test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Valindra's Tower - DD Chest (not activating)

valiant4evervaliant4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi,

We have been running Valindra's Tower quite a few times today and in particular defeated Valindra (good fight, well balanced, as of yet mainly blue items from Valindra but no Artifact, entire dungeon can be completed in under 15 mins by a strong team)

However, on entering the dungeon during the last DD only one of us managed to get the DD chest bonus out of 5 members. He was able to only open the chest on his first run during DD, but not on any of the following few runs during that same DD. The rest of the party neither received the DD chest bonus buff upon entering, nor could open the chest to claim their loot. More specifically, the gold beam of light and sound to claim chest did not appear. You could still "interact" with the chest and it opened a random dialogue box which didn't do much.

We tried the following to no avail:
  • Restarted Dungeon by forming a completely new party
  • All relogged (both inside dungeon within same party & outside dungeon in protectors in a new party)
  • Went to CN to get check we got DD chest bonus from there and then entered VT (didn't get a chance to do the same using MC DD chest bonus)

Please advise.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by valiant4ever on

Comments

• dwbjoshdwbjosh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ya I tried the same things and nothing worked
  • matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here, i got the chest only on first run (was during dd). After that I never got the chest anymore, but as said above a quest dialog appears. Though lucky me it had my OH in it while chest opened :).

I never saw the artifact drop....and I dont know anyone who has seen it either.
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
  • valiant4evervaliant4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We are still not getting and DD Chest during Dungeon Delves for Valindra's Tower (have tried over the last 4 DDs with various people).

It appears that if it is your first time in VT and it happens to be DD you get to open the chest once (after that no more) and if you completed Valindra outside DD when you first had the key/quest you will so far not have opened a VT chest in module 2.

Any update from devs / thoughts / feedback would be appreciated...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coldcoopercoldcooper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi, Viliant!
    Sorry about the old argument i had with u when in black lotus :).

i've figured out that the current condition is :

Only with the one who is doing his first VT DD , can we get the chest from his share.
    once he finish his first VT DD, then he can't get DD anymore.

Anyway hope those devs patch this problem as fast as they can, or VT run would be useless.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Small tip: If a member does get the chest. He can share that quest so that the other members get the chest. Seems like a good drop rate on the thayan weapon set.

I'll also add that if you die after the first boss and before valindra, you can spawn back at a previous camp and be stuck because there's an invisible wall and can't interact with the wall object since its not there.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Valindra's Tower chest wasn't open during DD.

After pressing "F" on it a three-option-menu comes up with dead sprite and another lair as I remember correctly.

How to open it?
    Must buy key pr have some advanced gauntlet to open it?
    edited December 2013
    coldcooper wrote: »
    Hi, Viliant!
    Sorry about the old argument i had with u when in black lotus :)

No problem, we all have our moments :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi,

I have also completed VT a number of times now and have gotten this message from all 3 chests.

oSLMQ4P.png
    1st time- enter during DD time, however since it took us a while to figure out the strategy by the time we defeated Valindra DD hour has expired. (The chest unlocked icon disappeared).

2nd time- precleared, relogged during DD hour, killed Valindra during DD hour, still got error message.

3rd time- entered during DD hour and killed Valindra during Dd hour, still got error message.

Like Valiant said, some of the members in the party could get the chest the first time but not subsequently. I had never been able to open it. I accepted the quest when picking up the key from Campaign menu but did not double click on the key again. Members who got the chest mentioned they had clicked the key previously before entering VT to get the quest. The quest is not shown in my journal after entry into VT for the first time.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • ggivenggiven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lol, I think only me got that Bug,
  • gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    this happened to me yesterday, apparently u can enter just once a day - i was there on my dc and the party failed (2GFs doomed to fail :D), then I went there with my guild, we finished and I was the only one (my dc) who did not get the reward - the chest showed me cooldown of 17h for phantasmal dungeon (that mini dungeon for dailies). My dc friend went with us for 3rd run and had the same problem it showed her arcane reservoire cooldown, I was on my cw so I got to loot finally.
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
    edited December 2013
    You can share it if someone has it. However there is an issue as theres been people unable to ever open it. If it is once a day they could make it clear rather than having it show dread/sharandar quests...
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Everyone seems to have this bug. Very annoying :S
  • k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is a major issue and needs immediate attention. It is a slap in the face to your most dedicated players that this is not resolved! Cryptic, I implore you, resolve this major error in your game as soon as possible!
    Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
    [EX]Officer - Order of the Raven
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Please fix the chest, AND the invisible wall between the first camp fire and 1st boss if a party member dies.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • fixtheserverfixtheserver Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is this a joke? What is your QA department doing? these aren't small issues and not even remotely hard to reproduce. This content shouldn't have been released with massive issues like DD chest not working, and an invisible wall forming whenevr someone dies. You can't tell me that these issues never came up in testing.
  • tekgoblintekgoblin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I get the same bug when doing VT. No chest except the first time.
  • khebelnkhebeln Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here done several runs and no chest :/
  • gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    this is not even funny any more... first time i went to VT and we failed (pug) so i went there with my guild and had this chest bug cause i entered before... and never again can i get another chest... sigh... i am not even angry any more just tired...
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    18 runs 18 chests missed and 6 DD chests missed

