What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Crashes after clicking Play on Launcher

Comments

• Options
    tried100namestried100names Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not that I think it'll work due to the problems being inherently different, since you were able to get to the logos and most of us are not, but how did you make steam install it to a different directory or did you just cut and paste it after the fact?
  • Options
    slydotslydot Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, when you install a game on Steam, it asks you if you want to confirm the directory first. You can select a different directory in this pop-up, one of your choice. For some weird reason it does not list the same partition that Steam is installed on, so in case you have just one big C-drive, I'm afraid there is no way to choose a different directory... I could only choose between my C and E drive, the D drive (on which I have Steam on) allowed for just that one fixed directory that I had my game installed on before. I guess I was lucky that I always divide my HDD in such a fashion. :)
  • Options
    arisdreamlingarisdreamling Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    5 days later this is still a problem... click start CRASH.. now ive done literally everything in the forums and what "tech support" said..
    so i loaded the game on my ANCIENT single core computer and wtf it works on there and it doesnt even meet 1/4 the min req. so can anyone figure out where the video settings are in the folders WITHOUT launching the game? when i loaded it on there before even the first loading screen it takes you to the graphic config im thinking if i can get there it might fix the problem.. oh and ping tests? why is that in here i assure you that has nothing to do with it at all. If anyone wants a good laugh ill post all my messages from tech support which i might anyways as a guide of uselessness of what not to try cause it doesnt work... about 5 pages of it
  • Options
    tried100namestried100names Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    GamePrefs.pref but it doesn't seem to matter if you edit the file it automatically changes it back to the default as soon as you open the launcher.

Edit: I've tried editing this as well. I'm aware that my GPU doesn't support dx11 or anything higher than SM2.0 but changing this in the file doesn't seem to matter after the launcher is opened, and as I said if you change before opening the launcher it just reverts to the default.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    GamePrefs.pref but it doesn't seem to matter if you edit the file it automatically changes it back to the default as soon as you open the launcher.

Edit: I've tried editing this as well. I'm aware that my GPU doesn't support dx11 or anything higher than SM2.0 but changing this in the file doesn't seem to matter after the launcher is opened, and as I said if you change before opening the launcher it just reverts to the default.

ive done that to many times.. by the way there are 2 of them one in "neverwinter_en/localdata" and the other in "neverwinter_en/neverwinter/live/localdata" but your right thats useless.. im looking for an external setup or config that doesnt exsist to change the graphic settings without opening the game.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    basically we are, when they wont do their job (not just them but all games) the players figure it out they rob the idea/fix make an easy patch and get the glory nothing new lol... sadly this is only effecting a small percentage of the player base and if its not effecting the bottom line (money) why fix it in a timely manner?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have the same problem when entering from the launcher, luckily I cant enter from arc just fine for some reason.
    But I have a number of other problems when doing it from arc, like it's not saving the screenshots in the screenshots folder (I don't know if it's saving them somewhere else or nowhere at all)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    jiggs01jiggs01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am not a computer guru, so I am not sure if this will help us figure out what is the issue. I checked my Windows Event Log and noticed the following entries occurred every time I tried to launch the game.
    12/10/2013 10:34:09 Event ID 9010 Application Log-A request to disable the Desktop Window Manger was made by process (2968)
    12/10/2013 10:34:03 Event ID 9013 Application Log-The Desktop Window Manger was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application.
    12/10/2013 10:34:03 Event ID 9003 Application Log-The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because a composited theme is not in use
    12/10/2013 10:34:03 Event ID 9013 Application Log-The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application.
    12/10/2013 10:34:03 Event ID 9003 Application Log-The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because a composited theme is not in use
    12/10/2013 10:33:57 Event ID 7036 The Windows Modules Installer service entered the stopped state.
    12/10/2013 10:33:20 Event ID 9010 Application Log-A request to disable the Desktop Window Manger was made by process (468)

