test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I want Knox's horse.

dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
In Dread Ring, Knox is riding on a horse and the colors of it look great. Much better than the horse I got with the guardian pack. So please add this as an option for players.

UxBqrYX.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    but knox is the boss and the boss always has nicer stuff than us. :/
  • Options
    xxleyanxxxxleyanxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's already in game, it's called the Medium Snowswift Horse. You can get this horse with 270 Ardent Coins from Vault of Piety.
    Synnove ~ Full PvE CW
    Emeril ~ PvP HR
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    xxleyanxx wrote: »
    It's already in game, it's called the Medium Snowswift Horse. You can get this horse with 270 Ardent Coins from Vault of Piety.

Ah, yes, looks like it might be a match. I will check it out on the preview server next week to be sure.

If that is the horse I'm after, step 2 is to get Cryptic to lower the training price of mounts to a reasonable level.
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Ah, yes, looks like it might be a match. I will check it out on the preview server next week to be sure.

If that is the horse I'm after, step 2 is to get Cryptic to lower the training price of mounts to a reasonable level.

If you want an extremely epic mount, you have to pay a good premium for it. If they lower the price, every **** and their brother, sister, etc will have the dang thing making it very undesirable. Some of the most desirable things cost the most, that is part of what makes them the most desirable.
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since when was **** a bad word? no.ob? I don't get it.... At least it is easily bypassed by adding a period in the middle, but seriously. What other stupid words are filtered as bad words? I remember when they hosed the foundry and people couldn't add text because almost everything was a bad word.. haha..
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hm. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. That's definitely the best looking horse mount I've seen in the game, imo. I don't typically like the "armored" look on any mounts in NWO, but I like that one. I've been saving my coins for the healing companion (not that I really need it, I just collect companions...) but that mount is pretty cool looking. Guess that's even more months of praying for me....

Side note: On a related note, I often see NPC's wearing casual clothing that I wish I could purchase for diamonds or bars or something. Every time they release a new clothing pack I'm a little disappointed. I want more casual female wear. Like something I'd wear around a campfire after I take my armor off for the night. Not ballroom dresses/skirts/fancy hats/masks.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    aaronjf wrote: »
    Since when was **** a bad word? no.ob? I don't get it.... At least it is easily bypassed by adding a period in the middle, but seriously. What other stupid words are filtered as bad words? I remember when they hosed the foundry and people couldn't add text because almost everything was a bad word.. haha..

newbie is the non-derogatory word while the other can have both negative and neutral connotations. it's in the filter to prevent such things as "u suck. l2p n**b".
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    aaronjf wrote: »
    If you want an extremely epic mount, you have to pay a good premium for it. If they lower the price, every **** and their brother, sister, etc will have the dang thing making it very undesirable. Some of the most desirable things cost the most, that is part of what makes them the most desirable.

I'm sorry, but when it costs less AD to convert that AD to Zen and buy an account wide rank 3 mount then it does to buy a training time to make a single rank 2 mount into a rank 3 (with no account benefit), something is wrong with the price of training tomes.
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry, but when it costs less AD to convert that AD to Zen and buy an account wide rank 3 mount then it does to buy a training time to make a single rank 2 mount into a rank 3 (with no account benefit), something is wrong with the price of training tomes.
    True, but I still want a Rank 3 speed pig mount for a few characters. ;) Eventually....have too many other things I want first.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,983 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I agree, it's ridiculously over priced for a 'training tome'. I have argued that upgrading white companions to purple is comparable in AD<->Z cost to Z-Store blue/purple companions, but Mounts? That is just over the top. I bought the Dusk Unicorn, because I prefer the colour and the armoring, and that mount is now free for all my toons.
    Is it finally a T5/U/T6 KDF Science Ship?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Nope, just a McKrenim Happy Meal toy.
    IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zpsb3deonfo.png
  • Options
    manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I have one Stormraider horse I upgraded fully to 110%, and a few other mounts I upgraded to the 80% speed.