All i can say is WELL DONE to cryptic how in gods name could you release this bug which was on preview and on live?

your idiocy some times truly astounds even me,
  • trelopoulostrelopoulos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes my dd don't seem to work at any instance that happened after a VT run... Idd how can those bug appear after all this time in a preview server?...plz fix it..
    edited December 2013
    Even the description for VT is messed up >.>
    edited December 2013
    Until this serious issue is fixed (which is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up DD for many of us) there is currently only one method I know in which players are able to get the DD chest during DD. It's not a great method, but it's better than nothing for getting what is rightfully yours for defeating Valindra.

During Dungeon Delves a party can be formed with 4x experienced players (players who have already been to VT and are fully capable of killing Valindra) and 1x player (or alt) who has never been to Valindra's Tower and has the original quest or Valindra's Tower Key still in their inventory. Let's call this player "the quest giver".

Once the party is formed during Dungeon Delves the following needs to be done:
    • The quest giver double clicks on the Valindra Tower Key in their inventory
    • This brings up a quest which the quest giver accepts
    • The party then queues for Valindra's Tower Dungeon
    • Upon entering Valindra's Tower the quest (found in the quest givers journal) can then be shared with the entire party during DD time
    • Sometimes the quest cannot be immediately accepted by all party members in which case you can start clearing the dungeon and retry during DD time approx. 5-10 mins later (not sure if this is another bug or intentional?).
    • This enables each member to get both the original quest and more importantly the DD chest bonus during DD
    • The party completes the dungeon, kills Valindra and claims their DD chest

After the whole "arcane reservoir" saga I thought twice about whether or not to post this since my perception is sometimes moderators and developers for all their good work can act strangely from a gamers perspective. I have been playing the game since beta, am very active in game and on forums, take down entire dungeons by burning through adds and bosses in straight up fights (rather than using "tricks"), have supported the developers and the game by purchasing some Zen and invested a heck of a lot of time and effort in developing my character in an ever challenging environment.

However being the simple man that I am, it only seems right to me to share information with frustrated gamers which may enable them to get what is rightfully theirs i.e. A Dungeon Delves Chest ... during ... Dungeon Delves. Call me old fashioned.

I look forward to this issue being fixed properly.
    Any confirmation / update from devs would also be greatly appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • herbalawherbalaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would also like an explaination... BUMP
    My Class is Warlock ... "The darkness holds no terror for me, demon! I curse you now under the Sign of Ill Omen!"
  • coldcoopercoldcooper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    oh cool, it would be awesome to share this solution to those frustrated players :)

anyway , I'm looking forward to see it be fixed soon.
  • crazyjesusopcrazyjesusop Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you suspect of some problem, always check "Bugs" section of this forum. You may find same problem posted there ;)
    Valindra's chest problem:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?544951-Valindra-s-Tower-DD-Chest-(not-activating)

No info on when will be fixed. Other big problem is wrong item drops (HR getting DC gear or similar).
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited December 2013
    hope the box will get fixed also other ways to exploit this dungeons and other dungeons lookin forward to play bug free i still hope for that
  • ronrobaronroba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    U just posted the link for this post XD
  • borisadrianborisadrian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    [QUOTE=valiant4ever;6735601
    • The quest giver double clicks on the Valindra Tower Key in their inventory
    • This brings up a quest which the quest giver accepts
    • The party then queues for Valindra's Tower Dungeon
    • Upon entering Valindra's Tower the quest (found in the quest givers journal) can then be shared with the entire party during DD time
    • Sometimes the quest cannot be immediately accepted by all party members in which case you can start clearing the dungeon and retry during DD time approx. 5-10 mins later (not sure if this is another bug or intentional?).
    • This enables each member to get both the original quest and more importantly the DD chest bonus during DD
    • The party completes the dungeon, kills Valindra and claims their DD chest

[/QUOTE]

And what if u kick the Alt (quest giver) and u finish the VT on 4 ppl, wich it can be done. The quest giver doesnt finish the quest and can try some time later. Im not sure if this can work but u can give it a try...(just an ideea)
    And let us know if it works...
  • k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And what if u kick the Alt (quest giver) and u finish the VT on 4 ppl, wich it can be done. The quest giver doesnt finish the quest and can try some time later. Im not sure if this can work but u can give it a try...(just an ideea)
    And let us know if it works...

It does not. I tried on my alt. I joined in, shared the quest (everyone got it), left the party and immediately the key was gone from my inventory and the quest was out of my log. Probably just missed on on getting the only chest on my alt. :'(
    Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
    [EX]Officer - Order of the Raven