Install Arc
Options

PRO'S and CON'S of new module

Comments

• Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    calorien wrote: »
    Much as you don't like it, Astral Diamond (and Gold) sinks are absolutely vital for a healthy economy. The alternative is inflation, and as it was, the primary AD sink that was actually used was the AH fee..

Well the exchange rate is basically 500 now. I guess we busted inflation in the chops!

Obviously they need some AD sinks but perhaps they should have looked into the existing ones and wondered why people weren't utilizing them. 2+ million to upgrade a white companion to purple? Same for mounts... I can't imagine many people spending their AD there.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    My pros:

- New paragon paths for CWs and DCs aren't bad
    - New zone, new skirmish
    - Active bonuses for companions

My cons:

- Uber-complex, endgame-player oriented new refining system with too many stuff build around it (just to mention "gauntlets")
    - People farming marks and leaving dungeons early when they got one now
    - Artifacts giving endgame-players even a higher boost (mainly affecting PVP). The stat increase is tremendous
    - Paragon path for GWFs (concerning PVP). Great, now we have a second class that permanently kicks and knocks one down
    - Valindra's Tower boss fight is almost a copy of Malabog's castle. No new ideas
    - Dread Ring dailies are again a mindless repetitive grind for boons and unlocks
    - Collection system without any use
    - Ranger class not balanced for PVP at all
    - New dungeon joining system leads to joining dungeons at the end of the dungeons most of the times now
  • Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    saini50990 wrote: »
    really !
    can any1 comment on that pleases haven't familiarize with the artifacts :(
    if its really true hard to upgrade 3 artifacts to orange :(

I wouldn't do 3 legendary... maybe 1 on each main char but epic for the rest. Its to dam expensive
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suzanne9suzanne9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am just an average joe- I only have 1 account and 1 character. I don't spend hours upon hours every day playing- I just play when I can. But I am level 60. This new system is so crappy for people like me. I don't play enough to collect lots of reagents or enchantments, but I have collected a lot of runestones and enchantments over the time I spent building my character. I don't have a ton of AD, so spending them on stupid reagents seems so ridiculous. If the developers wanted to charge AD for fusing enchantments, they just should have added a charge on them without introducing a "reagent". It seems like that is what this is really about- I have to get reagents, which cost AD for players like me, so I get gouged. I want to try and save my AD to get something I actually want like a cool mount or something like that, so it sucks to spend them on ticky-tack things in the game like this. I am starting to agree with what most of you are saying- this change seems to point to "all roads lead to zen" which of course makes all of us break out our wallets. No thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    suzanne9 wrote: »
    I am just an average joe- I only have 1 account and 1 character. I don't spend hours upon hours every day playing- I just play when I can. But I am level 60. This new system is so crappy for people like me. I don't play enough to collect lots of reagents or enchantments, but I have collected a lot of runestones and enchantments over the time I spent building my character. I don't have a ton of AD, so spending them on stupid reagents seems so ridiculous. If the developers wanted to charge AD for fusing enchantments, they just should have added a charge on them without introducing a "reagent". It seems like that is what this is really about- I have to get reagents, which cost AD for players like me, so I get gouged. I want to try and save my AD to get something I actually want like a cool mount or something like that, so it sucks to spend them on ticky-tack things in the game like this. I am starting to agree with what most of you are saying- this change seems to point to "all roads lead to zen" which of course makes all of us break out our wallets. No thanks.

Just get cheap enchants and do dungeons. Its not like you need to max your enchants

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seems They are really focused on stopping the gold farmers instead of making/fixing alot of the issues. Which have drove me mad. when you have a epic drop that is not your class or dont need drop and you get it and its bop<<< need this explained to me. This is the reason for an ah for making ad and helping people at the same time. I know farming is a problem and needs to stop, but dam so much is bop and you don't need it/cna use it and can only salvage it for less the 10k and then you can only refine 24k per day. Just seems you guys are taking to stop farmers and not to make it fun with game play and trading and selling and professions. I leveled my tailoring to 20 to find out that I cant reinforce anything because it binds to me. That made me wanna smash my head through my pc :mad: with all the work you put in just to make shirts and pants. But my lunch is over back to work. I used to level my professions but I don't even care anymore with 6 toons at level 60 and 3 with 20 rank profession on them each. Its a shame. So now I buy pots and kits off the ah do dd events to make the ad back that it cost to buy the pots and kits. <<Does this make me crazy?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    My pros:

- New paragon paths for CWs and DCs aren't bad
    - New zone, new skirmish
    - Active bonuses for companions

My cons:

- Uber-complex, endgame-player oriented new refining system with too many stuff build around it (just to mention "gauntlets")
    - People farming marks and leaving dungeons early when they got one now
    - Artifacts giving endgame-players even a higher boost (mainly affecting PVP). The stat increase is tremendous
    - Paragon path for GWFs (concerning PVP). Great, now we have a second class that permanently kicks and knocks one down
    - Valindra's Tower boss fight is almost a copy of Malabog's castle. No new ideas
    - Dread Ring dailies are again a mindless repetitive grind for boons and unlocks
    - Collection system without any use
    - Ranger class not balanced for PVP at all
    - New dungeon joining system leads to joining dungeons at the end of the dungeons most of the times now

^THIS 100%. To add a few:

Pros:
    - Better DX11 graphics and refined engine mechanics
    - Relaxed Skirmish levels (I wish any level could go to any Skirmish though)
    - Artifacts

Cons:
    - Again, overly complicated and crappy refinement system.
    - Malabog Castle broken again (circles do not line up, animations do not match actions when dragon lands, portals appearing with valindra)
    - Valindra's Tower still broken (2nd phase endless respawning mobs and animations off)
    - Joining at the end of a Dungeon is not right... We had a member disconnect due to a game crash who lost his "seat" to a PUG at the END of CN... PUG walks in, gets chest, leaves. WTF?
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    One thing on dailys. I spent 200k on relics for the new area and now I only do dread spire for each character.. so 200kvs 1-2 hours of time a day for a month. I'll take that deal any day

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Well the exchange rate is basically 500 now. I guess we busted inflation in the chops!

Obviously they need some AD sinks but perhaps they should have looked into the existing ones and wondered why people weren't utilizing them. 2+ million to upgrade a white companion to purple? Same for mounts... I can't imagine many people spending their AD there.

The new AD sink hasn't had time to work, and the current spike in zen price is in my opinion primarily due to a glut of people already sitting on a big bankroll of AD buying zen to get purple companions to fill up their active slots. It remains to be seen where the price will settle at after things have a chance to settle down.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    suzanne9 wrote: »

I completely agree. For instance I would love to be able to get a fancy new companion in order to take advantage of its active companion bonus, but I can't because now all my AD has to go into buying these stupid ****** marks to upgrade enchants and artifacts...
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    calorien wrote: »
    It remains to be seen where the price will settle at after things have a chance to settle down.
    so hoping for the the economy to die down , hoping for it to settle in 2 weeks , lol. cause will be back on my comp after 2 weeks , if not so i will also be venting my frustration on forums and will be joining u guys.
    :)
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i agree, but i noticed this days if you dont got the stone companion ur almost ignored by some ppl and prob this will happen with the active bonus .... its getting harder to do dungeons as a solo player like me

Just one of the many issues with this update that is turning the game towards the elitist raiders. They entire system is now way too expensive for those just starting or are not deep into the end game. Mostly with unnecessary changes. They could have updated the system without adding new reagents, without binding runes making celestial synergy worthless if you don't need the runes yourself. So not only did they raise the cost they removed a way to make AD by selling runes on the market. It was a pointless change.
  • Options
    shadow5930shadow5930 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 502 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Mailing costs nothing.

enhancements do not bind to character.

You get a coal on a char. you mail the stuff to that char. You use the coal. you mail it back.

Why does this break it? Sure, you aren't selling the coal. However you can still use what you get.
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wards from the coffers bind to account, not the character, so you can mail them to yourself and use them on whatever character needs to, without the gold cost of removing the enchantment from the character's equipment (if that's a concern.)
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    shadow5930 wrote: »
    Mailing costs nothing.

enhancements do not bind to character.

You get a coal on a char. you mail the stuff to that char. You use the coal. you mail it back.

Why does this break it? Sure, you aren't selling the coal. However you can still use what you get.

What was the point of the change? It wasn't necessary. It just takes away from the game in a way not needed and it still doesn't refute the issue for new/newer players as well as for solo players that aren't into end game instances. Limiting the game is never a good thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    What was the point of the change? It wasn't necessary. It just takes away from the game in a way not needed and it still doesn't refute the issue for new/newer players as well as for solo players that aren't into end game instances. Limiting the game is never a good thing.

man u guys making the new refine system so end game, but on the contrary its a system for which u can start upgrading ur enchantment from early levels while in old we did not slot any enchantment in anything till i reach level 60 and got my t2 armor.
    but with this new system when i will make my new toon as ranger i can slot the enchantment to its armor and can upgrade it while also remove it easily and transfer it to new armor when i get it.
    the only thing this new system restricts is the farming of enchantments from multiple toons well since i havent played the new module that much so maybe i m wrong , so plz do correct where deem necessary , cause more the info i have better i can play when i will be on the server
    thnx :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    saini50990 wrote: »
    but with this new system when i will make my new toon as ranger i can slot the enchantment to its armor and can upgrade it while also remove it easily and transfer it to new armor when i get it.
    the only thing this new system restricts is the farming of enchantments from multiple toons well since i havent played the new module that much so maybe i m wrong , so plz do correct where deem necessary , cause more the info i have better i can play when i will be on the server
    thnx :)

Already touched on that several posts up
    They could have updated the system without adding new reagents, without binding runes making celestial synergy worthless if you don't need the runes yourself. So not only did they raise the cost they removed a way to make AD by selling runes on the market. It was a pointless change.

All they needed to change was allowing us to upgrade with any runestone and do so while imbedded. They did not need to add reagents making the system overpriced for new players and those not taking part in the end game grindfest...nor did they have to bind wards. Pointless changes.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I haven't tried the new system yet, but if it helps me release some storage space then that's definitely a good thing.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The new enchantment system definitely has some nice changes. Being able to refine slotted enchantments is nice. Being able to unslot with gold is nice. Being able to use different runes or enchantments to upgrade an enchantment is nice. Needing the Marks while also still maintaining the same failure rate as the previous system? Not so nice. Before if I failed it just cost me 1 enchantment which wasn't a big deal when you had a stack of 25 or whatever and they were fairly plentiful and easy (and free) to acquire for even casual players.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey everyone and weed. Good to see you on forums, we should def. pvp, vt, or mc sometime. I struggle to find a good gwf for mc.

That said, all of these refining problem could have been avoided with preparation.

A month before release of shadow mantle me, my friends, and a few other players spent our time on preview. Firstly we figured out the new refining system before it was launched, secondly we checked pet bonuses and bought pets back when zen was like, 370 or so. Thirdly we know that cn was getting fixed so everyone grinded really hard and we still have about 70 ancients in the bank.

So I bought my coals when they were low, then I saved about 3.5m ad for marks that I needed to buy, then here is the key. When you get to endgame, you have your gear, you have your stone, and rank 10s cost a fortune and barely make a difference, so the most important thing is the weapon enchant. Quite honestly, if you don't have tier 2 gear, a stone, a normal enchantment, and rank 7s, the last three dungeons are impossible. I don't take under geared people because we are just asking to die. That is a waste of everyone's time.

The key thing is, everyone wants perfects because they make the biggest impact on gameplay after the augment, so now the most value able thing is not ad, but instead refining points. So I bought up around 250 tranquil sand serenes when they are 15k. Today they are 80. I know have four perfects, a greater plague fire, two epic artifacts and I almost have a second perfect orpal.

That said, even a casual player could have done well if they had just done a little research. If any of you had spent fifteen minutes on oreview and learned the new system, even a small scale investment of a few coals and some refining points sinks could have saved you a ton of ad and made you much more powerful.

