    you mean the only 3 powers in the whole encounter that can actually hit someone in pvp that has lower damage than your at wills? what's the point? you take the time to use those powers your actually doing less damage than just continually spamming your at will. it is useful right now with the bug with rain and thorn but that will be fixed soon then it will be completely useless with a cooldown so long that you can finish a dungeon before its back up. all pvp players... just avoid any attacks you use with the feat and 2 shot you... GWF leaps into you, hilt, then devistate... dead. Rogue stuns you, knifes you, hits the slam... dead. CW holds you, hits flame or ice blast, dots you... dead. GF slam rush, kick, slash... dead. cleric chains, blast with the defense lower dot, radiant... dead.
    now that fox has no immunity to CC any class with a CC instantly kills a HR from ranged... ironic that all 3 melee classes can own a ranged class because they have a sprint, leap, or teleport... ranger that can only survive by dodging can no longer dodge and can no longer use the double crit to kill as fast as the other classes dies instantly.

Sounds like a L2P issue.

HR has only been out for a week, you need more time in PvP.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    As annoying as the fox nerf was its was very impractical TO really use properly in PvP even if you used it any one with common sense would just auto attack you remove it then cc you dead anyway What's to cry over
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]