I won't be upgrading another beyond 80% until they drop the price.

As someone that has paid or the full upgrade - I would LOVE to see the upgrade costs drop. I see no reason to get more mounts until the price drops... its just not worth it for the 'unique' skins.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Stormraider_Horse (My pony I upgraded... I'd upload a pic of me on the mount but the servers are down).

I won't be pissed if they drop the cost or all the training - I'd be HAPPY.

At max cost, the lowest cost epic mount (2500 zen) if you converted AD to zen at 500 per 1 zen would be 1250000 - if this were the final total cost for getting a mount from 50% speed to 110% speed I'd be fine with it.

I get that people will want it for cheaper - but it keeps the cheapest epic zen mount on the list and viable instead of an upgrade (Yes I get that it is account wide and the upgrade is NOT) but it would let people get an epic mount for a lower cost than the nearly 3mil you now pay to upgrade one to 110%, and doesnt make someone more likely to do the upgrade over buying from the store.

If it were much cheaper than this I'd be estatic - 500ad to 1 zen is if I remember right the max possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    At max cost, the lowest cost epic mount (2500 zen) if you converted AD to zen at 500 per 1 zen would be 1250000 - if this were the final total cost for getting a mount from 50% speed to 110% speed I'd be fine with it.

That is a cost I would find reasonable and something I would consider using.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just want Knox's Horse because it is so fast he can always beat you from PE to Dread Ring....or vice versa...
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I just want Knox's Horse because it is so fast he can always beat you from PE to Dread Ring....or vice versa...

i think he's got a deal with STO and they just transport him from one place to another. ;)
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Psst, lil known secret, Knox has a twin.:p
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I think he may have damaged himself with all the riding,
    as his voice is different, when you hear him in Dread.
    Sounds a lot higher pitched than the gruff voice we know. :D

;)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    kirkcaldy wrote: »
    I think he may have damaged himself with all the riding,
    as his voice is different, when you hear him in Dread.
    Sounds a lot higher pitched than the gruff voice we know. :D

;)

it must have something to do with the high altitude. :eek:
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Awesome! My DC wants that horse but I don't like not knowing what it looks like...if it really is the same horse Knox rides then I'm happy. That is one snazzy critter. :D
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Huh.

Has no one realized that this horse, the horse that comes in the Guardian of Neverwinter pack and the Stormrider Clydesdale in the Z-Store are all three the exact same horse, but the saddle blanket is a different color? I have the Z-Store version and stood next to a LOT of the Guardian Pack mounts - exact same thing except they have a yellow saddle blanket and the Clydesdale's is red.

The only difference I see in the screen above is that the blanket is blue. (Horse color patterns may be different also, obviously enough).

Please don't get me wrong - I LOVE that horse (it's why I bought it from the Z-Store) and among all my mounts (4 different account-unlocked and three lockbox mounts) THAT horse is the one I ride most often on all my characters. And it's nice that it's Epic Purple.

And it's also nice that every class at any rank always looks awesome sitting up there, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Huh.

Has no one realized that this horse, the horse that comes in the Guardian of Neverwinter pack and the Stormrider Clydesdale in the Z-Store are all three the exact same horse, but the saddle blanket is a different color? I have the Z-Store version and stood next to a LOT of the Guardian Pack mounts - exact same thing except they have a yellow saddle blanket and the Clydesdale's is red.

The only difference I see in the screen above is that the blanket is blue. (Horse color patterns may be different also, obviously enough).

Please don't get me wrong - I LOVE that horse (it's why I bought it from the Z-Store) and among all my mounts (4 different account-unlocked and three lockbox mounts) THAT horse is the one I ride most often on all my characters. And it's nice that it's Epic Purple.

And it's also nice that every class at any rank always looks awesome sitting up there, too.

Yes, I know they are the same, just with different colors. I however like the colors used on that horse more than the guardian pack mount that I currently use.

