test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Marks of Potency more expensive in AH than in Wondrous Bazaar

rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Why people put Marks of Potency and Greater Marks of Potency to sell in AH for a higher price than in Wondrous Bazaar?

Are there people dumb enough to pay a higher price for them? 25K and 100K should be the price cap for them, but all to be sold are over this value.
Post edited by rlrobr on

Comments

• cpendletcpendlet Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2013
    I have gotten a few off the AH for a bit under the price (24K for the mark of potency) from the vendor that sells them. If there aren't any priced lower than the vendor I just get them from the vendor.

I don't know if some are ripping themselves off or not?
  • crazyjesusopcrazyjesusop Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rlrobr wrote: »
    ... and 100K should be the price cap for them, but all to be sold are over this value.

Really? And you think this kind of trading does not occur in real life? And you want to punish traders for stupidity/laziness of other people.
    This trading is possible because people pay before they think. May I ask you, kind Sir, whose fault is that?
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Honestly, because people are stupid. I guess most player do not know the Wonderous Bazar.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    when i was in early level i also was stupid, i bought keys from ah thinking that was the price orignal price of keys, and also did lots of stupid things , like discarding vorpal shards cause didnt have space and coal wards , bought id scrolls drom bazaar and many things. so yes there are ppl who dont know what to do in some situations cause they havent got any info . if u want to change that tell the rest of ppl in zone
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited December 2013
    is called SCAM ! i noticed that too they buy them frm bazzar and sell them to AH to fool ppl that didnt read the mark description drop/buy
  • cpendletcpendlet Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2013
    I bought a Bag of Holes off the AH thinking it would be a small container so I could carry more stuff...
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Enchanting is more expensive for 90% of the population compared to mod 1, due in part to the ridiculous learning curve to know how to minimize cost.
  • kaiuscormerekaiuscormere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Really? And you think this kind of trading does not occur in real life? And you want to punish traders for stupidity/laziness of other people.
    This trading is possible because people pay before they think. May I ask you, kind Sir, whose fault is that?

I want people PROTECTED, (yes, even coddled) from making uninformed decisions and letting themselves be ripped off.
    I have NO interest in the trader's desire to accumulate wealth.
  • caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In the words of P. T. Barnum, "There's a sucker born every minute", and some of them are bidders at the auction house. Some also are sellers on the auction house, putting things up for bid at ridiculously high prices on things that will never sell, costing themselves AD needlessly.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Enchanting is more expensive for 90% of the population compared to mod 1, due in part to the ridiculous learning curve to know how to minimize cost.

EXACTLY !!!! Shame on cryptic for at least not having this up on test server for a few weeks prior to going live so EVERYONE could try this new system out..

ohhh wait...
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I don't want to punish anyone. They have the right to sell anything for any price. I'm just surprised they are able to sell for a price higher than the bazaar.
  • kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    is called SCAM !

Really? a scam?

If you go to bestbuy for a dvd player then check the price of walmart and its cheaper is bestbuy trying to scam you?

no - things have different values depending on where you buy them.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kelleton wrote: »
    Really? a scam?

If you go to bestbuy for a dvd player then check the price of walmart and its cheaper is bestbuy trying to scam you?

You are correct, it is NOT a scam. It is annoying that they are selling things for more than the Bazaar price, but there is nothing inherently wrong with it. I am just surprised that people do not do their research before buying. But I really should not be surprised at that.
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Research? The vast majority of NW players are casual, and most of them have to pay more for enchantments now because even with the most cost effective catalysts and RP items currently on the AH, it is more expensive to make rank 7's and rank 8 silvery/runestones than before. The majority of weapon and armor enchantments have increased in cost as well, only perfects are cheaper and greater vorpal.

It wouldn't be that hard to make the AH cap the price on pure RP items to 6 AD:1 RP ratio which is what the flawless sapphire in wondrous bazaar has, or to cap marks of potencies at 25k and greater marks of potency at 100k, and make the AH put up a notice the first time someone searches for "poten" in the AH letting them know about the Wondrous Bazaar. Simply put, this mod 2 is hell for most players, and even though I stocked up right and earned over 30m ad from what I learned from preview, I still think it's very bad that the vast majority of players got shafted.
  • kelletonkelleton Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

It wouldn't be that hard to make the AH cap the price on pure RP items to 6 AD:1 RP ratio which is what the flawless sapphire in wondrous bazaar has

so if people want to buy a higher or lower RP item they should be locked into a set price on the AH? no thanks...if you don't like the price don't buy it and the market will adjust its self.
    edited December 2013
    kelleton wrote: »
    Really? a scam?

Many businesses would refund you the price difference if you found an item they were selling for cheaper.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it's because some griefers put a few up on the AH for the max price (100,000,000) so that skews the default price up.

easy fix for this would be set the default price to the average last SALE price (what they actually sold for) not what they are listed for.
    edited December 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    it's because some griefers put a few up on the AH for the max price (100,000,000) so that skews the default price up.

easy fix for this would be set the default price to the average last SALE price (what they actually sold for) not what they are listed for.

Also, the fee for auctioning things should be based off the Buyout not the opening bid (unless there is no buyout option, in which case it can remain as is.)
  • nvnthomasnvnthomas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want people PROTECTED, (yes, even coddled) from making uninformed decisions and letting themselves be ripped off.

What is the basis of your argument? If you are making a moral argument, you should be aware that there are no characters on Neverwinter who are starving or losing their home due to overpriced AH goods. Should we also be redistributing wealth on this game?

Save your Occupy Wall Street inclinations for hostility against traders in REAL LIFE.
    edited December 2013
    Research? The vast majority of NW players are casual, and most of them have to pay more for enchantments now because even with the most cost effective catalysts and RP items currently on the AH, it is more expensive to make rank 7's and rank 8 silvery/runestones than before. The majority of weapon and armor enchantments have increased in cost as well, only perfects are cheaper and greater vorpal.

It wouldn't be that hard to make the AH cap the price on pure RP items to 6 AD:1 RP ratio which is what the flawless sapphire in wondrous bazaar has, or to cap marks of potencies at 25k and greater marks of potency at 100k, and make the AH put up a notice the first time someone searches for "poten" in the AH letting them know about the Wondrous Bazaar. Simply put, this mod 2 is hell for most players, and even though I stocked up right and earned over 30m ad from what I learned from preview, I still think it's very bad that the vast majority of players got shafted.

Yes, they should do the research, due diligence, price comparison, whatever you want to call it, before spending money in the game. It is not difficult to do, it does not require any special knowledge to determine what is a good price point. If people refuse to look into the actual cost of things before buying them then I have no sympathy for them if it turns out that they got hosed.

If the information needed was NOT available then that would be a problem, but all the information needed is here if you just bother to look.
    edited December 2013
    Many businesses would refund you the price difference if you found an item they were selling for cheaper.

Many would, and many would not. Does not matter to this discussion either way, Cryptic has no vested interest to cover the losses of a player using virtual money.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I tend to agree, especially with the second sentence.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While I do have objections to price gouging, and I'll certainly warn people about purchasing overpriced items, the Marks have a feature that an awful lot of items that tend to get bought in-game and posted on the AH at markup don't - their tooltip information actually tells you where else you can buy them.

I can understand someone not having the slightest clue that they can get a high-regen ring cheaper from the astral diamond jewelry vendor, because there's nothing to inform the player that it isn't a dungeon drop.

But the game tells you the Wondrous Bazaar sells these Marks.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia