test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR Vines > Immune to CC, Intended?

zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
There's been an annoyance with immune to CC effects for over half a year now, since release. Abilities interrupting you for a second even while you're immune to them.

So I wouldn't be surprised if the Hunter Ranger's Vine effects were overlooked in the CC table. I'm just curious if this is intended, I don't see how an encounter power should ever overpower a daily power and especially a class mechanic that specify they ignore those specific effects.

P.S. Soulforged is STUPID good.
Post edited by zxorn on

Comments

• fmturkeyfmturkey Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hope it is intended. If it is not intended I hope Unstoppable gets reworked.
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not likely working as intended. As is now, it makes HR's clearly overpowered in PvP. I expect this to get fixed along with some nerfs on the HR class once they really begin to saturate the lvl 60 game play
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fmturkey wrote: »
    I hope it is intended. If it is not intended I hope Unstoppable gets reworked.

Why the heck should an entire classes core mechanic be reworked just because of a new classes single CC ability?

Why GWF in particular? Why not make it go through Guard? Why not remove dodge immunity frames from all the other classes?

Why not have "vines"/"binding arrow"/whatever-the-heck-this-op-ability-is-called break all CC immunity (and it probably does)?

This is a new class. It is clearly meant to co-exist with current classes which have been around for along time and already balanced around each other and the current game. Having a new ability that breaks all these things is what makes no sense.

How in Faerun this got past Preview I have no idea and I, like many others, have Bug Reported it on Live.
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I would agree that Unstoppable is a somewhat trashy class mechanic. I didn't play my GWF very much because I didn't like that their mechanic was completely passive, until recently where I blew all my AD on Tene (Always figured they'd get nerfed again once Cryptic suckered enough money)

I haven't checked if Vines break against Impossible to catch yet, I haven't been playin my rogue since Gtene penetrates ITC as well as dodges, it kinda forces TR into a stealth play which I don't like. I prefer dodging.

I know that Vines don't break for GF Daily though.

My HR is still lvl 30 and Ive noticed Vines are pretty much they're strongest move in PvP it completely shuts down both fighters though does little to other range classes. So even though I mostly play melee I'm fine with it's current strength. It's just that mechanics wise it's misleading, lazy and simply doesn't make any sense.
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It does break Impossible to Catch.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Grasping roots->Aimed Shot for 10k+ crit while the target can't reach you. Balanced!
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Grasping roots->Aimed Shot for 10k+ crit while the target can't reach you. Balanced!

Well the new class has to be attractive. Even more so when there is already the TR.
    English is not my first language.
  • dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just 10k? i got crited for 17k from aimed shot with 52% DR.
    yea HR is sooo balanced...
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited December 2013
    dante123pl wrote: »
    just 10k? i got crited for 17k from aimed shot with 52% DR.
    yea HR is sooo balanced...

TR crit me that way quite often... nerf TR too?
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ah screw it, nerf every class until they all do 1 damage no matter what.
  • shinmuramasashinmuramasa Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    39% DR and I got critted for 24k aimed shot LOL
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    39% DR and I got critted for 24k aimed shot LOL

Bet you didnt once check, or realize what debuffs were on you. Not to mention the ArP of the person hitting you.....
    edited December 2013
    Not sure why some latecomers here are discussing damage instead of the actual topic which is entirely separate.

Having a CC ability, especially an Encounter, go through CC immunity has nothing to do with damage. As as a Fighter, especially GWF, you are a sitting duck because of this skill regardless of the incoming damage. Cannot attack, cannot escape, you just sit there like a big fat "sponge" and take it - probably from multiple sources too...
    edited December 2013
    who gives a d.. about TR u probly got hited from lashing blade not from aimed shot that HR can use endlessly
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You gotta love it when people that bullied threads where people complained about different stuff that was imbalanced in PvP for their class come to complain themselves when a new class appears that poses a danger to them.
    edited December 2013
    also i think they overdid HR sets stats.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    You gotta love it when people that bullied threads where people complained about different stuff that was imbalanced in PvP for their class come to complain themselves when a new class appears that poses a danger to them.

