test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which Race will you roll for your Hunter Ranger - Poll

2»

Comments

• scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My test shard HR is a female Half-Elf. On live, my HR will be a male Wood Elf. I may even make a female Sun Elf DC to go with him.
  • daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Drow. +Dex for dmg, +Wis for crit. Darkglow is a nice stat as well. Half-orc is a very strong possibility since the archery tree focuses on crit and Strength = armor penetration.
  • sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    Hunter Ranger Attributes

Dexterity is the Main Attribute.

Strength is a Secondary.

Wisdom is a Secondary.

List of all the playable Races. http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Race

No Race has an absolute advantage as none of them has all 3 as a Racial Bonus!!

Which is great, lol I suppose the next Race Released will have it though.

Them i'm definitely getting a half-orc!
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    Hunter Ranger Attributes

Dexterity is the Main Attribute.

Strength is a Secondary.

Wisdom is a Secondary.

List of all the playable Races. http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Race

No Race has an absolute advantage as none of them has all 3 as a Racial Bonus!!

Which is great, lol I suppose the next Race Released will have it though.

While i agree with this to a degree but some races can play Unique Builds better then other races. Let me explain you gotta play each race to its advantage in my opinion and make use of all the attribute points they can give. Let me explain BTW i am all for picking the race you like but for me its about states. I will start by saying i don't think a HR should have more then 18 in strength with that said here are a few ways me and my guildies played are HR in attribute rolls.

IMHO The best Races for DPS/Balanced Builds being focused in dex/wis/Str Go to Half-Orc Drow and Wood Elf and roll 18dex 15wis and 15str imho thats a extremely strong roll with campfire you can hit 18str/wis 22wis/str and 25dex. Its also flexible enough to let you wander off In to Int Or Cha for more exotic builds with campfire you can get a 18 in Wis & Str with 18 into Int Or Cha and still have 25 dex.

If your leaning towards a more tanky/survivability playstyle because HR is a very flexible class i advise Dwarfs Half-Elves and Halfling.

If your a halfling Roll till you get 17dex 14con and 15str with 13wis Put every thing in Con and Wis and that will give you 21con 20wis/Dex and 18str. P.S Halflings can maximise deflection Builds also just to add on to so can half elf to a slight degree.

If you pick Half-Elf AND Dwarf Roll 15str 14con 15wisdom and 15dex its odd i know but Put 3 in both Dex and Wis 6 in Con and Boom with campfire buff thats 20 dex/wis 21 Con and 18 Str. If the half elf racial bonus point goes into Con i believe they can have the highest con of any race with this class.

There are fast recharge Builds for Sun and Moon Elves you can get fast Recharge Builds out of them By rolling 14Int 17dex 13wis and 14Str, Put 5 In Int 1 in Str and 6 in wisdom.That will give you 20Dex/Wis/Int and 18str with campfire buffs. That action point racial they have is so sexy imho I also believe there is a Boon and Pet that give action point gain also. I see lots of daily spamming not to mention if combined with there feats. Bumping up recharge is good for buffing builds imho this build and forest lord armor is fun on the bun Also stormstep action and disrupting shot nuff said. I didn't lope tiefling in this build category because they don't get dex bonus but i suppose you could do a recharge build with them if you wanted.

If you are a Tiefling There a Odd race to pick HR with But Charisma Builds for people who like using Aspect Of pact for combat advantage Roll 15Str 15dex 14Cha and 13Wisdom Put 2 in dex 4 in wisdom and 5 in Cha that will give you 18 str 20/dex/Cha and 18 wisdom. if they get around to fixing their racial then its even better There be a combat advantage dmg pet also and artifact. But make sure you put the other two racial points into con you should be able to hit 15 con with this build with out even investing any thing into it.

And for human i would just run a plain 16dex 15Str and 15Wis Build DPS and them 3 extra feat points and 3% defense racial are quite lovely same flexibilitie as the Drow Half Orc and Wood Elf Builds

Any way this is just my personal playstyle after testing a few things with each race i try and make use of all the races attribute states this is all my Opinion but hey i find this class exotic in it own right.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Half Elf, I am going to create my first character from the D&D white box Rain Greyraven, he was a half elf ranger I created him back in 1975 and adventured with him until the early 90's. I think it's fitting to let him roam Neverwinter a bit.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited November 2013
    Are the dwarf racials still broken btw
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Half-Orc seems like the best race for HR, but I think I am gonna go with Human.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    Are the dwarf racials still broken btw

what is broken on dwarf racials?
    edited November 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    what is broken on dwarf racials?

ther controll and knockback racials last time i check they were broken ad only worked some of the time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rki2rki2 Member Posts: 57
    edited November 2013
    next race is yuan-ti, best for ranger
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    ther controll and knockback racials last time i check they were broken ad only worked some of the time

urg, hopefully that is/will be fixed then
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, looks like the HR will be in the Barracks discussion board since they sent this thread here.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    btw this is in wrong forum section think this should go at tr hr is not fighter
    and why not dragonborn? they will be new pack race think
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    btw this is in wrong forum section think this should go at tr hr is not fighter
    and why not dragonborn? they will be new pack race think

Actually I started this thread in the general Forum discussion board. The Forum Administrators sent it here.

Dragon-born - seen nothing like that on the preview shard
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • ekhidneekhidne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm going halfling. I've never played a halfling before, on -anything-, and while subraces aren't really a thing in NW, I think a Ghostwise halfling would be perfect for a hunter ranger class.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Would have been nice if they split up all the elf types in this poll wood sun moon half drow menren. and I thought the % of elf would be much higher honestly.

ill be doing wood elf like everyone else, snowrose there on my banner will be remade. that was always her intention. but I do salute all the people who play dwarf tiefling orc and Halfling rangers cause they will be rare.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why this thread in "The Barracks"?
    what about "The Wilds"

I choice Human race = heroic feats+defense.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • superlemondazesuperlemondaze Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i rolled Human for extra feat points and the best rounded race imo,all i see are elfs so its kinda diffrent to, My GWF is human too but i have yet to make any other classes(soon maybe CW looks fun(GF or DC will always get party's(and TR's just suck *** so...i deleted mine to make HR:)
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i rolled Human for extra feat points and the best rounded race imo,

I tend to agree with this. Human may not be the best for any class, but the choice of +2 Stat, 3 additional feats, and the +3% defense make sure that it is always very close to the best choices.
    edited December 2013
    i rolled Human for extra feat points and the best rounded race imo,

I tend to agree with this. Human may not be the absolute best pick for any class, but the choice of +2 Stat, 3 additional feats, and the +3% defense make sure that it is always very close to the best choices.
  • eliteseraph1eliteseraph1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I went teifling because I knew it wasn't optimal, and because I knew almost no one would play one. Plus, all the other races look really silly to me with their expressions. I've spent hours in the editor trying to make orcs, humans, halflings, etc, to NOT look silly, and only come up with a few faces that were passable.

And besdies, I play a human in real life, why would I want to play one in my fantasy dragons magic videogame? XD
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ...halflings beat my race pick. Everything beats my race pick. Why no Tiefling Rangers?
    edited December 2013
    ...halflings beat my race pick. Everything beats my race pick. Why no Tiefling Rangers?

Well Tielflings seem to be the exactly opposite of a 'Nature' race.....
  • darthsillydarthsilly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i went drow just so i could name him t'ler do'urden lol