Also, one of the trade bar horses is also the same, just with different coloring.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, I know they are the same, just with different colors. I however like the colors used on that horse more than the guardian pack mount that I currently use.

Also, one of the trade bar horses is also the same, just with different coloring.

I really do hate to say it: the "yellow" that is the Guardian version just looks ..hrmmm... "pale" as in "sickly" to me (I really do NOT mean to offend anyone!) LOL It's why I went with the Z-Store version because the red is nice and bold. And I do agree: the Blue on white (horse colors) do look refreshingly bold and beautiful (and it makes the armor look shinier, too).

At the rate I'm going with my first-ever release character, I should be able to buy it in about 5 months. LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    And I do agree: the Blue on white (horse colors) do look refreshingly bold and beautiful (and it makes the armor look shinier, too).

At the rate I'm going with my first-ever release character, I should be able to buy it in about 5 months. LOL

This. The color palette is a favorite color combination of mine, and my DC would look great on it in her armor and in her blue/white noble finery. The others just don't quite work with her color palette. Plus it's free and there's nothing else she really wants to spend her coins on. Just 3 or so more months to go here.... :D
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There is a lot of similarities between the various "Medium" and "Heavy" i.e. the armoured variants of horses, but they are different, the Clydesdale fo instance has much heavier armour (as it should be) than the others, but the Medium Black, Adventurers Horse, and Medium Pharaoh Steed are very similar.

No-one has really seen the Snowshift yet, as no-one has been playing for long enough to get one, but from the pics in the VoP it looks like it's the one Knox uses. I really think Cryptic need to offer more options on horses.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Technically, if someone has played continuously since the beginning of open beta, they might have enough to buy the horse. I don't know when open beta started, though -- I got here in May.
  • Options
    manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I really do hate to say it: the "yellow" that is the Guardian version just looks ..hrmmm... "pale" as in "sickly" to me (I really do NOT mean to offend anyone!) LOL It's why I went with the Z-Store version because the red is nice and bold. And I do agree: the Blue on white (horse colors) do look refreshingly bold and beautiful (and it makes the armor look shinier, too).

It was the Sabino mount with the armor (essentially) for the guardian one.

I love the mount, but its more of a subdued mount than the others. I do use it a lot less than my others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    And WHY Cryptic is the Dusk Unicorn armoured but the Dawn Unicorn isn't?

My Half-Orc GWF looks awesome in her black and purple armour on the Dusk Unicorn. but seriously, my Paladin GF with his Mithral ... err ... Ioun Stone of Allure and Adamantine ... err ... Sword Knots ... Does NOT look right in his White/Silver and blue armour on a Dawn Unicorn that farts butterflies and rainbows and has no armour!

He needs an armoured White Horse!

I also have a HR 'ninja' who needs a completely un-armourd Black horse, I'm not sure what those leather tassel things are supposed to do, but they just don't look right. I may just have to get her a Nightmare, but that's a bit ostentatious and not really her style o.0.

I'd really like Capt. Navarre's horse, a Friesian stallion named Goliath :)

• Options
    edited December 2013
    bendalek wrote: »
    I'd really like Capt. Navarre's horse, a Friesian stallion named Goliath :)

ooh. this. love that movie, too. :cool:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Technically, if someone has played continuously since the beginning of open beta, they might have enough to buy the horse. I don't know when open beta started, though -- I got here in May.

It started April 30th.

Right now I'm at 263 on my main character so closing in.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think it'd be cool if we could "dye" our mounts with the dye packs or something. Not totally new reskinning, but color. Maybe I'd like a gold and yellow striped tiger mount. :P (edit - not that it'll happen, I know...)

Side note: I bought one the "white horses" (green) from the AH that you can get with the coins - and was extremely disappointed that it was not, in fact, very white (at least it didn't cost too much AD). I wanted a bright white horse for my hunter. Didn't happen, so I gave her the small spotted deer instead.

NWO-0171.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I can now 100% confirm this is true.

t42LoGW.jpg