As a CW I am experiencing just a wee bit of schadenfreude. Wait, so the TR's "IWIN" button no longer works? HAHAHA
    edited December 2013
    On my sentinel GWF I got crit for 6k+ from average geared HR, and 12k+ from one of Essence of Aggression guild (guess he had perfect vorpal and at least R8's). If compare this to TR, I rarely see this big numbers from lashing blade, and if I do, I can immediately fight back. Not to mention it has almost 20 seconds CD and can hit you hard only from stealth. I have 47% DR. Today I saw one HR melted the entire enemy team that were capturing the node in the mess of the fight by using split shot a couple of times. They didn't even realize what was killing them.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    On my sentinel GWF I got crit for 6k+ from average geared HR, and 12k+ from one of Essence of Aggression guild (guess he had perfect vorpal and at least R8's). If compare this to TR, I rarely see this big numbers from lashing blade, and if I do, I can immediately fight back. Not to mention it has almost 20 seconds CD and can hit you hard only from stealth. I have 47% DR. Today I saw one HR melted the entire enemy team that were capturing the node in the mess of the fight by using split shot a couple of times. They didn't even realize what was killing them.

For now few know how to fight the HRs, I don't for example although they seem quite easy kills even with perfects (things might change with better armors/weapons).

As for how much they hit, one managed to one shot me once so it was a 21K+ crit I wasn't at full HP. Seems a bit too high, but I got hit by TRs for 19K Impact Shot or 27K Lashing Blade. GFs hit for 20K+ just as easily. My Icy Rays hit squishies for up to 16K on tab, and shard a bit lower.

All of these abilities should be toned down significantly for PvP only, all of them are lame cheese moves.
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So it Begins.

The HR was in the Preview for a month(?) for testing and stuff, yet nobody gave a gosh darn. And now, for the weeks to come, dozens of "NERF EET NAO!!1!1!" threads will spread across the forums, to entirely ruin the class.

The HR is squishy as heck. If a IV GWF catch him (which actually isnt impossible, thank you to Threatening Rush), the HR is 100% dead. Even if it has 10 shifts, itll still be dead. Can tell the same about CWs. Aimed Shot is a truck, but any hit will interrupt it. If ure getting hit by a HR charging Aimed Shot, then u deserve whats coming. The only way a HR can stand a chance against a IV GWF (or even a TR on ItC) IS with Grasping Roots going thru CC immunities. Sounds unbalanced? Since when ItC is balanced? Includes in the list Lashing Blade, which should increase the damage dealt by 50% while in stealth, not garantee a successful crit. If this was the initial design, then the TR shouldnt had been constantly nerfed. Sentinel? Was hard to kill, now is almost unkillable with the new Artifact and the new Soulforged. WAIT! Couple it with an Anointed Champion! Balanced huh? :D The GWF got buffed, its the dream EVERY SINGLE D*MN ONE wanted. Maybe its DPS is even desirable for Dungeons now.

Yet, Grasping Roots is broken OP. Heh.

The HR is a new class. Everyone is too used the old setup (GWF, DC, CW, TR, GF). The HR is a new color in the rainbow (no pun intended). Learn to adapt to new tactics.

"Aw, she might be mad cuz got pwned with her squishy CW/HR W/E."

Wrong. Althought my main is a CW, i have other toons. And as the very same d*mn way, I defended the TR against the first nerf and ALWAYS wanted a GWF buff. Currently I'm in hopes the fix the GF Mark and Guard. It deserves some love. I rarely post, but when I do, its against nerfs, W/E the class.

Stop thinking with urs PvP thing and start thinking with urs PvE brains. Its a PvE game. Think about consequences, before nerf.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • lifesimageslifesimages Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    GWF's used to be garbage. Everyone complained, and they have been godlike especially in PvP.

And overgeared GWF could tank 3/4 people. 4 people would probably start to kill it fairly quickly. Unstoppable is up 'way' too much in PvP. One daunting light makes it ready to use again... And now with the new soulforged, and the hp artifact? omfg.

Now I don't agree the Unstoppable shouldn't matter to Grasping Roots, but I'm f**king thrilled that it does! If 'anything' hits an HR using Aimed Shot, it cancels it. Not knocks it back.

Hindering Roots > Unstoppable. I think it's fair that ONE THING can finally tame a GWF (though I agree it 'shouldn't' given that Unstoppable is supposed to give immunity). Especially those god **** Iron Vanguard GWF's. Jesus Christ you guys are OP!
  • ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    GWF's used to be garbage. Everyone complained, and they have been godlike especially in PvP.

And overgeared GWF could tank 3/4 people. 4 people would probably start to kill it fairly quickly. Unstoppable is up 'way' too much in PvP. One daunting light makes it ready to use again... And now with the new soulforged, and the hp artifact? omfg.

Now I don't agree the Unstoppable shouldn't matter to Grasping Roots, but I'm f**king thrilled that it does! If 'anything' hits an HR using Aimed Shot, it cancels it. Not knocks it back.

Hindering Roots > Unstoppable. I think it's fair that ONE THING can finally tame a GWF (though I agree it 'shouldn't' given that Unstoppable is supposed to give immunity). Especially those god **** Iron Vanguard GWF's. Jesus Christ you guys are OP!

Yep all true. But a good gwf can get a surge on an hr and then its gg. But really skilled hrs can lock down gwfs
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Umm, slightly off topic, as apparently that's being looked at, but you guys do remember this is a NWO is based on D & D which has something called 'Die Rolls'. It's rare, but even with the way the rolls are stacked you can in fact roll a **** result every so often, and you can also roll a ****ing outstanding result as well.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013

TR needs to be in range to crit u that, and 17k crit on a 52%DR target? He is full burst build TR and once he gets caught he instantly pop.

HR? Good luck catching one, most mobile class in game atm while being able to cc u and deal tons of dmg.
  • faziskontrasztfaziskontraszt Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2013
    God forbid someone can touch sentinels.
  • ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    oh lord. theres a counter to gwf. lets nerf it! lets turn neverwinter into greater never fighter. gg. and yes gwf is that OP i have one. if theres not a ranger or 3+ people im not going to drop. ranger NEEDS to be able to root gwfs or pvp will be so imbalanced it will be pointless to even play the game.
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gingerbacongingerbacon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    HR root is bugged, devs just said it
    edited December 2013
    oh lord. theres a counter to gwf. lets nerf it! lets turn neverwinter into greater never fighter. gg. and yes gwf is that OP i have one. if theres not a ranger or 3+ people im not going to drop. ranger NEEDS to be able to root gwfs or pvp will be so imbalanced it will be pointless to even play the game.

1. Funny how, you fail to mention this skill affects much more than just GWF's Unstoppable.
    2. The game has done just fine and been balanced around GWFs as they are up till now.
    3. One does not "fix" anything by breaking the core mechanic of a class. It would be like having an Encounter that steals Divinity from a Cleric, or goes through GF's Guard (ok, Guard has many broken issues, but the theory/intent is documented), or depletes TR's Stealth directly, etc.

Besides, devs have stated that it is a bug:
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Tis a bug. Thanks for bringing it up.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2013

Aimed shot is an At-Will.

TR crit that much with encounters.
    edited December 2013
    GWF's were already countered hard by shocking execution, whirlwind of blades, knockdowns and debuffs. If he tanks 4 people either these people are 5-7k GS lower or stupid. Or both.

To those, who say that HR was on PTS for months and you didn't complain. Men, there's no pvp on PTS (excluding premade matches), rarely anyone could test how it is in pvp. Now I see every HR at lvl 60 with Head Hunter.

Some abilities are still bugged: knockdown from Boar charge is extended for duration of grasping roots applied on a target before Boar Charge and can be extended further by applying another grasping roots (go try it, make people have fun in pvp); Fox Shift still crits you for 10k+ as it can hit single target more then once no matter tooltip states otherwise.

These bugs are known from the start of the testing new update. They are still not fixed. GWF's Slam still can't crit when Arcane Singularity and Flame Strike were fixed. So I can assume we may suffer from this pvp at least a few months, or roll a ranger and enjoy it.