So while it is too bad people are complaining, like all complex systems. Information is the most valuable currency, knowledge is power, and the ignorant are punished and exploited. This is not just neverwinter, this is the whole world.

What I would recommend to all of you is do your best to find a good guild of nice players. And then when you see the good players wandering around, talk to them and listen to them, and learn what they know.

The biggest problem with most people is either they are not team players or they are bad listeners. If you want to play solo or if you don't like listening, please quit neverwinter and do something else. You are wasting everyone's time. Team game first.

If you are arrogant and you don't listen to more experienced and knowledgeable players, you will be quickly on my ignore list. You guys too should quit neverwinter and do something else.

And if you are overly selfish, think viral is the only way to go, and it is your goal to win paingiver or let most kills rather than helping others, you too will get ignored. I have no patience for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

However, if you are nice and want help figuring stuff out, i would be glad talking to everyone when I am free. Don't mind the messages.

Btw I am also broke in terms if ad. It is much harder now. Think cryptics real goal was to force us into using real money. Just for the record.

See you all online. N
  • Options
    jasoncgsjasoncgs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Agreed 100%, my cousin went from being able to upgrade the second he had 4 to needing a reagent outside his price range the second the update went live. This is now for veterans and end game elitists only. Smells like STO all over again. Remove the reagents and unbind the wards and the system is for everyone again...but, much like what they did to STO, may take a year or two.
  • Options
    dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *face palm* I am now wishing I would have at least turned my gem collection into Rank 5 before this happened. DOH.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OK, so I had this big long post telling melodywhr why she was wrong blah blah blah and it didn't post for some reason so I'll just sum it up with this.
    melodywhr wrote: »
    (referring to the new refining system)
    it's just like the campaign system... that is designed for you to complete it over weeks/months. not in 3-4 days.

To put it simply, if this is the case, why did we need a new system in the first place?
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    That said, even a casual player could have done well if they had just done a little research. If any of you had spent fifteen minutes on oreview and learned the new system, even a small scale investment of a few coals and some refining points sinks could have saved you a ton of ad and made you much more powerful.

All what you are describing is 0 casual gameplay. ZERO! So don't mix things up. You aren't a casual player. You are a pro player spending lots of time in this game. Other players don't have the time nor the means to play hours on preview to find things out, hours on live with a perfect guild in the back that helps cheating through the high end dungeons fast enough to farm for rings and other stuff. The normal players don't sit on tons of perfect enchants or epics that wait to be sold on AH. Some players can maybe play 2 hours a day, even if you play 4 hours you hardly manage to acquire all the things needed to max out a char unless you are in a guild with players that bug dungeons and speedrun them. If you would do it the normal way you would need 1-2 hours to run ONE dungeon! Now add the dailies on top of that and you see that a normal player would just not have the time to get lots of AD for high endgame gear.

As mentioned by others before: The new refining system targets elite players. Those players that spend hours in this game with their guildmates that also spend hours in this game and that have made a living out of grinding dungeons the fastest way possible.

I play this game like 3-4 hours a day and since the new refining system are there I have not upgraded a single enchant nor a single artifact to the next rank! And I doubt that I will do it in the next time soon for I just miss the marks and I won't dump my whole ADs into buying them.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    snotty wrote: »
    OK, so I had this big long post telling melodywhr why he was wrong blah blah blah and it didn't post for some reason so I'll just sum it up with this.

To put it simply, if this is the case, why did we need a new system in the first place?

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1028581

the devs explain it better than i can.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1028581

the devs explain it better than i can.

Having a look at the list there:

No one wanted to Unslot an Enchantment, pretty much ever. They did if they had really high end Enchants, but this wasn't very common. This had an additional negative of making people not want to bother with the whole Enchantment system while leveling up – if you were unwilling to Unslot an Enchant, then putting one into an item meant it was lost forever, so a lot of people just opted to not bother until the end of the game.

Good job here, but only particularly relevant for players with Rank 5+ enchants.

You couldn’t Fuse Enchants that were currently slotted. With people not wanting to Unslot Enchants, this was a particularly troublesome problem.