Again, not sure if any of that has anything to do with out login crash issue. Maybe someone more computer literate can shed some light on it.
  • Options
    whalepartieswhaleparties Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just chiming in to add to the count of players dealing with that 27599923 error. FWIW, I've got the original launcher so I'm not launching through Steam or ARC. I've also tried the suggestions (safe mode etc.) to no avail. Hoping the next maintenance will have some kind of fix.
  • Options
    sarahfinasarahfina Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maintenance today...let's all keep our fingers crossed that our login crash issue is part of the maintenance patch and we will hopefully be back in game sometime today.:)
  • Options
    daybjorndaybjorn Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2013
    Let's keep our fingers crossed:)
  • Options
    ynavekynavek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Keeping fingers crossed here :), but going by the lack of responses from dev on this issue not expecting much :(
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I hope it gets fixed with this patch.... >_<
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Just so you know, the problem was fixed for me after the patch. I hope it0s fixed for all of you guys too.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ynavekynavek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No luck for me :(
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    nope still not working
  • Options
    martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    still not working for me. same error 27599923
  • Options
    drumanvildrumanvil Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still not working.I thought the patch would help but no such luck and not one peep outta the techies.
  • Options
    sarahfinasarahfina Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    patch didnt work for me either...still crash at login error 27599923. WTF PWE/Cryptic!!:mad:
  • Options
    kam4309kam4309 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My brother still has this issue and we have tried everything suggested and he talked to one of his friends, that's a tech guy and he thinks that it is something that cryptic is going to have to fix themselves. It doesn't make sense that all these people with all these different PCs are having the same issue. The only common thing is that we all play the same game and downloaded the same patch. They need to get down to business and fix it.
  • Options
    eryrrhydderyrrhydd Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nope, doesn't work here either.

Devs, if you want more info then, please, let us know what exactly do you need.
  • Options
    fuzzyangst30fuzzyangst30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Greetings my fellow D&D Nerds,

Seeing the many rants about the game crashing after "Play" is hit, I furiously have been working on a temporary fix for the issue. Fortunately, I was successful. In my attempts to rectify the problem I did as most of you have done, uninstalled/re-installed, deselected On-demand patching and selected Force verify. As I have installed Arc and play the game through that, I decided to browse through its folder. When looking I found the Uninstall.exe file and clicked it. The window that popped up gave me two choices, Repair or Remove. I went with Repair. After a minute or two waiting Arc repaired itself and loaded up. I clicked on Play for the game and it brought up the patcher, where it checked for updates. Now I went through this with On-demand patching still unchecked and was successful in loading the game. To be sure, I exited the game and went through the whole process again, without repairing, but turned On-demand patching back on. Needless to say, it still loaded the game.

So, for review, for those of you using Arc to load and play the game go to your computer's Program Files and find Perfect World Entertainment folder. There should be two folders available, Arc and Neverwinter. Click on Arc and find Uninstall.exe. When the window comes up click on Repair and click next. After a minute or two Arc will repair itself and start up. After this you should be able to click on Play, load the game and play.

For specs, I run:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
    AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70 2.00 GHz
    3 GB of memory
    32-bit OS
    ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics
    yes, this is a laptop.
  • Options
    murmblemurmble Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have experienced the same issue, with a patch loader, or file verification process, then as the game is about to switch to play mode, an error reporting window for Cryptic pops up...
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Haha, even my old issue is back now after the latest patch. :rolleyes:

(And I was just about to play with a friend.)
  • Options
    zagadekezagadeke Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fixing Arc solved the problem alright you can also go to the start menu folder for PWE and click repair Arc
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    zagadeke wrote: »
    fixing Arc solved the problem alright you can also go to the start menu folder for PWE and click repair Arc
    didnt work
  • Options
    apollidapollid Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After so many "tips" it's worse than before. Before at least the music and background image appeared when I tried to log in, now the whole stuff stop working at the very beginning.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Now it wants to download a 5000MB "patch"... Okay, something is definitely screwed up on my end.
    EDIT: Ehm, now it's something among 9000MB. Why?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    slydot wrote: »
    Now it wants to download a 5000MB "patch"... Okay, something is definitely screwed up on my end.
    EDIT: Ehm, now it's something among 9000MB. Why?
    Maybe you downloaded the test server:confused:
  • Options
    eryrrhydderyrrhydd Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry to say the arc fix doesn't work for me.