Good job here, but again only particularly relevant for players with Rank 5+ enchants.

So. Much. Bag space. Since you needed to gather 4 matching Enchants of the same exact rank in order to Fuse them to the next Rank, you ended up with 2 or 3 stacks of each Enchantment and Runestone, filling upwards of 30 slots in your bag.

With the amount of extra items this is at best a wash - yes we can now feed any enchantments we want to upgrade but now we need additional space for the new refinement items. And what if you don't want to upgrade a enchantment you currently have? Then it is much, much worse.

High barriers to high end Enchants. While the system stayed consistent in that you always needed 4 of a given Rank to get to the next Rank, it would become progressively harder to get 4 of the same Rank, with compounding costs of needing to Rank up many Enchants of lower level before you could even get close to making progress on your current Enchantment.

Well it certainly seems to have helped better geared players (aka people with Rank7+). However with the dismal drop rates of Marks of Potency, it seems to have truly stuffed people trying to gear up from Rank 4 to 7 (which previously wasn't that bad). Lower levels are relatively even worse now but since Rank 4s drop in-game that seems a fair comparison point.

So all in all, this change works wonders for highly geared players, but is a huge pain for those who are not.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    deleted post after seeing the one above
  • Options
    ulkaurulkaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No one wanted to unslot a gem for the same reason no one wants to rush training on a pet, no one wants to rush a leadership task and no one wants to waste diamonds on blue gear in the bazaar. It's too expensive. It was not that it was difficult, it was not unknown that I could do it, I just couldn't see the logic in wasting diamonds when I could "circumvent" it. I had even purchased greater bags when they were on sale so my characters could have room for what was looted. My no-green policy helped that alot.

Yes, I did my best to circumvent what I thought was lack of listening on the part of the people who appeared to want my money more than my gratitude. What did circumventing get me? 1-2 coal wards every 7-8 weeks, with 4 characters invoking daily. Wow, I was really putting the hurt to those who only played one character.

Refinement has now put it so that i burn every 4th and lower level enchant I get. I won't slot less than a rank 5 on any character, and I still don't intend to use the system the way it is now to its fullest. I have runestones and enchantments with full yellow bars because I am just not lucky enough to get the one mark I need to try to improve it. Who knows, maybe I will be forced to pay money when I finally get frustrated that there is no benefit for free-to-play people. Out of three silver gauntlets i have gotten the worst result every time. Maybe my luck will improve when I get the mithral gauntlet today, but who knows?

Oh, and I forgot the best part, after playing build the yellow bar, the percentage to upgrade is.....the same. WtF?

If people think paying for refinement parts and building up runes and enchants is easier than combining 4 of the same type, you are probably the type to sit at a railroad crossing for 10 minutes while complaining about those who drive two blocks further to "circumvent" it. How dare they do what they can to make a bad situation better?

What's next on the list of fun-removal?
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I think for PVE they did an amazing job overall. A few things may need a second look like: is much easier to get epic marks than it is to get blues, Valindra's Tower slipping undermap bug (where is the portal?) and DD chest awesome text message...

PvP is just a mess... i;ve stopped entirely playing that as with artifacts introduction only things they;ve managed to do is increase the difference between a new player and a veteran so only 2 outcomes possible now.. stomp the opponents or get stomped by pvp premades hence nothing fun no matter the side u're on.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ortzhy wrote: »
    PvP is just a mess... i;ve stopped entirely playing that as with artifacts introduction only things they;ve managed to do is increase the difference between a new player and a veteran so only 2 outcomes possible now.. stomp the opponents or get stomped by pvp premades hence nothing fun no matter the side u're on.

well the pvp was **** b4 the artifacts got introduced too. i think they shld distribute pvp q system on gs score now, cause when a 9k gs get in the q with 13k gs the 13k gs player always drop which i dnt like , so they shld diffrentiate the players on gs score basis so the players can be fair i think.
    there shld be 2 pvp q,
    1> which differentiate players on basis of gs score
    2> free for all like now , and penalty shld be introduced in both q system making fair to the players still fighting out in pvp even though player drop.